View Poll Results: If you were Ron Paul`s bodyguard would you take a bullet for him?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

26 65.00%
  • No

14 35.00%

Thread: Would you take a bullet for Ron Paul?

Would you take a bullet for Ron Paul?

If you were Ron Paul`s bodyguard would you take a bullet for him?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sailor View Post
    If you're his bodyguard, wouldn't it essentially be your job to?

I would if i was his bodyguard, but i'm not sure how i'd react if the situation actually presented itself... you have to be pretty dam brave to voluntarily get shot for any purpose.
    "One of the great victories of the state, is that the word "Anarchy" terrifies people but, the word "State" does not" - Tom Woods

Quote Originally Posted by ClayTrainor View Post

I would if i was his bodyguard, but i'm not sure how i'd react if the situation actually presented itself... you have to be pretty dam brave to voluntarily get shot for any purpose.
    This.

If I were his bodyguard, yes, it's my job and I'm being paid to protect him.

If I'm just around and I see someone pull a gun and aim at him? I can't say for sure. If I have time to think, as I do now....no, I probably don't jump in front of it. Ron Paul is 72 years old and I'm 21. I have a lot of fighting left in me - although, yeah, I'm not in Congress either. Plus, you have to think of the blowback from someone killing Dr. Paul. I tend to think that it would cause a lot of people to become a lot more active.
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    You're not making the claim that there's no objective best diet, are you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by ClayTrainor View Post
    Well would you take a bullet for Bush if you were his bodyguard? Hell no!!

Like Clay said, if I was his bodyguard, yeah, it's kind of part of the job.

But if I wasn't, well, possibly. What's with the question anyway? It's not about the man, it's about the message; I thought we weren't about the whole "cult of personality" thing here. The message of liberty wouldn't just disappear if something happened to Ron Paul. Although, he his a very nice man, and it'd be a shame to see such an undeserving fate happen to him, so like I said, I'd consider it.

Assuming I live, perhaps Carol could make me some cookies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitt Romneys Sideburns
    Open up your windows. The change is already starting. I just saw a unicorn dancing on a rainbow!

It`s not about cult of personality. It`s how much he can do for freedom.

I say no because I predict RPs bodyguards being called off if he is ever going to be shot.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, pretty soon all the guns and bullets will all be banned, so Ron will be safe! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Kovaciny View Post
    Well, pretty soon all the guns and bullets will all be banned, so Ron will be safe! :P
    Ha good one.

as a bodyguard yes.

as a regular person like i am now, if i saw the threat and i was there, yes, if that just so happened to be the situation.

If hypothetically I hypothetically was hypothetically Ron's hypothetical bodyguard I hypothetically would hypothetically take hypothetically a hypothetical bullet hypothetically for hypothetically him hypothetically. But hypothetically that's only a hypothetical .

It would definitely serve ends contrary to my Rational Self-Interest, but if I had to make a split decision, I would probably decide in the affirmative.

i would take TWO bullets for ron paul.
    I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying.
    Woody Allen

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kludge View Post
    This.
    you need your stossel picture back
    I don't want to achieve immortality through my work... I want to achieve it through not dying.
    Woody Allen