Thread: List of what Obama has done

List of what Obama has done

I am a sort of Libertarian commentator to all my facebook friends. I constantly try to enlighten people via facebook, which usually ends with them becoming Libertarians or hating me (I have no liberal friends anymore )

Anyways, I am looking for a list of things that Obama has done, either economically or otherwise, which is "bad" from a Libertarian standpoint. I understand that a list like that would be pages and pages long at this point, but Im just looking for something to get my mind going.

Thanks!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It may be easier to compile a list of what he`s done good from a libertarian standpoint....which is nothing,
    The original American patriots were those individuals brave enough to resist with force the oppressive power of King George. I accept the definition of patriotism as that effort to resist oppressive state power. The true patriot is motivated by a sense of responsibility, and out of self interest -- for himself, his family, and the future of his country -- to resist government abuse of power. He rejects the notion that patriotism means obedience to the state.

Congressman Ron Paul 5/22/07

Quote Originally Posted by NMCB3 View Post
    It may be easier to compile a list of what he`s done good from a libertarian standpoint....which is nothing,
    He is opening things up with Cuba and Iran....thats it though

Spent a $#@!load of money we don't have.

Quote Originally Posted by Master View Post
    Spent a $#@!load of money we don't have.
    14x the money supply :'(

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Well, he's going to double the national debt in 5 years. Who would have thunk it?

Deployed American aircraft over the skies of Pakistan for bombing missions

sent thousands of troops into Afghanistan

violated his promise that all bills would be open for the public to view for five days before any action was taken on them

has flip-flopped on promises for ending the debacle in Iraq

has increased Government spying capablities

I think the bailout nonsense speaks for itself.

And this idiot has not even hit the 6th month mark. God only knows what else he has in store for us.
    "Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people
    designed to make of their victory,
    there would have been no surrender at
    Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me.
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation,
    I would have preferred to die at Appomattox
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand." - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

upheld the Bush DOJ state secrets doctrine in federal court (twice) with regard to warrantless wire tapping via AT&T

continues extraordinary renditions

murders pakistanis and bombs to a sovereign nation

bows to a muslim (muslims only bow to God/Allah, demonstrating his stupidity)

signed the ledbetter 'equal pay for equal work' law

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    good stuff so far
    MyLibertyStuff.com - Funny political shirts for conservatives, libertarians, tea party members and more

MyLibertyStuff.com Facebook

"None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free." – Goethe

"The natural progress of things is for liberty to yield and government to gain ground." – Thomas Jefferson

raided medical marijuana dispenseries (sp?) in CA
    promised 5-day comment period on bills and didn't follow it (bailout package)
    reneged on promise to pull troops out of Iraq in 16 mos
    reneged on promise to keep lobbyists out of white house

and, of course, warrantless wiretaps

here's a site that supposedly tracks Obama's promises http://politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/?page=3

of course, they don't call "troops out of Iraq" a promise broken, but it is worth a look

You sound like me lol. add me on facebook if u want spencerbrown@csupomona.edu i could use another libertarian on there, right now the count is 3 i think...

Look for that Keith Olbermann video where Olbermann is hating on Obama for doing Bush's wiretapping dirty-work, and more intrusively. I posted it on my facebook wall. The one friend of mine who's a total commie is coming around to disliking Obama I think, even though there's no way in hell I'll ever convince him that libertarianism as a whole is good. But hating Barack Obama is a good baby step.

Code:
    http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/promises/
    That site might be kinda of progressive im not sure. I just say it is because they divided up broken promises with the word compromise.

and some of the promises being fulfilled like doubling foreign aid are not necessarily good promises to begin with, but deciding what is good and bad is up to you.

Oh yeah a huge tax increase on people making less than 250k. (cig taxes) doubled to pay for health care. Not really a fair tax when the tax is over 125 percent on that one thing. The poor and working class who smoke will suffer the most with that tax. Also its what they consider a "healthy tax". a slippery slope if you ask me. Next will be alcohol, soda and sugary items.
    Last edited by Drknows; 04-09-2009 at 11:26 PM.

Look up the Bush Doctrine I'm sure you could find some bullet points on Obama's List of Accomplishments!
    But a Constitution of Government once changed from Freedom, can never be restored. Liberty, once lost, is lost forever.
    ---John Adam

If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks, and the corporations which grow up around them, will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.
    ---Thomas Jefferson

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.