Thread: Obama's Position on Marijuana in November 2007

Obama's Position on Marijuana in November 2007

My attitude is if the science and the doctors suggest that the best palliative care and the way to relieve pain and suffering is medical marijuana, then that’s something I’m open to. There’s no difference between that and morphine when it comes to just giving people relief from pain.
    Obama, November 25th 2007 at a campaign stop in Audubon, Iowa
    http://firstread.msnbc.msn.com/archi...25/479649.aspx
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "...until I become president and laugh off the whole idea"
    "I'm not just trying to win or get elected. I am trying to change the course of history" - Ron Paul

I researched that high-thc hemp oil, if ingested, could cure diseases such as cancer. Rick Simpson is a big supporter of the process, and has been prosecuted by the government in the process. I found nothing contradicting this. Has anyone heard of this?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    "...until I become president and laugh off the whole idea"
    can you help me find the article or town hall meeting where he was changing his position?
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

//

bump

//

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    can you help me find the article or town hall meeting where he was changing his position?
    here you go

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/03...y4894639.shtml
    Insanity should be defined as trusting the government to solve a problem they caused in the first place. Please do not go insane!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    anyone else have any other articles to add?

I'd like to start compiling obama lies with before and after quotes.

Well he said they would stop the MMJ raids where they were obeying state law. There was one right after, but they claimed they weren't obeying state law, so they could have been selling to non-patients, or maybe they just weren't complying with state law, i dunno. Either way, I agree the Feds shouldn't have jurisdiction in that case, but I dunno if it goes against what he said.

I don't think there have been any raids since on medical dispensaries. There was one in Detroit a few days ago, but I don't think it's legal there.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    Well he said they would stop the MMJ raids where they were obeying state law. There was one right after, but they claimed they weren't obeying state law, so they could have been selling to non-patients, or maybe they just weren't complying with state law, i dunno. Either way, I agree the Feds shouldn't have jurisdiction in that case, but I dunno if it goes against what he said.

I don't think there have been any raids since on medical dispensaries. There was one in Detroit a few days ago, but I don't think it's legal there.
    can you help me find the article that quotes either him or his administration saying that?
    I know he said it, but i haven't been able to find it.

Obama, the Hypocrite

anyone else have any other articles to add?

I'd like to start compiling obama lies with before and after quotes.
    I started a thread earlier about Obama's flip-flopping on marijuana, and you can read it here.
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
    I started a thread earlier about Obama's flip-flopping on marijuana, and you can read it here.
    Awesome!
    We need to compile all of his flip-flops so we can use them to convert over his soon-to-be former supporters.

sorry, torchbearer. I didn't catch that question from you.

Thanks for those compiling these above. I agree it is good to capture it all in one place.
    "I'm not just trying to win or get elected. I am trying to change the course of history" - Ron Paul

we shall not forget.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    bump because not everyone knows this info yet,

Well his inconsistent views don't suprise me a bit.

"When men yield up the privilege of thinking, the last shadow of liberty quits the horizon."
    -Thomas Paine

"Every man gotta right to decide his own destiny"
    -Bob Marley

"In matters of style swim with the current; In matters of principle, stand like a rock."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Peace, love, and happiness.