Thread: Good to be King by Michael Badnarik

Good to be King by Michael Badnarik

I just finished this book. I thought it was a good read, but there were several areas I would have liked him to expound on more fully. Anyone who has seen his constitution class knows what the book entails. the main thing he focuses on is rights vs privileges. He also covers the articles, and most of the amendments.

Chapter 2 about rights and privileges can be downloaded or free from his website:

http://www.constitutionpreservation....s/chapter2.pdf

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by disorderlyvision View Post
    I just finished this book. I thought it was a good read, but there were several areas I would have liked him to expound on more fully. Anyone who has seen his constitution class knows what the book entails. the main thing he focuses on is rights vs privileges. He also covers the articles, and most of the amendments.

Chapter 2 about rights and privileges can be downloaded or free from his website:

http://www.constitutionpreservation....s/chapter2.pdf

What does he say in the last chapter, Chapter 26...Is There Anything I Can Do About It ?

"In order to avoid a violent confrontation, I strongly advocate resistance to tyranny. We must be very vocal about it while we still have the opportunity to speak out about our oppressions."

"I am not advocating that you do anything in particular, however I hope that you will begin to do something. We the people have rights. We also have the responsibility of protecting those rights." (He discusses earlier in the book that rights have responsibilities attached to them).

"The most important thing you can do is educate yourself about what is going on...This will undoubtedly take time and effort on your part."

He also advocates joining a third party (bet you can guess which one), Joining the fully informed jury association (FIJA), using gold and silver based currency, volunteering for good trustworthy candidates, or running for office yourself, and Joining the Free State Project if you are willing to move.

Thumbs up

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by disorderlyvision View Post
    Yes EVERYONE should take his class.

I don't like the way he teaches it, I'm used to a more professional instruction method, but then again I did sit through 4 years of college

The book isn't very well written in my opinion, but I learned a lot from both the class and the book. In fact I could very possibly consider Badnarik as the most influential individual to my awakening to libertarianism / Constitutionalism. Napolitano would probably be a very close second followed by Ron. I read Mike and Andy's stuff before I knew Ron existed.

And yes I wish Mike would expand greatly upon things such as equity vs common vs admirality law and other points he lightly brushes upon in his book.

__________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst