Thread: Pittsburgh Tea Party Part I

Pittsburgh Tea Party Part I

Pittsburgh Tea Party Part I

Pittsburgh had its first of two Tea Parties on April 11, 2009. It was a wonderfully nice day. The sun was shining, the sky was clear, there was a tinge of cold wind coming off the river, but that was not enough to stop the group of citizens annoyed with the excessive spending by the government. The Tea Party was billed as an effort to gather concerned Americans, regardless of party affiliation, together to voice our disapproval. There were a few anti-Obama signs, but not enough to outnumber all of the 'fire them all' type signs.

The event began in front of the Renaissance hotel where a group of bikers belonging to the War Dogs motorcycle club led a precession of approximately 3000 people across the Roberto Clemente Bridge to Allegheny Landing. Prior to Alan Keyes, the keynote speaker, delivering his speech, the mic was open for anyone to speak. Two people were able to speak before Keyes was scheduled to speak. Each person did a fantastic job. Keyes himself delivered a pretty energetic speech. My favorite part was when he made it known that we the people have allowed Bush, Obama, and Congress to get away with murder, and that it is our duty to hold them accountable. My most disliked part of his speech was when he proliferated the myths of Abraham Lincoln. I hope that the energy from the April 11th Tea Party will translate to citizens becoming active in politics. Here are some photos that I took of the protest.

News Coverage:

P.S. We passed out a bunch of "Audit the Fed" C4L slim jims. People were more than happy to take them. I told some people that H.R. 833 got rid of the Fed entirely, and they got excited about that. I was quite shocked considering we would've been laughed not too long ago.
    My Awesome Blog | Digg My Articles | Emergency Preparedness Discussion Forum

"You're working for the most honest man in Congress." - John McCain to Kent Snyder, 1988 [verified by personally asking Kent Snyder]

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    wow i wish i had known this was happeneng
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa
    Liberty works best not because liberty is without responsibility, but because responsibility is part of the deal. Capitalism works best not because capitalists love us and want us to be happy, but because the more government you have, the more government they can buy, and if they have no government to buy then all they can do instead is compete--compete to serve us better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd
    I heart BTC! - 1AesnP1c7wyjzJhaKZajkixo9tthZRQzjB

Ron Paul 2012
    12evolution.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

$#@!in eh!
    I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying.
    Woody Allen

anyone know details on wednesdays i cant find any info on it and the cfl says there are no events in my area

i guess ths is a side effect of them not letting people who cant afford dues to post $#@!
    Liberty works best not because liberty is without responsibility, but because responsibility is part of the deal. Capitalism works best not because capitalists love us and want us to be happy, but because the more government you have, the more government they can buy, and if they have no government to buy then all they can do instead is compete--compete to serve us better.
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd

Quote Originally Posted by evilfunnystuff View Post
    anyone know details on wednesdays i cant find any info on it and the cfl says there are no events in my area

i guess ths is a side effect of them not letting people who cant afford dues to post $#@!
    All the PA Tax Day Tea Party info you could ever want can be found right here: http://taxdayteaparty.com/teaparty/pennsylvania/
    My Awesome Blog | Digg My Articles | Emergency Preparedness Discussion Forum

"You're working for the most honest man in Congress." - John McCain to Kent Snyder, 1988 [verified by personally asking Kent Snyder]

thank you very much i actually just found that this morning
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd