Thread: I am running for congress!!!

I am running for congress!!!

I am forming an exploratory committee to find out what sort of chance I would have running against incumbant Mark Souder. I have been talking to folks throughout the 3rd District, and most people agree, it is time for a change.

We know that most of Congress has lost their marbles when it comes to defending the constitution. I would like to change that. I am up against almost insurmountable odds. This election isn't until 2010 and Mr. Souder has already collected campaign funds to the tune of $50,000. The election isn't for another year yet!

Some of the things that I believe in are

1. 2nd amendment - This is a VITAL part of who we are as Americans. The founders knew what tyranny was, and for them the only option was to keep the general populus armed. This RIGHT is being assaulted every day by the legislative branch. We are seeing ominous rumblings of TOTAL gun control...to help with the drug problem in Mexico and the violence associated with it. We all know that if you close the boarders that the overspill of violence will subside. And that brings me to ...

2. Anti-illegal immigration - I have no problems with any one of any race. My problem is when you break the law ( and it is breaking the law) to achieve the "american dream". Those rules and regulations were put into place, not to punish Mexicans(or Canadians, or Malaysian, or Chinese or anyone else for that matter). It was put into place to make it hard to become an American. This ensures that it is worth it to those that want to make a go at it. This will stop a lot of the overcrowding of our schools, hospitals, and our already overburdened Social programs.

3. Fiscal Responsibility - This is one that most representatives throw out the window. We need to stop throwing money at business' hoping that things will change. Along with fiscal responsibility comes personal responsibility. The people behind the bailout need to accept that these corporations have failed. If I had a small business and I mismanaged my finances, I would not expect a "bailout". These greedy banksters are sucking the taxpayers dry.

4. Sound Money - This goes along with Fiscal Responsibility. Article I, Section 8 states that Congress shall have the power "To coin Money, regulate the value thereof, ..." With the PRIVATE federal reserve coining our money we have broken this promise to the American Public. I want to work to returning the 3rd District to Sound Money policies.

5. I believe our representatives should be accessible. The days of "form letters" and not addressing concerns is over. The only way to truely represent a district is to listen to its constituents. I will be accesible to all residents of the 3rd district.

I was born in Fort Wayne, and grew up in HIcksville Ohio. I graduated from Hicksville High School in 1988. I am married and have two children Philip age 18. He is a senior this year. YAY. I have a 17 year old daughter, MIchelle. I became interested in politics about two years ago. Before that I was blatently apathetic.

I have seen the way this country is headed and I don't like it one bit. I am willing to step up to the plate to change the status quo. I believe we can once again have the country that our Founding Fathers envisioned. Live Free or Die!!

I liken myself to this quote

"Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the trouble makers. The round pegs in the square holes, the ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them, because they change things, they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."

-- Apple Computers, Think Different

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me @ rojodiablouno@aol.com Thanks

Rachel Grubb

Auburn In.
    Last edited by rojodiablouno; 05-08-2009 at 11:19 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Aloha, and welcome to the forums. I sent you a private message, the link to it is at the top right, by your user name.
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Awesome! Glad to have another liberty candidate running in Indiana. If you decide to run, we'll link you up on the Indiana Republican Liberty Caucus website and could probably endorse you (provided you're running as a Republican). I can also probably get you in touch with some people who know the game in Indiana.
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -Plato

Can you declare that you agree with these four crucial points, introduced by Ron Paul during the 2008 Presidential race?

Foreign Policy: The Iraq War must end as quickly as possible with removal of all our soldiers from the region. We must initiate the return of our soldiers from around the world, including Korea, Japan, Europe and the entire Middle East. We must cease the war propaganda, threats of a blockade and plans for attacks on Iran, nor should we re-ignite the cold war with Russia over Georgia. We must be willing to talk to all countries and offer friendship and trade and travel to all who are willing. We must take off the table the threat of a nuclear first strike against all nations.

Privacy: We must protect the privacy and civil liberties of all persons under US jurisdiction. We must repeal or radically change the Patriot Act, the Military Commissions Act, and the FISA legislation. We must reject the notion and practice of torture, eliminations of habeas corpus, secret tribunals, and secret prisons. We must deny immunity for corporations that spy willingly on the people for the benefit of the government. We must reject the unitary presidency, the illegal use of signing statements and excessive use of executive orders.

The National Debt: We believe that there should be no increase in the national debt. The burden of debt placed on the next generation is unjust and already threatening our economy and the value of our dollar. We must pay our bills as we go along and not unfairly place this burden on a future generation.

The Federal Reserve: We seek a thorough investigation, evaluation and audit of the Federal Reserve System and its cozy relationships with the banking, corporate, and other financial institutions. The arbitrary power to create money and credit out of thin air behind closed doors for the benefit of commercial interests must be ended. There should be no taxpayer bailouts of corporations and no corporate subsidies. Corporations should be aggressively prosecuted for their crimes and frauds.
    If so, I look forward to volunteering for you in the coming months.
    tu ne cede malis

Smile

I absolutely agree with those four points. Let me expound on those if I may.

1. Foreign Policy - even if you agree with the war (which I don't) WE CAN'T AFFORD IT!! We have too many soldiers in too many countries. We need to bring them home(along with all the jobs that were outsourced) in order to be a peace.

2. Privacy is a vital part of who we are as Americans. The USA PATRIOT ACT is anything but. The alphabet agencies of the Us government have used the patriot act to target everyday Americans under the umbrella of terrorism. We are not terrorists if we disagree with the government. We also, as Americans DO NOT endorse torture. Torture doesn't work to glean information vital to the safety of the US. It does work if you mean to terrorize normal citizens.

3. Out of control spending has gotten us closer to one world currency and a one world government. We cannot spend our way to prosperity.

4.I actually think the Federal Reserve needs to be gone from the US. IF we choose to keep it, there should be alternate competing currencies i.e. gold, silver etc. With it being a private bank there is no way to see what they are doing. Auditing is a good way to find out just what has been going on for the last 75+ years.
    Thanks for your input. I look forward to talking with you again.

Rachel

I will donate money to anyone who agrees with Ron Paul and runs for Congress or Senate. Go for it. Let's take this F'n country back.

I think that, realistically speaking, incumbents win re-election more than 90% of the time. I think that your time and money would be better spent running for a more local office, especially if you have never run for public office before.

I look forward to meeting with you on August 8th. I hope I can make it.
    tu ne cede malis

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Good luck to you!
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

great to have you!

good luck!
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear