Thread: I need a presciption for an over the counter drug?

I need a presciption for an over the counter drug?

So I have this allergy problem. I go without Zyrtec for more than an hour and I die. Not literally, I suppose, but close to it, I guess. So I bought a thing of Zyrtec at a local supermarket two weeks ago. The thing has about twenty or thirty tablets, and they're twelve hour. You use a box up in two weeks. Getting to the point and skipping the random details, though, I find out today you can only buy one over the counter product every thirty days, unless you have a prescription. The supermarket refused to sell the Zyrtec. How pathetic can laws get? First of all, it's over the counter for a reason. If there's to be a limit on it, well - that's called a prescription drug, right? So you need a prescription for an over the counter drug? Second. The sheer hypocrisy of the government regulating your medication - or state government. Guns? A foreseeable issue. The use of crack and cocaine? Definitely debatable. But regulating how much of an over the counter medication, in one period of time, that you can buy? What is this, based off of the one gun a month thing? These liberal, progressive laws are insane. Do they even have laws like these in China? North Korea? The EU?
    Last edited by Patriot123; 05-14-2009 at 06:52 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    why not try a good hepa filter,IN YOUR HOME.. they will remove the pollen and etc..

I even mounted one over my air vents in my car... worked great... (duck tape)

must be a good hepa filter.. but even on a smoggy day... it could be a grey cloud outside the car.. but inside... clear as utahs highest mountain.

-MEMAT

What happens when you have to go outside? haha...

Idunno what all you're allergic to or how bad, but I had truly debilitating allergies to just about everything... Pills helped a bit, but were expensive, inconvenient, and weren't terribly helpful. Have been getting "allergy shots" for ~ 3 years and my allergy symptoms have almost entirely disappeared.

If you need a prescription by law... It's worth considering, at least.

Supporting Member
    Missouri

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot123 View Post
    So I have this allergy problem. I go without Zyrtec for more than an hour and I die. Not literally, I suppose, but close to it, I guess. So I bought a thing of Zyrtec at a local supermarket two weeks ago. The thing has about twenty or thirty tablets, and they're twelve hour. You use a box up in two weeks. Getting to the point and skipping the random details, though, I find out today you can only buy one over the counter product every thirty days, unless you have a prescription. The supermarket refused to sell the Zyrtec. How pathetic can laws get? First of all, it's over the counter for a reason. If there's to be a limit on it, well - that's called a prescription drug, right? So you need a prescription for an over the counter drug? Second. The sheer hypocrisy of the government regulating your medication - or state government. Guns? A foreseeable issue. The use of crack and cocaine? Definitely debatable. But regulating how much of an over the counter medication, in one period of time, that you can buy? What is this, based off of the one gun a month thing? These liberal, progressive laws are insane. Do they even have laws like these in China? North Korea? The EU?
    what state are you in? is there another place you can get it? we sell zyrtec at our store and there is no limit you can buy as many as you want

Yeah, no limit here on anything except for psudophedrine. (sp?)

And, that limit is only at one store..and you can buy three products containing it at a time.
    >Fights begin, finger prints are took, days is lost, bail is made, court dates are ignored, cycle is repeated.
    >Dear lord... please allow this dangerous combination of hair spray, bat slobber, and D.O.T. four automatic transmission fluid to excite my mind, occupy my spirits, and enrage my body, provoking me to kick any man or woman in the back of the head regardless of what he or she has or has not done unto me. All my Best, Earlie Cuyler.
    - Earlie Cuyler

Seems they are worried about people making speed out of the stuff and think they need to regulate how much is bought at a time.

It's sad how everybody has to suffer just because they have a problem with people making something they don't like.

helmet

Quote Originally Posted by Mosheh Thezion View Post
    why not try a good hepa filter,IN YOUR HOME.. they will remove the pollen and etc..

I even mounted one over my air vents in my car... worked great... (duck tape)

must be a good hepa filter.. but even on a smoggy day... it could be a grey cloud outside the car.. but inside... clear as utahs highest mountain.

-MEMAT
    He could make a helmet out of hepa filters. Not sure if they work as well as aluminum

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm serious when I state this, those laws piss me off, I think if you want to get morphine for pain,you should not have to have the permission of an "authority figure" let alone something like this for crying out loud.
    "Remember that a government big enough to give you everything you want is also big enough to take away everything you have.” Barry Goldwater

Quote Originally Posted by johnrocks View Post
    I'm serious when I state this, those laws piss me off, I think if you want to get morphine for pain,you should not have to have the permission of an "authority figure" let alone something like this for crying out loud.
    But then how would the physicians make money writing prescriptions?

I hate allergy medications, I found that if I stopped taking allergy medication like sudafed or claritin for a few weeks, my allergies would improve overall as compared to after I stopped taking them. I still had allergies, and if they got bad I would go back to the claritin or something, and it would help but I would feel like $#@!.. and then if I stopped taking them my allergies would again get much much worse. It was like a vicious cycle to keep me addicted to these stupid medications.

Try taking these regularly for about a week and see if your allergies improve:

http://www.iherb.com/Eclectic-Instit..._medium=x&at=0

It's stingy nettle and quercetin, natural substances. The stingy nettle helps keep down the burning feeling from allergies, and the quercetin is an anti-inflamatory that helps keep the allergies at bay as well. I feel much better taking these on a daily basis, and if I don't need it then my allergies don't get worse when I stop taking them. It helps if you have it built up in your system, though, so sometimes I'll just take a pill a day or every other day in case I have allergies in the coming days I can just pop and couple and they're usually gone within the hour.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."