Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anarcho-capitalist party

Anarcho-capitalist party

Or maybe just the Anarchy party? What if there was a party dedicated towards the long term goal of anarcho-capitalism? Their platform would basically consist of the slow, well thought out, transition towards privatizing all services offered by government one by one, starting with the easy ones first. What do you guys think? For the statists here, would you ever consider voting for someone who was a self proclaimed anarchist at all? Is it too self-contradicting for an anarchist to run for a government position?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In the libertarian party, we often have people who run on the platform of closing down the very office they are running for...
    So- I don't see it as a contradiction.
    If you have enough people run as anarchist, and people voted them in, then the people vote to shut down the government.
    Last edited by torchbearer; 05-11-2009 at 02:30 PM.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

I would vote for an anarchist depending on their outlook on how to downsize government, how much of a coalition builder they are willing to be, and who else is running.
    Interested in politics? Check out Red Racing Horses for daily updates on electoral politics, redistricting, and the presidential campaigns.

I bet Ron Paul is secretly an anarcho-capitalist/voluntaryist/anarchist, he just can't say it cause it wouldn't work well politically.

Lew Rockwell, Walter Block and most important people at the Mises Institute are voluntaryist.

So is Ernie Hancock, creator of Ron Paul Revolution logo.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperial View Post
    I would vote for an anarchist depending on their outlook on how to downsize government, how much of a coalition builder they are willing to be, and who else is running.
    Wouldn't it be nice to know that if the person you elect fulfills 90% of his promises, he fulfills 100% of your desires?

Quote Originally Posted by Epic View Post
    I bet Ron Paul is secretly an anarcho-capitalist/voluntaryist/anarchist, he just can't say it cause it wouldn't work well politically.
    Well, Lew Rockwell says Ron Paul is a constitutionalist; in addition to Ron himself. I'm not quite sure how that would equate to someone who believes in abolishing all government.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Except that he isn't because he has said he would vote differently if he was a state legislator.

An anarchist's best bet to gain political office, in order to close said office down or whatever, would be running as a Libertarian...

I don't see why you would a make a point of ensuring that it is publicly known you are an anarcho-capitalist in an election, it would just invite all sorts of attacks and negative reactions. If you are running simply to educate / raise questions / and downsize government, rolling under the title of libertarian should be just fine.
    Last edited by Andrew-Austin; 05-11-2009 at 02:34 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They tried this... it was overtaken by the NEOCONS... It was a failure.

If there were no government, and everything was going swimmingly, do you think Ron Paul would say "you know what we need right now is a government!"

Sure, RP says he might vote differently if he was in state government. That also might just be good politics and incrementalism. He has chosen to work through the political system. It doesn't mean that he wouldn't prefer no government.
    Last edited by Epic; 05-11-2009 at 02:33 PM.

If there were no government, and everything was going swimmingly, do you think Ron Paul would say "you know what we need right now is a government!"
    A lot of "ifs" you have there, Eric.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-Austin View Post
    An anarchist's best bet to gain political office, in order to close said office down or whatever, would be running as a Libertarian...

I don't see why you would a make a point of ensuring that it is publicly known you are an anarcho-capitalist in an election, it would just invite all sorts of attacks and negative reactions. If you are running simply to educate / raise questions / and downsize government, rolling under the title of libertarian should be just fine.
    I don't think the Libertarian party is a good example, they don't even seem credible based on their own principles.

The goal for running as a self proclaimed anarchist would be to deal with the negative reactions head on, to get rid of the negative public opinion for the word "anarchy" through public debate, and to win votes to demonstrate how many of the general populace actually support anarchy. Ultimately the end goal would be complete privatization of everything and the end of government, so I don't think it would be good or honest to hide that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraig View Post
    I don't think the Libertarian party is a good example, they don't even seem credible based on their own principles.

The goal for running as a self proclaimed anarchist would be to deal with the negative reactions head on, to get rid of the negative public opinion for the word "anarchy" through public debate, and to win votes to demonstrate how many of the general populace actually support anarchy. Ultimately the end goal would be complete privatization of everything and the end of government, so I don't think it would be good or honest to hide that.
    The anarchist wouldn't be given the chance to explain his philosophy to the electorate to begin with, to defend that he is not actually for chaos. I didn't say anything about the party, you can run as a libertarian at the local level and not have to comprise your principles. You can refrain form blatantly stating that you are an anarchist, and still be honest about your views and policy of revoking the power of the office you are running for. Its possible people will vote for anarchist ideas properly framed, but they will not vote for the word anarchist because there is too much baggage associated with it.
    Last edited by Andrew-Austin; 05-11-2009 at 03:03 PM.

The anarchist wouldn't be given the chance to explain his philosophy to the electorate to begin with, to defend that he is not actually for chaos. I didn't say anything about the party, you can run as a libertarian at the local level and not have to comprise your principles. You can refrain form blatantly stating that you are an anarchist, and still be honest about your views and policy of revoking the power of the office you are running for. Its possible people will vote for anarchist ideas properly framed, but they will not vote for the word anarchist because there is too much baggage associated with it.
    I think one would be able to explain his philosophy during public speeches and most certainly a detailed campaign website, it would just be hard to get it across to the MSM like anything else. Between youtube and everything else I think there is plenty of room for anarchist to grow in popularity similar to what Ron Paul has done if he really knows his information and is both a skilled speaker and debater.

Or maybe just the Anarchy party? What if there was a party dedicated towards the long term goal of anarcho-capitalism? Their platform would basically consist of the slow, well thought out, transition towards privatizing all services offered by government one by one, starting with the easy ones first. What do you guys think? For the statists here, would you ever consider voting for someone who was a self proclaimed anarchist at all? Is it too self-contradicting for an anarchist to run for a government position?
    This is a contradiction in terms. No self respecting anarchist or anarcho-capitalist would use force (political or otherwise) against others. Someone who tried to create a party called the "anarchist party" would be shunned as a statist. (and rightfully so)
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    This is a contradiction in terms. No self respecting anarchist or anarcho-capitalist would use force (political or otherwise) against others. Someone who tried to create a party called the "anarchist party" would be shunned as a statist. (and rightfully so)
    SO if everyone voted to abolish the government, you would reject that vote because it is an act of force/violence against everyone?
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    SO if everyone voted to abolish the government, you would reject that vote because it is an act of force/violence against everyone?
    No, because it is an act of aggression against the State(not "everyone" as you mistakenly claimed). I would celebrate that individuals had become responsible and intelligent enough to throw off the shackles of Statism.
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

That is kind of what I was thinking at first, but how are anarchists ever going to hope to transition the idea from the realm of intellectual debate towards reality? Also I don't think you are using force automatically just by holding a political title. Especially if you use that as an opportunity to end the use of force wherever possible and ultimately everywhere. I don't think Ron Paul could be accused of using force because of how he used his power, I'd like to hear more of what you think on this though.

How is it force if your revoking government power, refraining from using it, or abolishing it?

Anarcho-capitalism is in my mind a big failure - the private run prisons and private armies lately is an example.

Someone else on these forums hit the nail right on the head. You need the free market for everything but force - with force you need to democratize it and make sure everyone is part of it - ie local militias, the posse, the hue and cry, etc etc.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
    John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by BeFranklin View Post
    Anarcho-capitalism is in my mind a big failure - the private run prisons and private armies lately is an example.

Someone else on these forums hit the nail right on the head. You need the free market for everything but force - with force you need to democratize it and make sure everyone is part of it - ie local militias, the posse, the hue and cry, etc etc.
    Since democratic bodies have been so responsible with their use of force? In anarchy everyone literally has a part of it. I don't understand what you are trying to say.

Since democratic bodies have been so responsible with their use of force? In anarchy everyone literally has a part of it. I don't understand what you are trying to say.
    You can't magically will force away. It will always be there. The question is whose hands do you want it in? Anarchy is like a big power gap and those with the most power and determination will fill it.
    Last edited by literatim; 05-11-2009 at 03:47 PM.

Those are not examples of Anarcho-capitalism. They are funded by government, with stolen money.

Those are not examples of Anarcho-capitalism. They are funded by government, with stolen money.
    What justification could there be to throw another man in prison without a court, a trial by jury, etc etc?

Anarcho-capitalism quickly evolves into mobsters and private hired guns. Under that system, the hundred million obama raised would have been used to hire a mercenary army to make people do what he wanted, instead of an election.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
    John Adams

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by literatim View Post
    You can't magically will force away. It will always be there. The question is whose hands do you want it in? Anarchy is like a big power gap and those with the most power and determination will do it.
    qft.
    John Adams

What justification could there be to throw another man in prison without a court, a trial by jury, etc etc?

Anarcho-capitalism quickly evolves into mobsters and private hired guns. Under that system, the hundred million obama raised would have been used to hire a mercenary army to make people do what he wanted, instead of an election.
    This myth has been dispelled on multiple occasions in previous threads on Autarchism v. Statism. Please return to those threads and review.

No, because it is an act of aggression against the State(not "everyone" as you mistakenly claimed). I would celebrate that individuals had become responsible and intelligent enough to throw off the shackles of Statism.
    It would be an act of aggression against those who wanted a government.
    You'd be "forcing" your will on others via vote.

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    It would be an act of aggression against those who wanted a government.
    You'd be "forcing" your will on others via vote.
    They can have their own little government and regulate each other to death, and the non-Statists will have full right to ignore its decrees, taxes, laws, etc-just as anyone can have a club which makes up its own rules. I fully support your right to be an absolute Statist, so long as you leave me out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by literatim View Post
    Anarchy is like a big power gap and those with the most power and determination will fill it.
    Seems like a description of government to me as well. The difference between government and anarchy is that those who choose to live as thugs and warlords are not seen as a necessary entity and are not funding through taxing an entire population, so their overall force would be less.

Please everyone if at all possible, can we keep this into a discussion on an anarchists political party and not a government vs. anarchy debate.

Seems like a description of government to me as well. The difference between government and anarchy is that those who choose to live as thugs and warlords are not seen as a necessary entity and are not funding through taxing an entire population, so their overall force would be less.
    hehe +a bunch

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast