Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ***Must Read Fiction***

Hey guys

Working heaps... picked up Brad Thor's "Hidden Order" in an airport for light fiction. Turned out to pretty much be an "End The Fed" book; references Creature From Jekyll Island and more...

Hope you all are well, and fiction readers enjoy the book.

Onward!
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I picked up a copy of "people of the mist" by H. Rider Haggard on a whim recently. I must say, he is a durn good writer. I may have to pick up some of his more famous novels and immerse myself in late 1800's adventurer literature for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I picked up a copy of "people of the mist" by H. Rider Haggard on a whim recently. I must say, he is a durn good writer. I may have to pick up some of his more famous novels and immerse myself in late 1800's adventurer literature for a bit.
    I finished off 2 more of his novels. "She" which is one of his most well read/sold/respected novels based on a mysterious woman that has lived for over 2 millennia and "King Solomon's Mines" which was his first allan quartermain novel.

I didn't really care for "she"; it was an interesting concept, the historical sections were informative and the sections in regards to the Hebrews was dated -- which was interesting in itself as when the book was written there was no modern day Israel. But the book carried on too much with the woman and it just didn't really grab me.

King Solomon's mines was a pretty fun, quick read. It is definitely better than the movie which changed some core sections.

so far the first one I read "people of the mist" was my favorite. I'm going to pick up one more novel of his Allan and the Ice-gods which sounds different enough to be worth going back to the well one more time. Overall, I'd recommend his books if you grew up on Indiana Jones and the like.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123