Thread: John Monds (former GA PSC Candidate) for Governor

Thumbs up John Monds (former GA PSC Candidate) for Governor

Record-breaking Libertarian John Monds will announce his intent to run for governor of Georgia.

ATLANTA -- John Monds will be announcing his intention to seek the Libertarian Party of Georgia’s nomination for Governor with a press conference at the Capitol in Atlanta with family, close friends and supporters by his side Wednesday, March 25th at 4:00pm.

During his campaign for Public Service Commission (District 1) in 2008, Monds became the first Libertarian to break one million votes in the United States.

Monds and the Libertarian Party believe Georgians are ready for something new and different. “It’s difficult to tell the difference between Republicans and Democrats; both want to raise your taxes, waste your money and increase the size and scope of state government,” said Monds.
    See the rest of the story posted on lp.org:

http://www.lp.org/news/press-release...or-ga-governor

Also, check out votemonds.com.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 03-24-2009 at 06:31 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

NO Monds!!!

NO way! he is the head of the NAACP in his area, he's obvioulsy going to do nothing but hand out more welfare checks.

Ray Mcberry 2010

Both Monds and McBerry are scheduled to be in Warner Robins for the Tea Party at 3 pm today. I don't think I can make it, but if I do I will report back what they say.

I might go to that one.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul or not at all View Post
    NO way! he is the head of the NAACP in his area, he's obvioulsy going to do nothing but hand out more welfare checks.

Ray Mcberry 2010
    Kind of a broad brush, don't you think? There are certainly members in the NAACP who seek the handouts and see it as some form of reparation for sins dead and gone, but if a certain leader of the NAACP happened to have some libertarian ideas to spread to other people of color (which they have probably rarely ever heard), what exactly is the downside of supporting such a revolutionary-thinking leader of that organization?
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

Gah, I just found out that Jeff Scott is playing a part in coordinating the Warner Robins tea party. He's a big time neo-con when it comes to foreign policy issues.

But I may go anyway to see what we're in for over the next few elections.
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.

The NAACP used to be pretty libertarian, back before FDR. Herbert Hoover alienated the black vote between 1928 and 1932 by selling them out on disaster relief.
    Interested in politics? Check out Red Racing Horses for daily updates on electoral politics, redistricting, and the presidential campaigns.