View Poll Results: Would you have shot down the North Korean Missile?

Voters
107. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 12.15%
  • No

86 80.37%
  • Other

8 7.48%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you have shot down the North Korean Missile?

Would you have shot down the North Korean Missile?

If you were the president, would you have shot down the North Korean missile?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

No
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

The only reason we didn't is because we were afraid our missle defense system might fail and it would be an embarassment to our nation.

However if i were the president of japan, and had the tech, i would have definately shot it down.

If i had the technology to shoot down a missle in an unplanned real-world enviroment, and the missle was traveling over my home country, then why not?

If the missile was heading towards the US, then yes. If not, no.

Quote Originally Posted by werdd View Post
    However if i were the president of japan, and had the tech, i would have definately shot it down.

If i had the technology to shoot down a missle in an unplanned real-world enviroment, and the missle was traveling over my home country, then why not?
    However you would also shoot down a similar US missle if you were the president of Mexico and that makes all the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by werdd View Post
    The only reason we didn't is because we were afraid our missle defense system might fail and it would be an embarassment to our nation.

Were our Saturn launches during the space race "missiles" or "rockets"?

What is the criteria for differentiating the two?
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No. It's confirmed that they didn't get their satellite into space. Their technology sucks, let it fail on its own, as long as they try to keep their launches over large bodies of water.

Nope. If it wasn't heading toward the US, it is none of my damned business.
    Maxed out to ALL of Ron Paul's campaigns.

Listen to Liberty Tree Radio! ::

Pro-Liberty, Pro-Gun, Pro-Militia Radio 5 days a week, 10 LIVE HRS TALK RADIO PER DAY!

http://www.libertytreeradio.4mg.com

http://www.themicroeffect.com (8A - 11A EST daily)

http://www.live365.com/stations/edtheak47 (3 PM- 9 PM EST daily)

Organize, Arm, Equip, and Train as a Militia !

no.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

DPRK has consistently been violating the rights of Westerners, including USA citizens. It's definitely time to make the North Korean government pay. Launching a missile is not the reason to attack them, however.

if it was coming for my house i would try shooting it but i doubt my dart gun would be succesful

If it was threatening the United States or another country in the Western Hemisphere, yes.

I would intervene if a Eastern hemisphere country was invading a Western hemisphere country under any circumstances because of the fact that the United States is much stronger than any country in the Western hemisphere, and therefore a country might easily knock off every other country in our hemisphere until we are defenseless.
    http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by GK Chesterton
    It is often supposed that when people stop believing in God, they believe in nothing. Alas, it is worse than that. When they stop believing in God, they believe in anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rt. Hon. Edmund Burke
    Nothing is so fatal to religion as indifference.

imo, either say you are going to shoot it down and actually do it, or don't say you're going to shoot it down in the first place.

The threats from the U.S. and Japan to do so that weren't followed up on didn't help any.
    "I'm not just trying to win or get elected. I am trying to change the course of history" - Ron Paul

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nope, I would make it disappear.

Im not afraid of North Korea launching anything at us. Im afraid we are going to launch a missle at North Korea, then they launch one at us. One of those Pre-Emptive Attacks on Terrorism or whatever $#@! they want to call it.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Either way, it looks like they got away with a freebie from somebody. High stakes poker for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by JK/SEA View Post
    Either way, it looks like they got away with a freebie from somebody. High stakes poker for sure.
    I really don't see the big deal.
    How many ICBMs do we have?
    How many rockets do we launch a year?
    China? Russia? India? Pakistan? Israel?

Any country that did anything to our territory.. in a real and serious manner, would be eliminated within several hours.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

They should be able to launch anything they want to launch. We send stuff up into space on regular intervals. Why should they not be able to do as we do?

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    They should be able to launch anything they want to launch. We send stuff up into space on regular intervals. Why should they not be able to do as we do?
    We have the most nukes and the most missles.

What if someone took a preemptive strike against us?
    "I'm not just trying to win or get elected. I am trying to change the course of history" - Ron Paul

I have not read the whole thread, but if NK wants to send a rocket into space, they are free to do so. The US has no monopoly on space or rockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    We have the most nukes and the most missles.

What if someone took a preemptive strike against us?
    see post 20.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    if it was not pointed at us, then it is none of our business
    I contend that for a nation to try to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to lift himself up by the handle.
    -Churchill

Wake up in the morning with No Agenda
    http://www.noagendashow.com

I just voted on the pole and I am happy that most of the people here would not have shot down the NK missile. Last I checked, as much as dislike their government, they are a sovereign nation. They have as much right to launch a missile as the US does.

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    see post 20.
    If you mean that we would annihilate any country that attacked us with a missle, I agree. I was referring to the hypocrisy of our preemptive strikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitt Romneys sideburns View Post
    If the missile was heading towards the US, then yes. If not, no.
    Agreed.

It Depends on the Guidance Components Utilized Within the Mainframe of the System

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulhawaii View Post
    Were our Saturn launches during the space race "missiles" or "rockets"?

What is the criteria for differentiating the two?
    In other words, missiles have brains, and rockets do not.
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast