Thread: "Buy canned goods and ammunition!"

"Buy canned goods and ammunition!"

Anyone else catch Art Cashins comments this morning?
    First he looks so stressed, it looks like he has a shotgun is up his ass and
    a schizophrenic monkey on crack, has its finger on the trigger!
    Then, at the end he says he's buying 'canned goods and ammunition.'

This stunned me cause he's usually the biggest chearleader of this failed experiment....

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1084484176&play=1

p.s. the comment is at the very end, but if you enjoy seeing someone stressed out....
    Gold is the money of kings, silver the money of gentlemen, barter the money of peasants and debt the money of slaves.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    yes, the ubs guy looks/appears "very worried"

thanks for posting

Quote Originally Posted by ArchPaul View Post
    Anyone else catch Art Cashins comments this morning?
    First he looks so stressed, it looks like he has a shotgun is up his ass and
    a schizophrenic monkey on crack, has its finger on the trigger!
    Then, at the end he says he's buying 'canned goods and ammunition.'

This stunned me cause he's usually the biggest chearleader of this failed experiment....

http://www.cnbc.com/id/15840232?video=1084484176&play=1

p.s. the comment is at the very end, but if you enjoy seeing someone stressed out....
    Um he was being sarcastic. I didn't see the look of stress and panic that you did either.

He was being sarcastic, I didn't see the stress and he half-chuckled after that. Art thinks the market is going to be choppy for a while, and he's probably right unless we get some real hideous earnings reports.

(Alcoa's today wasn't apocalyptic, and it was up after hours for not being "horrible")
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

I caught this in the middle of swapping channels... Cashin looked spoke worried/irritated. It almost seemed like he knew something was going down and he was readying for a big plunge.

I presume the PPT smoothed-out the markets by the close?

Yah know, Rahm has to watch over the money machines while the ORACLE of OPTIMISM is grandstanding propaganda overseas.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    He was being sarcastic, I didn't see the stress and he half-chuckled after that. Art thinks the market is going to be choppy for a while, and he's probably right unless we get some real hideous earnings reports.

(Alcoa's today wasn't apocalyptic, and it was up after hours for not being "horrible")
    Earnings are in the toilet, I think the worst they`ve ever been.
    The original American patriots were those individuals brave enough to resist with force the oppressive power of King George. I accept the definition of patriotism as that effort to resist oppressive state power. The true patriot is motivated by a sense of responsibility, and out of self interest -- for himself, his family, and the future of his country -- to resist government abuse of power. He rejects the notion that patriotism means obedience to the state.

Congressman Ron Paul 5/22/07

He must of caught wind of the bank tests failing!
    Gold is the money of kings, silver the money of gentlemen, barter the money of peasants and debt the money of slaves.