Thread: Letter from Social Security

Letter from Social Security

So my fiancee got a letter from Social Security yesterday. It was basically a flyer saying how awesome SS is. Here is a quote:

Will SS still be around when I retire?

Yes......
    The SS board of trustees now estimates that based on current law, in 2041, the trust funds will be depleted......
    Therefore, the taxes that are paid by workers will not be enough to pay the full benefit amounts scheduled.......
    However, this does not mean that SS benefit payments will disappear. ...
    enough funds in 2041 from taxes paid by workers to pay about $780 for every $1,000 in benefits scheduled.
    So why would anyone want to pay into this?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ItsTime View Post
    So my fiancee got a letter from Social Security yesterday. It was basically a flyer saying how awesome SS is. Here is a quote:

Remember that most people are not aware that Social Security is a Ponzi Scheme

I sent a letter asking for their opt out form because my parents knew not what they were doing when they signed me up for it when I was born. In fact I never had a choice I told them. Never heard back from them.

We need millions asking to opt out of the program.

It's easy, not only do you get some of your money back when you retire, but you get cage insurance on top of it.

Myself, I buy it mostly for the cage insurance.
    “If you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.” -CS Lewis

The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft.

If our society were a forum, congress would be the illiterate troll that somehow got a hold of the only ban hammer.

This is the same reason I pay taxes, actually, as well. I'm not very enthusiastic about the war on drugs, or foreign wars, or government education, but that cage insurance is invaluable .
    “If you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.” -CS Lewis

The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft.

If our society were a forum, congress would be the illiterate troll that somehow got a hold of the only ban hammer.

Because if you die early, you do not want your greedy relatives fighting over your excess money. This way spares them that pain. Duh.

Could you supply a scan of it? I'll put it up on digg with the headline "PROOF that Social Security is a fraudulent Ponzi Scheme" - should get a reaction

Quote Originally Posted by emazur View Post
    Could you supply a scan of it? I'll put it up on digg with the headline "PROOF that Social Security is a fraudulent Ponzi Scheme" - should get a reaction
    Actually, I got a copy too ... I'll see if I can dig it up.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by qh4dotcom View Post
    Remember that most people are not aware that Social Security is a Ponzi Scheme
    Who would have thought that our own government had a "MLM" of their own?
    Thomas Jefferson
    3rd. President, Democrat
    Term of Office: January 20, 1777 to January 20, 1781
    'A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.'

- Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Scott38 View Post

We need millions asking to opt out of the program.
    This times 1000!!
    "Gentlemen, I have had men watching you for a long time and I am convinced that you have used the funds of the bank to speculate in the breadstuffs of the country. When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I intend to rout you out, and by the grace of the Eternal God, will rout you out."- Andrew Jackson (The Guy on the 20)

www.micahnelson.com