Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who is the worst President we have ever had?

Who is the worst President we have ever had?

I could do a poll on this but decided not to because you might not agree with all my choices that I list and because you can give your reason on why this President is the worst.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

6 weeks ago I would have to said Cheney, I mean Bush. Now, hands down it is the unpresident "O".

Wilson - Fed and Income Tax. Nobody after him could have done what they did without those two things.

The only other I could consider is Lincoln - for setting the precedent that the constitution was "interpretable."

Each president is better than the next.
    Unless he overturns the cumulative abuses of executive power, each new president is at least as bad as all the previous ones just by taking (or faking) the oath of office.
    "This here's Miss Bonnie Parker. I'm Clyde Barrow. We rob banks."

the "W" --- admittedly more people starved
    during the terms of herbert hoover + andrew johnson,
    and yes, we are WAY TOO EARLY to see obama's total picture...

however, the past 8 years more than hint the NEXT 8 years will be ruggedly difficult

Quote Originally Posted by StilesBC View Post
    Wilson - Fed and Income Tax. Nobody after him could have done what they did without those two things.

The only other I could consider is Lincoln - for setting the precedent that the constitution was "interpretable."
    Agreed.

But the Bush - Obama Reign is Catching up.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I think by this time next year most will agree with me that all previous POTUS wore chumps by comparison...

Based on each president's rate of fu*king things up, the award for worst president ever would have to go to obama for messing up so badly so fast..... And its only been 2 months...... 46 more to go......

Chronologicaly

Lincoln, Wilson, FDR, Bush Jr, Obama

Horridness

Lincoln, FDR, Wilson, Obama(So far), Bush Jr

Lincoln > Obama > Bush > FDR

1. Lincoln
    2. Wilson
    3. FDR

FDR...no one compares as of yet. Obama is catching up quickly though.

Not sure why so many people dislike lincoln. Although he did bring about Interpretation of the Constitution, he is also the reason why our country is still together. For that reason alone i dont think he could ever be near the other horrible leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke the Liberty Tree View Post

Not sure why so many people dislike lincoln. Although he did bring about Interpretation of the Constitution, he is also the reason why our country is still together. For that reason alone i dont think he could ever be near the other horrible leaders.
    The United States of America is a Union of sovereign states. Those states can leave the Union because they are sovereign. What Lincoln did was immoral, unlawful, and entirely anti-American.
    http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by GK Chesterton
    It is often supposed that when people stop believing in God, they believe in nothing. Alas, it is worse than that. When they stop believing in God, they believe in anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rt. Hon. Edmund Burke
    Nothing is so fatal to religion as indifference.

Woodrow Willson- Fed Reserve, Income Tax, CFR, and a bunch of other bad stuff. Having said that, ALL presidents were bad, it's just a question of how bad?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke the Liberty Tree View Post

Not sure why so many people dislike Lincoln. Although he did bring about Interpretation of the Constitution, he is also the reason why our country is still together. For that reason alone i don't think he could ever be near the other horrible leaders.
    600,000 Soldiers died
    85,000 Citizens died

People like to think Lincoln did it to free slaves. That was his cover story after it started.

It all started because THE central Government put HIGH tariffs on trade that effected the south and gave the $$$ to the northern industries. There are a few other reasons, but the teriffs STARTED it.

The Battle of Fort Sumter NO ONE died in that Battle. It was used as the trigger for Lin con to start the war.

There is more but chew on ...

pss... He could have bought the slaves and then set them free. Cheaper, No lives lost, and Faster way to free the slaves
    pssss...
    Last edited by bossman068410; 04-04-2009 at 01:44 PM.

Theodore Roosevelt. It used to be Wilson for me, but I despise TR more than any other single person in American history.

Worse Than "W."

The worst President in U.S. history has two "W"s, and that man is none other than Woodrow Wilson. Not only was he a disgrace as a statesman, but he was also a disgrace as a Presbyterian.
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

FDR, Wilson, Lincoln, Obama, Bush jr

Wilson, for sure. Then Bush Jr., then Lincoln.

It's far too early to say Obama. I understand your Obama hates, but it's only been two and a half months. I judge presidents by their second year or so, when you have a pretty good image of what it's been like so far, and what you can expect next.

W. hands down. Give Obama a few more months and it may be close.

Anyone who hasn't answered Abraham Lincoln hasn't spent enough time at LewRockwell.com

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Franklin Delano Roosevelt makes the top of my list.
    His term was the start of the National Debt.

Carter was def worse than Bush Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Objectivist View Post
    Franklin Delano Roosevelt makes the top of my list.
    His term was the start of the National Debt.
    I believe the national debt has existed since the nation's inception. In any case, Lincoln presided over one of the biggest explosions of the national debt.

Quote Originally Posted by Minarchy4Sale View Post
    Carter was def worse than Bush Jr.
    Why?

I agree with Lew Rockwell that Carter was probably the least evil president of the last 100 years.

Wilson!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Murdered incomes and morals with the Revenue Act of 1913, murdered the free market with the Fed, ....not to mention murdered 60,000 American soldiers in WW1. Imprisoned political activists, censored the press, and inspired hatred for Germans in America. Not to mention he was quite the racist. I'm sure he's done much more in his attempt at the super fail.
    Last edited by Young Paleocon; 04-04-2009 at 11:25 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast