Thread: Mexico Drug War and US

Mexico Drug War and US

I am sure many of ya'll heard Hillary Clinton's comments about us needing to have a new policy down south. Of course, her alternative is funnel more money and shut down guns here. On the plus side, she concedes we helped cause the problem.

Anyway, I am trying to write a 3 minute speech about why funnelling money to mexico is bad. I am looking for good qualified sources to illustrate why this is bad. I keep only finding blogs and things that go too far off on legalize drugs alone. So, if anybody knows any good authoritative sources off-hand if they could drop them that would be nice.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    End wellfare handouts, end war on drugs, problem solved. Sorry but it really is that simple.

On the plus side, she concedes we helped cause the problem.
    The government caused the problem with their phony war on drugs. Legalize drugs and the violence would largely evaporate overnight.
    The original American patriots were those individuals brave enough to resist with force the oppressive power of King George. I accept the definition of patriotism as that effort to resist oppressive state power. The true patriot is motivated by a sense of responsibility, and out of self interest -- for himself, his family, and the future of his country -- to resist government abuse of power. He rejects the notion that patriotism means obedience to the state.

Congressman Ron Paul 5/22/07

I ended up doing a speech against re-opening Guantanamo Bay.

My speech would have been fairly decent though, just wasn't ready quite when they needed me to go.

I did get to see the depth of people's contradictions and ignorance though.

Quote Originally Posted by NMCB3 View Post
    The government caused the problem with their phony war on drugs. Legalize drugs and the violence would largely evaporate overnight.
    Not completely. There would be a temporary increase in unemployment for all the folks who have jobs from the phoney baloney war on drugs. Oh, and drug dealers would have to go on welfare too!

I hate to say it but that is probably the simplest answer their is so +1776 NMCB3!
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.