Thread: Pack it in, it's Over for Rand Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    LOL. Well played.
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

I love the Strawman he throws up that "Ron Paul is not pro-military" --- right, considering he received the highest amounts of military donations in the 2008 primary, and that he believes in a strong national defense.

I still have no idea why anyone cares at all about this Eric Dondero guy. He's a sparrow-fart in a hurricane.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

when will we know if Rand is going to run? We need to get crackin! tones

I consider filling congress with Ron Paul's more important than the presidency...maybe we should focus on that...tones

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    I love the Strawman he throws up that "Ron Paul is not pro-military" --- right, considering he received the highest amounts of military donations in the 2008 primary, and that he believes in a strong national defense.

I still have no idea why anyone cares at all about this Eric Dondero guy. He's a sparrow-fart in a hurricane.
    He is very adept at hanging out all over the internet, that's for sure.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by tonesforjonesbones View Post
    when will we know if Rand is going to run? We need to get crackin! tones
    Rand said he will run when Senator Bunning is not running.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Lightbulb

The comments on that blog are VERY interesting.
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post

It's a point worth mentioning. Because I think Ron Paul would have had more support if he talked about having a brutally powerful military, with the caveat that he would keep it strong and viable by not wasting it on corporate based foreign intervention. But rather, a super bad ass defensive military always capable of quick and lethal strikes if necessary. Ron Paul may have been perceived as weak on this. He never really clearly distinguished between a powerful military for defense, and one for intervention. I think that made a few people nervous. RP talked a great deal during the campaign about how much money we would save by ceasing our empire aspirations, but he never painted a picture about what an RP administration military would, or could, look like. He missed a great opportunity to spin a relationship between pacifism and a new military that would provide us with even greater safety.
    Last edited by anaconda; 05-03-2009 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Rand said he will run when Senator Bunning is not running.
    If Bunning disfavors Rand, then he will just stall for as long as possible in order to help his opponent. Someone more powerful could even put Bunning up to it.

Rand should not wait too long.
    Last edited by Andrew-Austin; 05-03-2009 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-Austin View Post
    If Bunning disfavors Rand, then he will just stall for as long as possible.
    I agree.

I personally think Rand Paul needs to pick a date and draw a firm line in the sand and say: "if Bunning doesn't officially announce he'll run in 2010 or retire by this date; I'm running regardless."

I agree.

I personally think Rand Paul needs to pick a date and draw a firm line in the sand and say: "if Bunning doesn't officially announce he'll run in 2010 or retire by this date; I'm running regardless."
    Yes. I hope he doesn't turn out to have backed himself into a corner with these swipes at Greyson for jumping the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    It's a point worth mentioning. Because I think Ron Paul would have had more support if he talked about having a brutally powerful military, with the caveat that he would keep it strong and viable by not wasting it on corporate based foreign intervention. But rather, a super bad ass defensive military always capable of quick and lethal strikes if necessary. Ron Paul may have been perceived as weak on this. He never really clearly distinguished between a powerful military for defense, and one for intervention. I think that made a few people nervous. RP talked a great deal during the campaign about how much money we would save by ceasing our empire aspirations, but he never painted a picture about what an RP administration military would, or could, look like. He missed a great opportunity to spin a relationship between pacifism and a new military that would provide us with even greater safety.
    That's because Ron needed a communications director who knew what would play well. His message was perfect, but it needed to be fed to the audience in a specific way. The campaign failed to do that.

The thread title is ridiculous.

Member #43 of Ron Paul's Campaign for Liberty
    Smallest Political Quiz
    Judge Napolitano on Ron Paul
    Constitutional Republic
    A Republic If You Can Keep It
    Ron Paul in 1988

In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
    -Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by OptionsTrader View Post
    That's usually the intent of sarcasm.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by OptionsTrader View Post
    You must be new here

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TruthisTreason View Post
    Rand Paul on Foreign Policy
    YouTube - Dr. Rand Paul on Foreign Policy
    Why does rand say this differs from Ron?

Quote Originally Posted by almantimes2 View Post
    Why does rand say this differs from Ron?
    The one place Republicans attacked his dad on was they thought he was weak on defense. We know he wasnt but the average voter didn't. Rand is making it a point to communicate that he is NOT weak on defense.

What does "US Navy (hon)" mean, exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by rp08orbust View Post
    Yes. I hope he doesn't turn out to have backed himself into a corner with these swipes at Greyson for jumping the gun.
    That's what I fear right there; that with Paul's comment on Grayson forming a committee before Bunning officially leaves, Rand Paul has painted himself into a corner. He has to hold on now until Bunning leaves or it'll be a pretty good-sized gaffe other campaigns will use against Rand Paul.

With those comments, even though it is pretty obvious Bunning is leaving eventually, Rand Paul made the mistake of leaving his whole campaign (when it starts which effects money and airtime and everything) at the mercy of Jim Bunning.
    Last edited by RonPaulFanInGA; 05-04-2009 at 01:17 AM.

Supporting Member
    Missouri

Blog Entries
    someone should comment on there and say "you dirty rotten traitor, rand could do without your endorsement"

Wink

That's what I fear right there; that with Paul's comment on Grayson forming a committee before Bunning officially leaves, Rand Paul has painted himself into a corner. He has to hold on now until Bunning leaves or it'll be a pretty good-sized gaffe other campaigns will use against Rand Paul.

With those comments, even though it is pretty obvious Bunning is leaving eventually, Rand Paul made the mistake of leaving his whole campaign (when it starts which effects money and airtime and everything) at the mercy of Jim Bunning.
    Yes

Hey if this Eric Dondero guy gives Rand Paul a net-addition of 5-10 voters due to his e-pontifications, then I will give him a big thumbs-up and buy him a Pabst Blue Ribbon if we ever cross paths.

*COUGH* BTW *COUGH* if any guests on the board care to know, the "sparrow-fart in a hurricane" line is attributable to former Senator Alan Simpson of Wyoming.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Anyone catch the last half hour of C-SPAN's Washington Journal?

They had guest on talking about the Senate race and Jim Bunning status in Kentucky.

JOSEPH GERTH Louisville Courier-Journal's political writer mention in his words, A Handfull of Candidates running for the Republican nominee.

He NEVER mentions Rand Paul.

Then after some high school student questions, the next guest to answer questions was, TAEGAN GODDARD - Political Wire.com Founder

Again, they speak about the Revolution going on in the GOP party and the failures are due to the party straying away from it's principles. WAR, FISCAL spending, Security hawks, and factions et al. There's "No Single Unifying Figure to lead/patch the GOP back together again"

Mr GODDARD then speaks about Bunning and the US Senate race... mentioning the challengers, never mentioning Rand Paul.

Well it appears the MEDIA once again, are forcing the GOP LOSERS to the top. We need to contact these clowns and point out their either, ignorance or direct sabotage.

you can watch the video/archive on Washington Journal.

http://c-span.org/Series/Washington-Journal.aspx

9am – Taegan Goddard, Political Wire.com
    9:15am – Beth Reinhard, Miami Herald, Political Reporter
    9:30am - Daniela Altimari, Hartford Courant, Staff Writer
    9:40am – Joseph Gerth, Louisville Courier-Journal, Political Writer

The MSM are starting early and appear to be a Democratic backed media.

TAECAN GODDARD even stated that Nobel Moron Paul Krugman "Who is an Extreme Critic of the Obama Administration"... OBAMA has reached out to... OBAMA has reached out to appointing REPUBLICANS to positions

I think y'all get the gist
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 05-06-2009 at 08:09 AM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tonesforjonesbones View Post
    I consider filling congress with Ron Paul's more important than the presidency...maybe we should focus on that...tones
    word. Congress is where the power is.

Quote Originally Posted by TruthisTreason View Post
    jgerth@courier-journal.com

P.S. Not that this is an excuse, but the Courier Journal LEANS LEFT!!!
    I expect the corporate owned Courier-Journal, The Lexington Herald-Leader, and The Kentucky Enquirer to be very biased in their coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by spotics View Post
    I expect the corporate owned Courier-Journal, The Lexington Herald-Leader, and The Kentucky Enquirer to be very biased in their coverage.
    There may be a closet Libertarian who covers Northern Kentucky politics. He might just get a fair shake up here.

The majority of Media are probably pro Obama... so of course, the pro BO papers want the weakest missing link GOP RINO to win the republican primary, so when the election comes up in November, the candidate gets trounced by the Democratic rival.

Shades of John "MissTeenSouthCarolina" McCain
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 05-06-2009 at 09:21 PM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran