Thread: Happy Good Friday - Christian Passover Poem

Happy Good Friday - Christian Passover Poem

Happy Good Friday. The following is a Christian Passover poem I wrote - which explains what Passover is from a Christian perspective. (posted mainly because of something I saw in another thread reminded me. Passover isn't just a Jewish day.

Note: The purpose of this thread is to celebrate Good Friday.

Passover!

Jesus didn't die for dyed eggs and bunnies
    And Santa doesn't come but once a year
    Alcohol, drugs and sex isn't a party
    And TV makes you dumb

There are no Christmas trees in the bible
    And pagans worshiped trees
    The heart of man is only evil continual [1]
    Since Eve and Adam ate the fruit [2]

Angels aren't chubby cheeked babies with wings,
    And devils don't have horns
    And unsaved man doesn't come into the light
    Or else his sins are exposed [3]

Easter isn't in the Hebrew,
    and the last weekday is named from Saturn,
    Mass doesn't mean the birth of Christ,
    And God isn't worshiped on lips [4]

Repeating prayers won't save you *,
    And indulgences are a whitewash
    You can't work your way to heaven
    And only the blood of the lamb will save you

For one did die to take your sins,
    And make you white as snow, [5]
    And caused the angel of death to pass you by [6]
    When you were only going to die [7]

Oh sinner have you sprinkled your house with blood? [6]
    And washed your garments in the blood of the Lamb [8]?
    For Jesus Christ was crucified on Passover,
    Unblemished, without sin, for you –

Behold, the Lamb of God! [9]

[1] Genesis 6:5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth,
    and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

[2] Genesis 3:1-24

[3] John 3: 20Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the
    light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.

[4] Matthew 15:8 This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and
    honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. 9 But in vain they do
    worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. John 4:24 … they
    that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

[5] Isaiah 1: 18-20 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD:
    though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red
    like crimson, they shall be as wool. 19 If ye be willing and obedient, ye shall eat
    the good of the land: 20 But if ye refuse and rebel, ye shall be devoured with the
    sword: for the mouth of the LORD hath spoken it.

[6] Exodus 12:21Then Moses called for all the elders of Israel, and said unto
    them, Draw out and take you a lamb according to your families, and kill the
    passover. 22And ye shall take a bunch of hyssop, and dip it in the blood that is in
    the bason, and strike the lintel and the two side posts with the blood that is in the
    bason; and none of you shall go out at the door of his house until the morning.
    23For the LORD will pass through to smite the Egyptians; and when he seeth the
    blood upon the lintel, and on the two side posts, the LORD will pass over the
    door, and will not suffer the destroyer to come in unto your houses to smite you.
    24And ye shall observe this thing for an ordinance to thee and to thy sons for
    ever. 25And it shall come to pass, when ye be come to the land which the LORD
    will give you, according as he hath promised, that ye shall keep this service.
    26And it shall come to pass, when your children shall say unto you, What mean
    ye by this service? 27That ye shall say, It is the sacrifice of the LORD's passover
    who passed over the houses of the children of Israel in Egypt, when he smote the
    Egyptians, and delivered our houses. And the people bowed the head and
    worshipped.

[7] Romans 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
    Roman 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life
    through Jesus Christ our Lord.

[8] Rev 12:11 And they overcame him by the blood of the Lamb, and by the
    word of their testimony; and they loved not their lives unto the death.|
    Rev 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are
    they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made
    them white in the blood of the Lamb.

[9] John 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold
    the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world!

---
    * Matthew 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do:
    for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking.
    Last edited by BeFranklin; 04-10-2009 at 04:14 PM.
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
    John Adams

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You want us to literally sprinkle our houses with blood?

Quote Originally Posted by TurtleBurger View Post
    You want us to literally sprinkle our houses with blood?
    If you aren't washed in the blood of the Lamb, you have no part in him

FYI: Enjoy
    http://www.lyricsdownload.com/gaithe...se-lyrics.html
    Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.
    John Adams

Happy great Friday!

Quote Originally Posted by BeFranklin View Post
    If you aren't washed in the blood of the Lamb, you have no part in him
    OK I'm just checking. I don't want to participate in any Easter celebration that involves lowering the resale value of my house.

OK I'm just checking. I don't want to participate in any Easter celebration that involves lowering the resale value of my house.
    There is a mansion in heaven where thieves don't break in and steal
    Last edited by BeFranklin; 04-10-2009 at 04:59 PM.
    John Adams

Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    Happy great Friday!
    Happy Good Friday Josh
    John Adams

There is a mansion in heaven where the federal reserve does not touch, and thieves don't break in and steal
    Yup, and if I start sprinkling blood all over my house, my wife will make sure I get to that mansion really quickly.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This poem has a very puritanical flavor, with the negative reference to drugs, alcohol, TV, etc. Also the aversion to physical symbolism shows puritanism or even Manichaeism (the spiritual is always good, the physical is always bad). Puritanism isn't necessarily a superior form of Christianity. God is the creator of both the physical and the spiritual, and rejecting one for the other is generally considered heretical.

The Author’s Apology for His Poem

This poem has a very puritanical flavor, with the negative reference to drugs, alcohol, TV, etc. Also the aversion to physical symbolism shows puritanism or even Manichaeism (the spiritual is always good, the physical is always bad). Puritanism isn't necessarily a superior form of Christianity. God is the creator of both the physical and the spiritual, and rejecting one for the other is generally considered heretical.
    http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/bunyan/pp21.htm
    Pilgrim's Progress

WHEN at the first I took my Pen in hand
    Thus for to write; I did not understand
    That I at all should make a little Poem
    In such a mode; Nay, I had undertook
    To make another, which when almost done,
    It seems a novelty, and yet contains
    Nothing but sound and honest Gospel strains.
    Would’st thou divert thyself from Melancholy?
    Would’st thou be pleasant, yet be far from folly?
    Would’st thou read Riddles, and their Explanation?
    Or else be drowned in thy Contemplation?
    Do thou the substance of my matter see.
    Put by the curtains, look within my veil,
    Turn up my metaphors, and do not fail,
    There, if thou seekest them, such things to find,
    As will be helpful to an honest mind.
    What of my dross thou findest there, be bold
    To throw away, but yet preserve the gold;
    What if my gold be wrapped up in ore? --
    None throws away the apple for the core.
    But if thou shalt cast all away as vain,
    I know not but it will make me dream again.
    John Adams

http://www.sacred-texts.com/chr/bunyan/pp21.htm
    Pilgrim's Progress

WHEN at the first I took my Pen in hand
    Thus for to write; I did not understand
    That I at all should make a little Poem
    In such a mode; Nay, I had undertook
    To make another, which when almost done,
    It seems a novelty, and yet contains
    Nothing but sound and honest Gospel strains.
    Would’st thou divert thyself from Melancholy?
    Would’st thou be pleasant, yet be far from folly?
    Would’st thou read Riddles, and their Explanation?
    Or else be drowned in thy Contemplation?
    Do thou the substance of my matter see.
    Put by the curtains, look within my veil,
    Turn up my metaphors, and do not fail,
    There, if thou seekest them, such things to find,
    As will be helpful to an honest mind.
    What of my dross thou findest there, be bold
    To throw away, but yet preserve the gold;
    What if my gold be wrapped up in ore? --
    None throws away the apple for the core.
    But if thou shalt cast all away as vain,
    I know not but it will make me dream again.
    Nice.

Pretty much everything that gets posted on RPF gets thoroughly dross-tested, so don't feel picked on!

Nice.

Pretty much everything that gets posted on RPF gets thoroughly dross-tested, so don't feel picked on!
    John Bunyan was a great writer
    John Adams

A time of great sorrow for the consequences of our sin and a time of great joy for the atonement of our sin. The longer I live through the calamity of the limited free will (agency if you prefer), the more thankful I am for Jesus' help and wisdom to place limits on our ability to self-destruct. Peering into the spiritual realms is unsettling, experiencing the spiritual realms can be deadly. I'm fully prepared to leave the spiritual conquest to Jesus who has overcome any adversary in His time of judgment. Biblical judgment is judgment of the limited free will, God's highest gift to humanity and ALL creation. The world is a shambles because God doesn't change like the fleeting shadows of our reality. His command of the gift of the free will continues, but He provided a door of escape and help amidst the calamity of its expression.

Thanks BeFranklin. Enjoyed it.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

I already forgetted what I gived up for lent.

Remembering the Passion

Praise be unto the Lamb Who was slain for our sins and transgressions! These Scriptures remind us of what our Savior did for us, suffering because He loves us:
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks be to GOD....HE is risen! and thanks to benfranklin too for the great poem! tones

A good reminder, Thank You.

It might be good for those that don't understand it or who wish to understand , to look into the original Passover.
    What it was , what it meant, and How Christ was the fulfillment and finality of it.

Just saying,
    We research everything here.
    From Wiki For reference
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passover
    In the story of the Exodus, the Bible tells that God inflicted ten plagues upon the Egyptians before Pharaoh would release his Israelite slaves, with the tenth plague being the killing of firstborn sons. The Hebrews were instructed to mark the doorposts of their homes with the blood of a spring lamb and, upon seeing this, the spirit of the Lord passed over these homes, hence the term "passover".
    It is freedom from slavery.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

One bump for Easter Day

Matthew 28:
    5 And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified. 6 He is not here: for he is risen, as he said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay. 7 And go quickly, and tell his disciples that he is risen from the dead; and, behold, he goeth before you into Galilee; there shall ye see him: lo, I have told you.
    John Adams

FYI: I went to church today and had a nice dinner with some fellow believers.
    John Adams