Thread: Lt. Gov Kinder calls out Gov Nixon over MIAC scandal

Lt. Gov Kinder calls out Gov Nixon over MIAC scandal

everyone, we must make sure this remains NON PARTISAN even though the republican party appears to actually have our backs on this. May be just a political move, but the fact of the matter is they are coming to our defense!

CALL AND THANK THEM! But keep writing your letters to the editor as a NON PARTISAN patriot who is outraged!

Bryon is putting together our next press plan TO DATE THERE IS STILL NO RESPONSE TO THE SUNSHINE LAW REQUEST!

Catherine Bleish
    executive director
    Liberty Restoration Project
    816-868-8806
    Catherine@libertyrestorationproject.org
    www.libertyrestorationproject.org

Freedom reaches across party lines.
    - Hide quoted text -

---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 10:31 AM
    Subject: Lt. Gov. Kinder Remarks at Press Conference This Morning
    To: Catherine Bleish <Catherine@libertyrestorationproject.org>, Josh Carter <jcstlgop@yahoo.com>

Should have YouTube soon.

Good morning

Thank you for joining us here today.

Late last week, media outlets across this state broke the astonishing news about a report from the Missouri Information Analysis Center, or MIAC as it is called, entitled, “The Modern Militia Movement.”

By title alone, one’s imagination springs to life with images of commando renegades building outposts in secluded wooded areas tucked away in mountainous terrain.

And, while this “Modern Militia” report did touch on such radical ideologies, it did so in foot-note fashion as it painted out Christians, anti-abortionists, advocates for protecting our borders and supporters of certain political candidates as potential “threats” to the public.

Now, let’s be clear. There are extremists in every group mentioned above… but NOT JUST in these groups.

For instance; there is a growing problem of environmental extremism in our country, often resulting in corporate sabotage. Yet no mention of this “real” crime appears in this report.

Over the past few years there have been increasing reports of terror contacts within our state, most notably at a trucking school in South Central Missouri. There was no mention of this in the MIAC report.

Are we to believe that the people who advocate for strong conservative causes in our state are the greatest threat to public safety?

Department of Public Safety Director John Britt has sent what is being called an “apology letter”, but it appears to be no more than a notice of redaction.

While the Director does say he will remove references to political supporters of Ron Paul and Bob Barr, he does not address references to Christians, supporters of border security pro-lifers. You CANNOT un-ring the bell.

Conservatives are the backbone of our nation’s fabric… we ARE NOT the threat. And that is why we are ONE nation, Under God.

Yesterday, Gov. Nixon and Director Britt said they stand by the report.

I want to be very clear here. I have the utmost admiration and respect for our law enforcement officers. We all rely on public safety officials to keep us safe from those who would do us harm. I admire their devotion to service and their dedication to our state.

But under the guidance of the present director, who must think it is Nixon's Secret Service, the Department of Public Safety has taken on a new and sinister role of political profiling in the vain of making terrorists out of citizens who want nothing more than to freely voice their opinion as guaranteed by our Constitution.

What other infringements on our personal freedoms has the director overseen? What other documents similar documents have been created, but not leaked to the media?

Right now we can only wonder.

This morning, I am calling for Director Britt to immediately be put on administrative leave pending an investigation into this, and other reports done by MIAC which may profile or demean specific political, religious or social groups.

There is no reason why Republicans, Libertarians, Democrats, Conservatives, Liberals, Atheists, Christians, Pro-Life or Abortion Advocates to be targeted because of certain beliefs which many hold very close to heart.

We also read this morning that Director Britt had not read the report in question before it was distributed to Missouri law enforcement. The Director’s negligence to even read this report compounds the severity of these wide-sweeping generalizations about many conservatives.

It is my hope that Director Britt will be put on immediate leave until these allegations of profiling can be fully investigated.

Missourian’s MUST KNOW that we are keeping their state a safe place to live. But they must also know that they are protected by the freedoms that so many have fought to protect across generations.

Thank you all.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    KINDER, LEGISLATURE MUST STOP NIXON'S ABUSE OF POWER

Missourians United for Life

For Immediate Release

Missourians United for Life Supports Kinder’s Call for Administrative Leave for Nixon’s Public Safety Chief, Investigation into Nixon Administration

Governor Nixon’s Administration Abusing State Law Enforcement by Targeting Pro-Life Missourians

St. Louis - March 25, 2009 - Missourians United for Life is supporting Lieutenant Governor Peter Kinder’s call for Governor Jay Nixon’s Director of Public Safety, John M. Britt, to be placed on administrative leave for abusing state law enforcement and for a House and Senate investigation of Governor Nixon and his administration over a law enforcement report targeting conservative candidates, citizens and groups including pro-life Missourians.

Missourians United for Life is also calling on Governor Nixon, who is pro-abortion, to publicly apologize for the creation of the report. Nixon has stood by the controversial report which directs the profiling of pro-life Missourians and other conservatives as potential security threats.

“Jay Nixon and his administration are abusing state law enforcement by targeting pro-life Missourians and violating their civil and political rights,” said Ed Martin, President of Missourians United for Life. “Missourians United for Life strongly supports Lieutenant Governor Peter Kinder’s call for Jay Nixon’s cabinet director of public safety to be placed on immediate administrative leave as this matter is investigated. Jay Nixon should publicly apologize to all Missourians for his abuse, his terrible management of a critical department and to the pro-life Missourians his administration has targeted who are now worried that state law enforcement is profiling them for their views on life.”

On Monday, Missourians United for Life filed a complaint with the Americans Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) against Governor Nixon and asked the ACLU to apply instantly for a temporary restraining order against Jay Nixon in U.S. District Court.

"What Governor Nixon is telling Missourians is that if you disagree with him on the issue of life or display a pro-life bumper sticker or wear a pro-life pin, you may subjected to action by state law enforcement or your personal information could be sent to a law enforcement analysis center," said Ed Martin. "This is a clear violation of Missourians’ civil rights. The only intent of such a report by Nixon's Administration is to harass and intimidate his perceived political enemies and chill speech and open debate for those who disagree with Jay Nixon on public policy."

For more information on Missourians United for Life or to join the fight for life go to http://www.MissouriansUnitedforLife.com

###

FW: First Reads: Kinder calls from Britt to be place on leave Inbox X
    Jared Craighead to Catherine, Josh
    show details 11:08 AM (1 hour ago)

AP BRIEF:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...03-25-11-37-35

LIVENGOOD:

http://www.news-leader.com/article/2...25021/-1/RSS13

CATANESE:

http://ky3.blogspot.com/2009/03/kind...-on-leave.html

POLITICAL FIX:

http://www.stltoday.com/blogzone/pol...trative-leave/

Hate the act. Love the way you're ensuring it blows up in their faces!
    'I prefer someone who burns the flag and then wraps themselves up in the Constitution over someone who burns the Constitution and then wraps themselves up in the flag.'--Molly Ivins

'Well, you can get no more liberty than you give.'--Will Rogers

This is awesome! Every day it just gets better and better. I love that these other groups are getting involved and really grabbing a hold of the issue, too. Just fantastic!

Department of Public Safety Director John Britt
    Nees to resign over this. Great that the Lt. Gov is actually stepping up.

This is exciting stuff!

Hats off to you folks for working so hard on this.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    first the ACLU, now the Lt Gov! let alone ANYONE whose most fav issues
    were horridly trashed by the memo! --- RAH RAH RAH!!! OUR BILL OF RIGHTs!!!

Basic Profiling at its worst.
    Carole

"Mr. Chairman, we have in this Country one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal Reserve Banks, hereinafter called the Fed. The Fed has cheated the Government of these United States and the people of the United States out of enough money to pay the Nation's debt. The depredations and iniquities of the Fed has cost enough money to pay the National debt several times over. -Cong. Louis McFadden

MIAC Report uses a broad stroke to label people with a dissenting point of view as Terrorist. According to the report, even Glenn Beck should be suspected. We must fight back. Don't let this happen in America. Please take action and make these calls. It's our country and the thugs running it need to know how we feel.

Take Action Now!
    1. Call the St. Louis Chamber of Commerce and say you will not be visiting Missouri out of concern of being PROFILED.

(314) 231-5555
    2. Call the St. Louis Convention and Visitors Commission and tell them you won't visit Missouri because of "political profiling".
    (800) 325-7962
    3. Call the Missouri Information Analysis Center (MIAC) and tell them their smear campaign is not acceptable.
    ( 866) 362-6422 and (573)-526-6115

good news. thanks
    Thanks liberty Eagle
    I am a mid-west farmer, I make a livin' off the land,
    I ride a John Deere tractor, I'm a liberated man.
    But the rain it hasn't fallen, since the middle of July,
    And if it don't come soon my crops will die.
    The bank man says he likes me, but there's nothin' he can do
    He tells me that he's comin' but the clouds are comin' too.
    He ain't my friend:
    And I'll ride again

Veteran of the Bloody battle of NPR
    Valor
    http://screenshots.filesnetwork.com/...rs/badge16.jpg

What an excellent example of grassroots leadership on display here. This is how to change things folks. Please post those donation links again. Such a worthy cause deserves to be funded by national grassroots. Pursuing this issue has major implications and is setting precedent for similar actions in other states.

Quote Originally Posted by newbitech View Post
    What an excellent example of grassroots leadership on display here. This is how to change things folks. Please post those donation links again. Such a worthy cause deserves to be funded by national grassroots. Pursuing this issue has major implications and is setting precedent for similar actions in other states.
    Hear hear and, since she seems to be busy elsewhere, please allow me:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=184713
    'I prefer someone who burns the flag and then wraps themselves up in the Constitution over someone who burns the Constitution and then wraps themselves up in the flag.'--Molly Ivins

'Well, you can get no more liberty than you give.'--Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Hear hear and, since she seems to be busy elsewhere, please allow me:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=184713

Thanks for posting Paypal email is info@libertyrestorationproject.org

Here is the youtube of the press release by Kinder - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDgQfZCrkOo

PLEASE SEND HIM A THANK YOU Phone: 573.751.4727 ltgovinfo@ltgov.mo.gov (expect an official call to thank you action blog/pr from the liberty restoration project soon!!)

I applaud the great organizing effort here!!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just keeps getting better and better:

Missouri Republican Party Joins Lt. Governor's Call for Investigation into Nixon's Political Profiling

MRP E-Release: Missouri Republican Party Joins Lt. Governor's Call for Investigation into Nixon's Political Profiling

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Jared Craighead

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 573-636-3146

Missouri Republican Party Joins Lt. Governor’s Call for Investigation into Nixon's Political Profiling

MRP Chairman: 'Jay Nixon Should Apologize Fervently and Publicly for Report Targeting Conservatives'

JEFFERSON CITY_ The Missouri Republican Party today joined Lt. Governor Peter Kinder in calling for Director John Britt to be placed on administrative leave pending an investigation into the political-profiling activities of the Department of Public Safety. The Missouri Republican Party is seeking a fervent and public apology from Jay Nixon to all Missourians, especially the conservatives his administration targeted in this report.

“The Missouri Republican Party joins Lt. Governor Peter Kinder in calling for an investigation into the Nixon Administration’s political profiling activities,” said David Cole, Chairman of the Missouri Republican Party. “Governor Nixon is ultimately responsible, and it is beyond time for him to apologize fervently and publicly, retract the report, and make public all information regarding the profiling of law-abiding Missourians.”

As reported by various news outlets across the state, the Department of Public Safety’s Missouri Information Analysis Center recently released a report that singles out pro-life, low-tax, and anti-illegal immigration advocates as threats to public safety.

A full and transparent investigation into this report will expose the extent of the Nixon Administration’s targeting of millions of Missourians in violation of their First Amendment right to free-speech.

“In his statements to the press, Nixon has promised to continue the practice of political profiling. His stalwart defense of this report suppresses political discourse, and it has implications for all Missourians, regardless of their partisan affiliations,” said Cole. “We encourage all elected officials to make it clear that no one who participates in the political process will live in fear of retribution from the government or law enforcement based on their beliefs.”

Missouri’s law enforcement officials are the finest in the country. The Missouri Republican Party supports their outstanding work and appreciates their service. It is unfortunate that bureaucrats exercised such poor judgment in providing them this information.

# # #<Photo 1><Photo 2><Photo 3><Photo 4><Photo 5><Photo 6>

Quote Originally Posted by CatherineBleish View Post
    Just keeps getting better and better:

Missouri Republican Party Joins Lt. Governor's Call for Investigation into Nixon's Political Profiling

MRP E-Release: Missouri Republican Party Joins Lt. Governor's Call for Investigation into Nixon's Political Profiling

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Jared Craighead

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 573-636-3146

Missouri Republican Party Joins Lt. Governor’s Call for Investigation into Nixon's Political Profiling

MRP Chairman: 'Jay Nixon Should Apologize Fervently and Publicly for Report Targeting Conservatives'

JEFFERSON CITY_ The Missouri Republican Party today joined Lt. Governor Peter Kinder in calling for Director John Britt to be placed on administrative leave pending an investigation into the political-profiling activities of the Department of Public Safety. The Missouri Republican Party is seeking a fervent and public apology from Jay Nixon to all Missourians, especially the conservatives his administration targeted in this report.

“The Missouri Republican Party joins Lt. Governor Peter Kinder in calling for an investigation into the Nixon Administration’s political profiling activities,” said David Cole, Chairman of the Missouri Republican Party. “Governor Nixon is ultimately responsible, and it is beyond time for him to apologize fervently and publicly, retract the report, and make public all information regarding the profiling of law-abiding Missourians.”

As reported by various news outlets across the state, the Department of Public Safety’s Missouri Information Analysis Center recently released a report that singles out pro-life, low-tax, and anti-illegal immigration advocates as threats to public safety.

A full and transparent investigation into this report will expose the extent of the Nixon Administration’s targeting of millions of Missourians in violation of their First Amendment right to free-speech.

“In his statements to the press, Nixon has promised to continue the practice of political profiling. His stalwart defense of this report suppresses political discourse, and it has implications for all Missourians, regardless of their partisan affiliations,” said Cole. “We encourage all elected officials to make it clear that no one who participates in the political process will live in fear of retribution from the government or law enforcement based on their beliefs.”

Missouri’s law enforcement officials are the finest in the country. The Missouri Republican Party supports their outstanding work and appreciates their service. It is unfortunate that bureaucrats exercised such poor judgment in providing them this information.

# # #<Photo 1><Photo 2><Photo 3><Photo 4><Photo 5><Photo 6>
    wow...great stuff. I'm extremely excited to see people like your self working hard on this subject We most hold these people accountable for their actions.

Quote Originally Posted by 50calray View Post
    wow...great stuff. I'm extremely excited to see people like your self working hard on this subject We most hold these people accountable for their actions.
    We will. There is no stopping the truth. We are at a point were we can either stand up and stop this NOW or we can sit back and watch our country disappear, in my opinion. We have all worked very hard over the past 2 years, that is for sure, and some very hard for decades. But if there is any time for us to act in unison and to act swiftly and boldly as a nation of free people, it is now. Let us demand freedom with our time, energy, finances, and hearts.

catherine, what an immense amount of time and effort you must be putting into this

you are a true patriot and we are very grateful
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous