Thread: Pittsburgh Shooting "Motive"

Pittsburgh Shooting "Motive"

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09094/960660-100.stm

Mr. Perkovic and other former classmates said they were surprised by this morning's events. Mr. Perkovic said Mr. Poplawski was opposed to "Zionist propaganda" and was fearful that his right to own weapons would be taken away but he wasn't a member of an organized group or militia.

"He always said that if someone tried to take his weapons away he would do what his forefathers told him to do and defend himself."

Another friend, Aaron Vire, 23, said he'd helped Mr. Poplawski and Mr. Perkovic with a radio show they'd broadcast on the Internet, discussing "politics, girls and life."

Mr. Poplawski had supported Republican candidate John McCain in the presidential election and had "very spirited debates" about Democratic candidate Barack Obama, Mr. Vire said. Mr. Poplawski was opposed to Mr. Obama's election, which he thought would result in the loss of his rights, Mr. Vire said.

"He wasn't a racist but thought some of his amendments were overlooked," Mr. Vire said. Even though Mr. Vire is black and Mr. Poplawski is white, the debates over President Obama did not hurt their friendship, he said.

Mr. Poplawski told him he bought his guns "because he felt the quality of life was being diminished," Mr. Vire said.

"He said he'll be ready if there's ever an invasion of the United States and that he had stockpiled foods and guns for that eventuality."
    Emphasis added.

Thoughts?
    For good times, IM me.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The constitution made him do it.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

This story reeks of bull$#@! to me, he was "opposed to Zionist propaganda" but voted for John McCain?
    For good times, IM me.

This is what they were hoping for......
    It will be used to Target opposition.

My question is: How many of these events have occurred in the past, but the news media didn't emphasis it so much?

At all the TV News shows, someone is in charge to decide what stories get aired and what stories don't get aired. If a story isn't run, then to the American People its out of site, and out of mind.

But if some subject is shown more and more, without really happening more and more, it causes a false impression that things are out of control, which could lead to more regulations.

Just be wary of this.

FF

Quote Originally Posted by nate k View Post
    this story reeks of bull$#@! to me, he was "opposed to zionist propaganda" but voted for john mccain?
    tones.

What the article doesn't say is.. this guy wasn't threatening anyone.
    Why the $#@! were the cops assaulting his home? Was he holding hostages?
    Why did these people die? Defending the government?
    Defending his neighbors? (who didn't see him as a threat)
    Or more bull$#@! crap from the thugs in uniform?
    Last edited by torchbearer; 04-04-2009 at 03:16 PM.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Based only on your quote and your emphasis I would say he and I would have made good neighbors.

I guess we'll find out, because he survived and there will be a trial.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

The case is riddled with inconsistencies, every source is reporting something different..

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090404/...burgh_shooting

This one paints him as a violent, anti-government, trouble maker.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09094/960662-100.stm

This one gives him a more positive slant, as well as a different story as to why he was discharged from the Marines.
    For good times, IM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate K View Post
    The case is riddled with inconsistencies, every source is reporting something different..

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090404/...burgh_shooting

This one paints him as a violent, anti-government, trouble maker.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09094/960662-100.stm

This one gives him a more positive slant, as well as a different story as to why he was discharged from the Marines.

This is from the Yahoo article....
    Don Sand, who lives across the street from Poplawski, said he was woken up by the sound of gunfire.

Poplawski had often fought with neighbors and had even gotten into fist fights with a couple, Sand said.

"This is a relatively really quiet neighborhood except for him," Sand said. "He was just one of those kids that we knew to stay clear from."

Harper confirmed police had responded to calls from the Poplawski house several times but said the incidents were still being investigated.
    Sounds like this guy has had lots of run-ins with the cops.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    This is from the Yahoo article....

Sounds like this guy has had lots of run-ins with the cops.

Or his neighbor had a grudge.....
    Last edited by phill4paul; 04-04-2009 at 03:49 PM.

This story reeks of bull$#@! to me, he was "opposed to Zionist propaganda" but voted for John McCain?

LOL funny as hell.....no $#@!.
    "Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God."--Thomas Jefferson

Great, this will only fuel the fire for those who want guns banned.

-2 steps back for the 2nd amendment on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    What the article doesn't say is.. this guy wasn't threatening anyone.
    Why the $#@! were the cops assaulting his home? Was he holding hostages?
    Why did these people die? Defending the government?
    Defending his neighbors? (who didn't see him as a threat)
    Or more bull$#@! crap from the thugs in uniform?
    Read some of the arrogance from the 'Ask a Cop' forum. http://forums.officer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37

The Federal Government and the States through federal funding have been militarizing the police since Nixon created the DEA.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I read this article and came here, honestly, because he sounded like the average poster here. If he is on the internet, supports the second amendment, and is politically active its a good chance he has at least visited here once.

We need to be careful as hell, because when the collapse does happen they will blame it on people who were prepared.
    "Gentlemen, I have had men watching you for a long time and I am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country. When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I intend to rout you out, and by the grace of the Eternal God, will rout you out."- Andrew Jackson (The Guy on the 20)

www.micahnelson.com

I don't know guys, but all of this just stinks... Two days in a row we have totally off the wall crap... I don't put anything past our " hitler type want to be government". I don't know what the hell type brain washing or drugs they are putting these peeps on, but this is too coincidental all these mass murders are taking place when Obama Rama the Lama from Kenya wants to take everyone's guns away. Reminds me a lot of the poor dude who worked for the Federal Government, who was the one suspect for the anthrax envelops mailed to our Congress.... the guy who ended up "suiciding" himself just days before his trial... or the strange plane crash that claimed the life of Beverly Eckert, a 9/11 truther who met with our foreign President, just days before her plane went down. The tip off on this, is that within 30 minutes the news media told us exactly what happened to her plane.... when 99.99 % other plane crashs, it takes months before we know what happened, even if the cause is obvious.

Pittsburgh had a previous and prior shooting case in 2009 that was not as violent or clear cut as the one hours earlier today.

Mr. Perkovic and other former classmates said they were surprised by this morning's events. Mr. Perkovic said Mr. Poplawski was opposed to "Zionist propaganda" and was fearful that his right to own weapons would be taken away but he wasn't a member of an organized group or militia.
    http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09094/960660-100.stm

Emphasis added.

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    I guess we'll find out, because he survived and there will be a trial.
    Unsual coincidences , assuming all these are factual news:

Pittsburgh synagogue shooting thread

10-27-2018

Suspect in Pittsburgh synagogue shooting pleads not guilty
    Robert Bowers is accused of shouting anti-semitic epithets during the Pittsburgh synagogue shooting. Neighbors describe the 46-year-old as "unremarkably normal."