Thread: Ron Paul to visit Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC

Arrow Ron Paul to visit Wake Forest University, Winston-Salem, NC

Press release follows, congratulations to Jared, he's done a fine job developing the YAL AND in getting Dr. Paul to visit. If you need more information, pm me

WAKE FOREST YOUNG AMERICANS FOR LIBERTY
    www.YALiberty.org
    Campus Box 7105 1834
    Wake Forest Road
    Winston-Salem, NC 27109
    Press Release

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 9 P.M. EDT, March 31, 2009

STUDENT GROUP TO HOST FORMER PRESIDENTIAL HOPEFUL RON PAUL WINSTON-SALEM, NC, APRIL 20, 2009: At Wait Chapel on the campus of Wake Forest University, the WFU Young Americans for Liberty and WFU College Republicans will host Congressman Ron Paul to address the student body and general public. The doors are set to open at 7:00 PM on April 20th and media is welcome to cover the event. The event is free and open to the public.

Congressman Paul is the House Representative of Texas Congressional District 14. Dr. Paul received his medical degree from Duke University School of Medicine and soon went on to serve in the US Air Force as a flight surgeon. After his service, Dr. Paul turned to politics serving as a Republican Congressman in the late 1970’s and early 1980’s. Dr. Paul left Capitol Hill to return to his medical practice where he delivered over 4000 babies. Dr. Ron Paul then returned to the House of Representatives in 1997, where he has held his seat ever since. He currently resides on the House Banking Committee where he is a strong advocate for the Constitution, sound money, civil liberties and fiscal conservatism. Dr. Paul ran for President in 2008 before dropping out shortly before the Republican National Convention nominated John McCain.

Young Americans for Liberty (YAL) is a newly founded chapter-based organization established as a continuation of Students for Ron Paul. They support constitutional conservatives, libertarians, and classical liberals who desire to advance the causes of their principles on liberty; “winning on principal,” is the mission statement of YAL. The Ron Paul event is only one of many events that the WFU Young Americans for Liberty will be hosting for their first annual WFU Liberty Week, a weeklong collection of events promoting liberty oriented ideals and causes.

Introducing Ron Paul at the event will be William “BJ” Lawson. BJ was a Republican congressional candidate in 2008 for North Carolina’s 4th District who was endorsed by Congressman Paul. Like Dr. Paul, BJ is an advocate for limited-government, free-markets and civil liberties.

The event is a tremendous success for Wake Forest YAL as a student organization, having only secured official University recognition in February of 2009; it is a testament to the notion that younger generations are growing tired of invasive government policies and are now searching out new ways for their voices to be heard.
    Liberty, of course, has her price in blood, if we do not suppport her when she is in trouble.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    bump
    Liberty, of course, has her price in blood, if we do not suppport her when she is in trouble.

bump
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

shameless bump

Lawson! We haven't heard from him for a while.

I just got an email from him, he will introduce RP on the next morning, April 21st, at the fundraiser that I'm still trying to find a location for--I cannot believe how expensive a few danish and coffee are.......

I need to make sure someone is filming at both events, cause, UTube or it didn't happen, right?

Quote Originally Posted by rancher89 View Post
    I just got an email from him, he will introduce RP on the next morning, April 21st, at the fundraiser that I'm still trying to find a location for--I cannot believe how expensive a few danish and coffee are.......
    you can make your own coffee and biscuits cheaper.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

I know, that is on the table, I've done catering for years. Just need a place that doesn't require you use their food.........Food Warehouses are our friend....

I've got the cost down to close to $800, but it would be sweet to pocket more at the end of the day.

BTW, the fundraiser is small, only expecting about 100 people, maybe 150, not sure on the "ticket" price yet, still working feverishly. It is on a Tuesday morning so it will be harder for most people to attend...not like Jared's awesome event the night before!!! WHERE WE WILL HAVE THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE!!!!!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ron Paul @

WAKE FOREST YOUNG AMERICANS FOR LIBERTY
    www.YALiberty.org
    Campus Box 7105 1834
    Wake Forest Road
    Winston-Salem, NC 27109
    Press Release

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 9 P.M. EDT, March 31, 2009

STUDENT GROUP TO HOST FORMER PRESIDENTIAL HOPEFUL RON PAUL WINSTON-SALEM, NC, APRIL 20, 2009
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

txs for the bump (evil grin)

Here's the official, full length speech at the rally Monday night. There is
    no video of the breakfast fundraiser on Tuesday morning, but it went really well.

Jared Fuller, organizer and YAL leader speaks first, then BJ then Dr. Paul.

http://media.mba.wfu.edu/mediasite/V...f-1bfac1ce5e5d