Thread: Online Petition to Bag the "Bag Tax"

Online Petition to Bag the "Bag Tax"

Online Petition to Bag the "Bag Tax"

The DC Council is considering imposing a 5 cent bag tax on all paper and plastic bags you receive in grocery stores, restaurants, take out food stores and stores that sell food like CVS. For every bag you use, you will be taxed 5 cents. The Council is claiming that the tax revenue will be used to clean the Anacostia River. While everyone can agree the polluted Anacostia River needs to be cleaned up, the DC Republican Party disagrees with adding an additional tax on its residents. The DCGOP argues that we need to promote recycling and correct the human problem of polluting to solve the pollution problem. The revenue could come from the District's budget which has increased 42% since 2004.

If you agree that DC can't afford another tax, take a minute to sign our online petition. Many pet owners in the District use plastic bags to clean up after their pet on walks and this petition addresses this concern.

My review of the For Liberty documentary:
    digg.com/d315eji
    (please Digg and post comments on the HuffPost site)

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

Nicholas Sanchez on Bush's legacy, September 30, 2007.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They tried that here last year but they couldn't get enough support for it.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLightShining View Post
    They tried that here last year but they couldn't get enough support for it.
    Any arguments or insights would be appreciated. I've forwarded it to some dog owner groups here.
    My review of the For Liberty documentary:
    digg.com/d315eji
    (please Digg and post comments on the HuffPost site)

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

Nicholas Sanchez on Bush's legacy, September 30, 2007.

*Signed
    The ultimate test of a man's conscience may be his willingness to sacrifice something today for future generations whose words of thanks will not be heard. - Gaylord Nelson

Be the "Change" you want to be...

I can support plastic bag tax but not paper

Bag tax started in China.
    "We do have some differences and our approaches will be different, but that makes him his own person. I mean why should he [Rand] be a clone and do everything and think just exactly as I have. I think it's an opportunity to be independent minded. We are about 99% [the same on issues]." Ron Paul