Thread: Dollar's Purchasing Power Annihilated - The Chart They Don't Want You to See

Dollar's Purchasing Power Annihilated - The Chart They Don't Want You to See

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1365...cle_sb_popular

This is the chart they don't want you to see: the purchasing power of the dollar over the past 76 years has declined by 94%. And based on current monetary and fiscal policy, we have at least another 94% to go. The only question is whether this will be achieved in 76 months this time.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I love tyranny. I love being a slave. I love worthless money.

Please feed me more manufactured poisons so I can forget the rest of my troubles and drift away into a catatonic oblivion where I dream of taking the blue pill instead.

Buy Forever Stamps now!
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

This chart becomes a reality if and when this country finally gets cut off? Correct?

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    This chart becomes a reality if and when this country finally gets cut off? Correct?

take a look at the last date on the chart Dec 2009. This is reality.

Last edited by KoldKut; 05-14-2009 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by newbitech View Post
    take a look at the last date on the chart Dec 2009. This is reality.
    Yes, but due to the influx of foreign credit we don't feel the effects of a 94% devaluation.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes, but due to the influx of foreign credit we don't feel the effects of a 94% devaluation.
    I guess it depends on how you look at it. How many families do you know of can survive on one income?

I figure the average to run a modest household is somewhere around 60-80k a year.

Here is some good referenced data from wiki.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Househo..._United_States

I think we are feeling it indirectly, but are very close to a breaking point as the chart suggests. YOU are absolutely correct in that our purchasing power has shifted to baseless credit. ONCE that goes poof, the dollar prop is gone. And its going poof now.

You don't "feel" it just as a frog doesn't feel the temperature of water slowly rising until it boils. It happens so slowly people just accept it.

If you want to feel it then dig around and find an old Sears catalog from 50+ years ago. You'll find some things that have become cheaper due to mass production, technology, etc.. but you'll find a whole lot that shows you what the dollar used to be worth.
    NC doesn't need ThomTillis as the Republican nominee for US Senate.

Quote Originally Posted by newbitech View Post
    I guess it depends on how you look at it. How many families do you know of can survive on one income?

I figure the average to run a modest household is somewhere around 60-80k a year.

Here is some good referenced data from wiki.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Househo..._United_States

I think we are feeling it indirectly, but are very close to a breaking point as the chart suggests. YOU are absolutely correct in that our purchasing power has shifted to baseless credit. ONCE that goes poof, the dollar prop is gone. And its going poof now.
    I completely agree. I can't understand how the populace sleeps at night knowing there is no safety net. If foreign credit moves on to a more alluring target population, its all over.

If foreign credit moves on to a more alluring target population, its all over.
    It's happening now.

If this is the strongest fiat currency there is, I wonder how this chart would look with the others...
    “There are some ideas so wrong that only a very intelligent person could believe in them.”
    ~ George Orwell

"It is difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on his not understanding it.”
    ~Upton Sinclair

Yeah, your 4cent dollar is hella strong...

It's 4 cents now and we haven't had the bailout cash filter into the system yet. What will it be worth then?

blimp for the evening crew