Thread: I am running for congress!!!

I am running for congress!!!

I am forming an exploratory committee to find out what sort of chance I would have running against incumbant Mark Souder. I have been talking to folks throughout the 3rd District, and most people agree, it is time for a change.

We know that most of Congress has lost their marbles when it comes to defending the constitution. I would like to change that. I am up against almost insurmountable odds. This election isn't until 2010 and Mr. Souder has already collected campaign funds to the tune of $50,000. The election isn't for another year yet!

Some of the things that I believe in are

1. 2nd amendment - This is a VITAL part of who we are as Americans. The founders knew what tyranny was, and for them the only option was to keep the general populus armed. This RIGHT is being assaulted every day by the legislative branch. We are seeing ominous rumblings of TOTAL gun control...to help with the drug problem in Mexico and the violence associated with it. We all know that if you close the boarders that the overspill of violence will subside. And that brings me to ...

2. Anti-illegal immigration - I have no problems with any one of any race. My problem is when you break the law ( and it is breaking the law) to achieve the "american dream". Those rules and regulations were put into place, not to punish Mexicans(or Canadians, or Malaysian, or Chinese or anyone else for that matter). It was put into place to make it hard to become an American. This ensures that it is worth it to those that want to make a go at it. This will stop a lot of the overcrowding of our schools, hospitals, and our already overburdened Social programs.

3. Fiscal Responsibility - This is one that most representatives throw out the window. We need to stop throwing money at business' hoping that things will change. Along with fiscal responsibility comes personal responsibility. The people behind the bailout need to accept that these corporations have failed. If I had a small business and I mismanaged my finances, I would not expect a "bailout". These greedy banksters are sucking the taxpayers dry.

4. Sound Money - This goes along with Fiscal Responsibility. Article I, Section 8 states that Congress shall have the power "To coin Money, regulate the value thereof, ..." With the PRIVATE federal reserve coining our money we have broken this promise to the American Public. I want to work to returning the 3rd District to Sound Money policies.

5. I believe our representatives should be accessible. The days of "form letters" and not addressing concerns is over. The only way to truely represent a district is to listen to its constituents. I will be accesible to all residents of the 3rd district.

I was born in Fort Wayne, and grew up in HIcksville Ohio. I graduated from Hicksville High School in 1988. I am married and have two children Philip age 18. He is a senior this year. YAY. I have a 17 year old daughter, MIchelle. I became interested in politics about two years ago. Before that I was blatently apathetic.

I have seen the way this country is headed and I don't like it one bit. I am willing to step up to the plate to change the status quo. I believe we can once again have the country that our Founding Fathers envisioned. Live Free or Die!!

I liken myself to this quote

"Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the trouble makers. The round pegs in the square holes, the ones who see things differently. They're not fond of rules, and they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can't do is ignore them, because they change things, they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do."

-- Apple Computers, Think Different

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me @ rojodiablouno@aol.com

Rachel Grubb

Auburn In.
    Last edited by rojodiablouno; 05-08-2009 at 11:19 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thank you for taking the time and effort, and having the courage, to run for public office. I like your positions and I look forward to supporting you.

Have you gone to www.retakecongress.com and informed them of your intentions?

Best of luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    You're not making the claim that there's no objective best diet, are you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retake congress

Yes I have checked it out. Sounds like just the thing to help get this off the ground. I appreciate your thoughts, and I will need all the encouragement I can get. This incumbant has been on the scene for 16 years. IT is time for a change. And not the kinda change Obama is giving out. LOL

Would you be willing to question current immigration laws?

You can talk about closing borders and the like but the real problems with immigration come from bad immigration laws and social programs. The current process to become an American citizen must be stream lined.

How do you feel about Social programs? This would not only include S.S., Medicare, medicaid but also public schooling as well as any other public run service?

Finally,

What is the the purpose of government?
    Last edited by GBurr; 05-09-2009 at 07:16 PM.
    "If freedom is what we want, it is ours for the taking. Let the revolution begin." - Ron Paul The Revolution: A Manifesto

great guerila marketing tool....

go to adeasprinting.com and have a look at their "stick on doorhangers"...hit EVERY home in your district with them..

also..

set up a profesional website..create buzz and build name recognition...

enlist CFL activists from neighboring districts as well as your own

set up a front group to attack your opponent..did he vote for bailout?..Start a negative drip ad campaign against him..

Good luck, Rachel! I like your platform a lot.

Keep us posted. If you get things up and running, and it seems like you have any chance at all, I'd be happy to donate.

Good luck, you can count on my support in any way you need it...unfortunately i cant give you my vote if i was in your district you'd definitely have it!

good luck! many of us are planning to do likewise!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GBurr View Post
    Would you be willing to question current immigration laws?

You can talk about closing borders and the like but the real problems with immigration come from bad immigration laws and social programs. The current process to become an American citizen must be stream lined.
    That didn't work out so well for John McCain... the vast majority of amnesty supporters also believe in big nanny government. Those people will vote for the Obama Democrat no matter what.