Thread: Saxby Chambliss on HR-1207 and S.604

Saxby Chambliss on HR-1207 and S.604

S.604 is the Senate version of the bill, H.R. 1207. Chambliss:

Thank you for contacting me regarding H.R. 1207, the "Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2009." It is good to hear from you.

H.R. 1207 was introduced on February 26, 2009, and referred to the House Committee on Financial Services. This bill would require an audit to be performed on the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System and several Federal Reserve Banks before the end of 2010.

I understand your concern regarding this legislation. As the Administration and Congress evaluate these issues, our nation must achieve much-needed reform to our budget process, put an end to wasteful spending, and implement the fiscal responsibility that you and other taxpayers demand and deserve. Should this bill be brought before the full Senate for debate, I will keep your views in mind.

If you would like to receive timely email alerts regarding the latest congressional actions and my weekly e-newsletter, please sign up via my web site at: www.chambliss.senate.gov . Please let me know whenever I may be of assistance.
    Yeah, thanks....

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Automated response
    I ignore the fact that RP's take back the GOP strategy is working. I ignore the fact that RP accomplished more from his 2008 GOP run than he ever has before. I ignore the fact that 3rd party candidates lose and are a joke to voters. I ignore all this b/c I have an arousing fantasy where RP runs 3rd party in 2012, magically polls at 15%, magically is allowed in the debates, and then magically wins the election. Trust me, it'll work this time.
    - The naive attitude of too many RPF members

Because of you, his office has had to automate a response. That required attention and research.

Man, I hate Chambliss. The guy is a weasel. I would have preferred that Martin guy to win just so his ass would be thrown out.

At least my rep, Tom Price, supports 1207.

i dont know much about martin, but i voted for him just to try and get saxby OUT. i hate this liar.

Heh, Saxby had these huge campaign signs laregely scattered around the state, and a few of the signs kept getting vandalized and replaced. Here is one I found on Facebook:

It should be noted that six of Georgia's seven Republican congressmen except for Linder (who I'm I'm still working on and has said he'd vote in favor of) have cosponsored H.R. 1207.

The hell does "I'll keep your thoughts in mind" mean?

Senator Feinstein got 85,000 calls from people against the bailout, but she still voted for it.
    "That's one thing about freedom; you have to tolerate the nonsense too." - Ron Paul

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The link to S604 isn't working.

Has anyone in the senate actually said they are supporting this?