Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To My Fellow Christian Libertarians...and anyone else open to this..

To My Fellow Christian Libertarians...and anyone else open to this..

I have been searching for a church to attend that is Christian and not zionist..boy that's tough..but I stumbled on this one...it's really great, I thought I'd share..Tones

http://whtt.org/straitgate/index.php?id=13

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tonesforjonesbones View Post
    I have been searching for a church to attend that is Christian and not zionist..boy that's tough..but I stumbled on this one...it's really great, I thought I'd share..Tones

http://whtt.org/straitgate/index.php?id=13
    Other than "house churches" I don't attend.

Can't find a single one around that's not a 501 -3 (c).

Had one open up near here couple years back, and sent an email asking the pastor if the church was 501 and if he was taking part in the fedgov's "Clergy Response Team" program.

Got a nasty gram back saying, in essence, none of my damn business.

Needless to say, didn't go there.

Pharisees all.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

Just a friendly reminder: Quakerism is one of the most libertarian religions around. Mark from Free Talk Live just converted to it last week!

A Non-Zionist Denomination

The church I attend is part of the Confederation of Reformed Evangelical Churches (CREC), and it is very libertarian in nature. As a matter of fact, most of the members in my church strongly supported Congressman Paul during the Primaries. We're not even 501(c)(3) incorporated. Among other things, my denomination denies that the land of Israel is where the chosen people of God are, which is a characteristic of Zionism. It's unfortunate that many American Christians today have given in to that lie for so long.
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

I hope ya'll will watch this video..it's actually a power point presentation..I think you will find it very interesting...tones

http://whtt.org/show/

this is actually a movement not a church...tones (the man want's people to let him know if they go to a church that is not judia christain/zionist..and he'll put it on the site in case others in the area are looiking for a non zionist christian church)

Okay, I am going to make myself look dumb, but I have to admit it, okay?

I don't know ANY of the terms for what means what... I have no idea what what I believe is considered...I just don't know.

I don't go to any church simply because I cannot place myself... I know WHAT I believe, I just don't know WHO believes it. You know?

I DO know that I believe in purgatory, to an extent, and that most protestants don't, if any. I do know that I love things like passover... I know that I HATE how even our ideas for what is right and true are not the same anymore...they are becoming sensationalized and commercial, like the simple form isn't good enough.

Okay, so it may seem weird, but does anyone know how I would go about figuring this out?
    >Fights begin, finger prints are took, days is lost, bail is made, court dates are ignored, cycle is repeated.
    >Dear lord... please allow this dangerous combination of hair spray, bat slobber, and D.O.T. four automatic transmission fluid to excite my mind, occupy my spirits, and enrage my body, provoking me to kick any man or woman in the back of the head regardless of what he or she has or has not done unto me. All my Best, Earlie Cuyler.
    - Earlie Cuyler

Keep subjecting yourself to centuries old ideologies if you choose to, I recommend not going at all and save yourself from mindless indoctrination into pagan beliefs akin to the occult.

There is a man nailed to a cross and you kneel to it, that gesture in and of itself signifies obedience, and you worship it. It's really quite sad.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    what terms are you not familiar with ? I'm sure some of us can help you out..tones

Pretty much all of them...I was raised in one certain denomination, and if I wasked questions I was told it was the devil making me do it, and never was answered...the only thing I know for sure is what THAT religion believes.

I know what *I* believe, but not what it is caled...LOL..

does that make any kind of sense? I don't know what I am...besides a believer in Christ.
    >Fights begin, finger prints are took, days is lost, bail is made, court dates are ignored, cycle is repeated.
    >Dear lord... please allow this dangerous combination of hair spray, bat slobber, and D.O.T. four automatic transmission fluid to excite my mind, occupy my spirits, and enrage my body, provoking me to kick any man or woman in the back of the head regardless of what he or she has or has not done unto me. All my Best, Earlie Cuyler.
    - Earlie Cuyler

Quote Originally Posted by asimplegirl View Post

does that make any kind of sense? I don't know what I am...besides a believer in Christ.
    Besides being told stories when you were young and impressionable, what makes you believe in Christ? After all, everything you questioned was the devil making you do it... do you believe that? I'm trying to follow the logic of the believer here.

My Baptist grandparents run three churches at RV parks in Michigan and Florida which they pay for out-of-pocket (they do have a small church-shaped collection container they bring around they use to send kids to a christian camp with.). They can exist because the campgrounds allow them to use the activity centers at no charge. They pull in surprisingly large crowds, sometimes in excess of 50 people, not counting the children my grandma works with.

I personally have been very interested in Quakerism, but I'm having trouble locating one near me, and I'm still a bit unsure if they'll accept an agnostic-atheist.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by LATruth
    Keep subjecting yourself to centuries old ideologies if you choose to, I recommend not going at all and save yourself from mindless indoctrination into pagan beliefs akin to the occult.

There is a man nailed to a cross and you kneel to it, that gesture in and of itself signifies obedience, and you worship it. It's really quite sad.
    Today 08:48 PM
    I respectfully ask how is this response even on topic?

Quote Originally Posted by LATruth View Post
    Besides being told stories when you were young and impressionable, what makes you believe in Christ? After all, everything you questioned was the devil making you do it... do you believe that? I'm trying to follow the logic of the believer here.
    Yes, that is why I am not part of that religion anymore, and haven't been to a church in ages. I have trust issues with them.

I don't need a church to worship, I just wonder what I am?

What makes me believe? Well, for starters, I don't believe hardly anything that was ever taught me as a child...I just don't. The things I believe are things I feel is right..they just so happen to be Christian in nature.

As I know Jesus existed, it makes alot of sense to me, and I think that understanding of what is meant to be is what screws alot of us, and makes us look like idiots to nonbelievers. We all disagree somehow. The idea of God is very confusing, even to me, but I prefer to think of Him/her as someone or something close to mother nature....and if there isn't a such thing, then what harm does it do?? I am not forcing anyone else to do the same...I *DO* however, believe that even if there wasn't a God, we would make one up, as it is our nature to need to KNOW. I just think there is...that's not a good enough argument, I know...but it is all I need.

There are things that have happened in my life that are far to out of the norm to be just coincidences, and I don't believe in those anyway.

I know that I am not the average Christian, that I tend to want to have proof of nearly everything I believe, but there are some things I just KNOW are RIGHT. And, those are things I don't have to question- they come from me and no one else.
    - Earlie Cuyler

Quote Originally Posted by asimplegirl
    Yes it makes sense. I was told similar things when I was a child but it did not stop me from loving Jesus Christ and His teaching.

I guess what I am asking is, does anyone know what belief system I mostly fit into?? I have always wondered.

I have tried quite a few religions in the past, but never really got the hang of any of them, though Buddhism was a nice one. .....It just didn't mean ENOUGH.

Does any know?? Or know a way to find out??

Like you can ask me questions and by my answers you can tell me what you think I would be a good fit?
    - Earlie Cuyler

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    I respectfully ask how is this response even on topic?
    I was replying to this...

Okay, I am going to make myself look dumb, but I have to admit it, okay?

I don't know ANY of the terms for what means what... I have no idea what what I believe is considered...I just don't know.

I don't go to any church simply because I cannot place myself... I know WHAT I believe, I just don't know WHO believes it. You know?

I DO know that I believe in purgatory, to an extent, and that most protestants don't, if any. I do know that I love things like passover... I know that I HATE how even our ideas for what is right and true are not the same anymore...they are becoming sensationalized and commercial, like the simple form isn't good enough.

Okay, so it may seem weird, but does anyone know how I would go about figuring this out?
    the post RIGHT BEFORE mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Working Poor View Post
    Yes it makes sense. I was told similar things when I was a child but it did not stop me from loving Jesus Christ and His teaching.
    But when MOST religions are broken down to their lowest common denominator, in essence, they are just sun worship. Especially Christianity.
    Last edited by LATruth; 04-22-2009 at 09:22 PM.

But when all MOST religions are broken down to their lowest common denominator in essence they are just sun worship. Especially Christianity.
    Please take note of my idea of God, above.
    - Earlie Cuyler

Burning a Strawman

Christians don't kneel at the feet of a wooden cross, but rather, we kneel to the Man Who died on the cross to atone for our sins. He is Creator, Lord, and Savior of us all, not the nails and wood.
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

A Lying Tongue Makes One Look Like a Snake

But when MOST religions are broken down to their lowest common denominator, in essence, they are just sun worship. Especially Christianity.
    Show me in the Bible where it commands that we should worship the sun. Otherwise, you really need to quit with your false allegations.

Quote Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
    Christians don't kneel at the feet of a wooden cross, but rather, we kneel to the Man Who died on the cross to atone for our sins. He is Creator, Lord, and Savior of us all, not the nails and wood.
    In that quote a man was involved. I was raised Catholic, went to cadicism, performed all of my "sacraments" etc... but somewhere along the line, say age 7, when the age of reason started kicking in full swing, I left those teaching behind. Way behind.

I'm Sorry to Hear That, But...

In that quote a man was involved. I was raised Catholic, went to cadicism, performed all of my "sacraments" etc... but somewhere along the line, say age 7, when the age of reason started kicking in full swing, I left those teaching behind. Way behind.
    I've been a Christian all my life, yet, I don't see reason as incompatible with my Christian beliefs at all. It sounds like you're another victim of the Roman Catholic Church, where the emphasis is on tradition rather than the word of God as the means of intelligent thought.

Come on now. Tones asked a reasonable and sincere question. There's no need to turn this into a debate about believing/non-believing. There are already plenty of threads for that elsewhere.

Thanks.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Um, hello!

I asked a serious question, too...I want tones to help...or anyone else as educated about this stuff as she(?) is.
    - Earlie Cuyler

Quote Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
    I've been a Christian all my life, yet, I don't see reason as incompatible with my Christian beliefs at all. It sounds like you're another victim of the Roman Catholic Church, where the emphasis is on tradition rather than the word of God as the means of intelligent thought.
    It was most certainly Roman Catholic. However, the idea of different ideologies of the same religion turns me off as well. Religion, if real, should be absolute, not up for interpretation. After all, it's the word of God right? Who is wrong? Who is right? Who will see 72 virgins? Who will burn in hellfire?

And then comes modern science.

Cowsley: Sry, Didn't mean to hijack a thread, but there is discussion taking place here.

I guess what I am asking is, does anyone know what belief system I mostly fit into?? I have always wondered.

I have tried quite a few religions in the past, but never really got the hang of any of them, though Buddhism was a nice one. .....It just didn't mean ENOUGH.

Does any know?? Or know a way to find out??

Like you can ask me questions and by my answers you can tell me what you think I would be a good fit?
    You are what you are.

Even within religions - I think in their inner hearts most people disagree on a lot of dogma, but they go to the church that is closest tot heir beliefs on what they feel is important. I think there are churches whose doctrine is more accurate to the truth than others, but bootom line I feel that the only important purpose of organized religion is to bring it's adherents closer to God. Not to intercede between them and God, but to lead them to their own relationship with God.

A relationship that I have regrettably neglected for far to many years.

I have had some interesting exposure to Buddhism, Taoism, and Jedi Mind Tricks I would be happy to throw some questions out there - not sure that I could classify you based on that (like you, I am not sure that I can classify myself) but it would be interesting to compare what I believe about certain things with what you believe (or what anyone else beleives if they want to respond)

It's too late tonight, but tomorrow I will try to post a questionaire if you want to respond to it that would be great. And feel free to not answer anything you don't want to, Miss California. I know you're lurking.
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

Original_Intent: But IMO Buddhism, Taoism etc are more of a philosophy, not a religion.

Yeah, I would appreciate it!

I will look for that.

::shock:: Miss California is lurking?
    - Earlie Cuyler

Ah, what the heck - I won't be able to sleep anyway.

1. Do you beleive that God, Christ and the Holy Ghost are all one being or individuals?

2. Do you believe that only those baptised into the true religion can go to heaven, and that everyone else is sadly destined to burn in hell forever?

3. What do you believe in regards to faith vs works regarding salvation?

4. What do you think happens to infants who die without baptism?

5. Do you believe you existed in any form before you were born, and if so what type of existence was it?

6. Do you believe in a literal devil? If so what type of being is he?

7. Do you believe God has ever directly communicated with mankind? Do you believe He currently communicates to mankind? Do you believe he communicates with you?

8. Do you believe that Christ was literally resurrected? If so, why? What purpose did it serve? What exactly IS resurrection?

9. If you believe in an afterlife, do you believe you will have any relationship there with loved ones from this life?

10. What would constitute and unforgiveable sin (if any?)

That;s enough for now - I really am tired maybe I will add some more tomorrow if you want. Sorry they are kind of essay questions in many cases. Has to be that way.
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast