Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chuck Baldwin: Missouri State Police Think You and I Are Terrorists

Chuck Baldwin: Missouri State Police Think You and I Are Terrorists

Chuck Baldwin: Missouri State Police Think You and I Are Terrorists

By Chuck Baldwin
    March 17, 2009
    NewsWithViews.com

Thanks to a concerned Missouri state policeman, a nationally syndicated radio talk show host stated that he was alerted last week to a secret Missouri state police report that categorized supporters of Congressman Ron Paul, Bob Barr, and myself as "'militia' influenced terrorists." The report, he said, "instructs the Missouri police to be on the lookout for supporters displaying bumper stickers and other paraphernalia associated with the Constitutional, Campaign for Liberty, and Libertarian parties."

Ignoring the threat of Muslim terrorists, the Missouri Information Analysis Center (MIAC) report focuses on the so-called "militia movement" and "conflates it with supporters of Ron Paul, Chuck Baldwin, Bob Barr, the so-called patriot movement and other political activist organizations opposed to the North American Union and the New World Order."

This report is not original, of course. During the Clinton administration, a Phoenix Federal Bureau of Investigation and Joint Terrorism Task Force explicitly designated "defenders" of the Constitution as "right-wing extremists." However, the MIAC report significantly expands on earlier documents and is the first known document to actually name names.

According to the MIAC, opposition to world government, NAFTA, federalization of the states, and restrictive gun laws are a potential threat to the police. The MIAC report also refers to Aaron Russo's film, "America: Freedom to Fascism."

The story exposing the MIAC report states, "The MIAC report is particularly pernicious because it indoctrinates Missouri law enforcement in the belief that people who oppose confiscatory taxation, believe in the well-documented existence of a New World Order and world government (a Google search of this phrase will pull up numerous references made by scores of establishment political leaders), and are opposed to the obvious expansion of the federal government at the expense of the states as violent extremists who are gunning for the police. It specifically targets supporters of mainstream political candidates and encourages police officers to consider them dangerous terrorists."

See the report here.

The Columbia Daily Tribune also carried the story last Saturday. It quoted Missouri resident Tim Neal of Miller County. "When Neal read the report, he couldn't help but think it described him. A military veteran and a delegate to the 2008 Missouri Republican state convention, he didn't appreciate being lumped in with groups like the Neo-Nazis.

"'I was going down the list and thinking, "Check, that's me,"' he said. 'I'm a Ron Paul supporter, check. I talk about the North American union, check. I've got the "America: Freedom to Fascism" video loaned out to somebody right now. So that means I'm a domestic terrorist? Because I've got a video about the Federal Reserve?'"

The Tribune's report also acknowledges, "The [MIAC] report's most controversial passage states that militia 'most commonly associate with third-party political groups' and support presidential candidates such as Ron Paul, former Constitutional [sic] Party candidate Chuck Baldwin and Bob Barr, the Libertarian candidate last year."

The Tribune report also said, "Neal, who has a Ron Paul bumper sticker on his car, said the next time he is pulled over by a police officer, he won't know whether it's because he was speeding or because of his political views."

See the Columbia Tribune report here:

I realize that there are people who will dismiss this kind of story as insignificant. They shouldn't. This is very serious and should be treated as such. Anyone who knows anything at all about history knows that before a state or national government can persecute--and commit acts of violence against--a group of people, they must first marginalize the group from society's mainstream and categorize it as dangerous.

Rome did exactly that to Christians, as did Mao's China; Hitler's Germany did the same thing to Jews; Stalin's Russia did the same thing to political dissenters, etc. That a State police agency in America would actually infer that people who supported Ron Paul, Bob Barr, or myself in a political campaign are somehow indistinguishable from violence-prone "militias" is beyond insulting: it is a smear campaign, and might should even be regarded as a hate crime!

Beyond that, the MIAC report paints with a very broad brush. In addition to supporting Ron Paul, Bob Barr, or myself, a review of the report reveals that opposition to any of the following risks someone being classified as a potential "domestic terrorist":

The New World Order
    The United Nations
    Gun Control
    The violation of Posse Comitatus
    The Federal Reserve
    The Income Tax
    The Ammunition Accountability Act
    A possible Constitutional Convention (Con Con)
    The North American Union
    Universal Service Program
    Radio Frequency Identification (RFID)
    Abortion on demand
    Illegal Immigration

Again, if you oppose any of the above, or if you supported Ron Paul, Bob Barr, or myself, you risk being labeled a "domestic terrorist," according to the MIAC.

Do you not see how dangerous this kind of slanderous labeling can become? It could affect your flight status when you try to board an airline. It could affect your application for sensitive jobs. It could affect your adjudication before a court or judge. It could make you a target for aggressive law enforcement strategies. It could affect your being able to obtain a passport. It could affect one's ability to purchase a firearm or receive a State concealed weapon permit.

This is very serious business! We are not talking about private opinions. We are talking about law enforcement agencies. And remember, most law enforcement agencies share these types of reports; therefore, how many other state police agencies have similar reports floating around? Probably several. Plus, how do we know that this report was not influenced by federal police agencies? We don't.

Rest assured, I do not plan to take this lying down. As one who is personally named in the above report, I demand a public retraction and apology from the MIAC and Missouri State Police. I can tell you that my family is extremely distraught that their husband, father, and grandfather would be labeled in such a manner. I am also not ruling out legal action. In addition, I am discussing an appropriate response with Ron Paul and Bob Barr. I will keep readers posted as to what comes of these discussions (as I am at liberty to do so, of course).

In the meantime, I encourage everyone who believes in the freedom of speech and who believes that the MIAC report is an egregious miscarriage of justice to contact the appropriate Missouri police officials. Here is the contact information:

Email address: Brandon.middleton@mshp.dps.mo.gov

Missouri Information Analysis Center
    Division of Drugs & Crime Control
    P. O. Box 568
    Jefferson City, MO 65102-0568
    Phone: 573-751-6422
    Toll Free: 866-362-6422
    Fax: 573-751-9950

And lest one thinks that none of this concerns him or her, I would like to remind you of the lament of Martin Niemoeller back in the days of Hitler's Germany. Niemoeller was a decorated U-Boat Captain and pastor of great distinction. An avid anti-communist, Niemoeller at first supported Hitler's rise to power and was hesitant to oppose the violations of civil rights against various groups he personally found distasteful. It did not take long, however, before Niemoeller realized that when laws protecting the rights of all were removed from some, no one was safe--including him. Unfortunately, he learned his lesson too late, as he, too, was persecuted and imprisoned by Hitler's State Police. Here is what Niemoeller said about his indifference:

"They came first for the communists, and I did not speak up - because I was not a communist;

And then they came for the trade unionists, and I did not speak up - because I was not a trade unionist;

And then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak up - because I was not a Jew;

And then they came for me - and there was no one left to speak up."

So, those of you who think you have nothing to fear because you did not vote for Ron Paul, Bob Barr, or me, or because you do not live in the State of Missouri need to think again. As I have repeatedly said, we either have freedom for all, or we have freedom for none. Truly, secret police reports such as the one above threaten the liberties of us all.

So, will you speak up now or wait until they come for you and no one is left to speak up?

SOURCE:
    http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin498.htm
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Good deal
    Glad to see him speaking out.
    This should be plain to see that this is a dangerous development, sadly many just don't get it.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

ZOMG! They're-a comin for me, Mabel! Git the guns!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

The one thing that strikes me reading all this .... whoever made that original report stepped in it up to their thighs. They couldn't have done a better job of uniting the libertarian movement if they'd tried -- or getting people pissed at law enforcement.

I guess that's how it often works with tyranny ... it backfires.

Edit: There, now ya happy DAFTEK?
    Last edited by tremendoustie; 03-16-2009 at 09:28 PM.
    “If you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.” -CS Lewis

The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft.

If our society were a forum, congress would be the illiterate troll that somehow got a hold of the only ban hammer.

"I ain't scared"

----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Quote Originally Posted by tremendoustie View Post
    The one thing that strikes me reading all this .... whoever made that original report stepped in it up to their thighs. They couldn't have done a better job of uniting the libertarian movement if they'd tried -- or getting people pissed at law enforcement.

I guess that's how it often works with tyranny ... it backfires.
    It was never intended for us to see.
    The officer even said so on Gary Nolans radio show... he was dumb-founded as to how it got out in the first place.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    ^^^ Did u really need to quote the OP post?

About time someone spoke up about this. been almost a damn week and nothing from C4L or Ron Paul.

makes me want a bumber sticker that reads domestic terrorist
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

Great article. I hope a class action lawsuit will commence.

Dr. Edwin Vieira should start one since "Committees of Safety" seems to be on the watch list too.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Thanks Chuck. I'm proud to have had the honor in casting my ballot for you in Presidential Election 2008.

As far as CFL and RP "getting involved"... I am not sure the CFL should do that at such an early stage, I think the most important thing right now is getting ORGANIZED.
    The CP, the LP and the GOP are "organized". I am glad that the CP is sensing the urgency of the matter...
    This is not to say that the CFL doesn't recognize the dire straights, but rather, that they should shoot for the egg AFTER the chicken. Heh, we just got laid.
    lmao.
    In regards to the GOP, I think that the pro-lifers should be contacted STAT. From what I can tell, this is spreading like wildfire- slow and steady. Let's hope it continues.
    Last edited by revolutionary8; 03-16-2009 at 11:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by revolutionary8 View Post
    Thanks Chuck. I'm proud to have had the honor in casting my ballot for you in Presidential Election 2008.

As far as CFL and RP "getting involved"... I am not sure the CFL should do that at such an early stage, I think the most important thing right now is getting ORGANIZED.
    The CP, the LP and the GOP are "organized". I am glad that the CP is sensing the urgency of the matter...
    The C4L has a major event in St. Louis MO in just 2 weeks. I would say that makes this a much bigger deal for them to address then any others currently.

Quote Originally Posted by UtahApocalypse View Post
    The C4L has a major event in St. Louis MO in just 2 weeks. I would say that makes this a much bigger deal for them to address then any others currently.
    what are they gonna do?
    Battle the Fusion Centers?
    The economy and the markets will take care of that soon enough. As long as the grass keeps the fire going, so much as a murmur will get blasted over the airways.

well the CFL can do alot and has alot of influence ,minus the national hq of cfl(they have a large job), most states have very good organizers. I have much faith for our State Leader In Colorado!

If the CFL and the state CFL organize together with all the grassroots. then this is a force no one would mess with.

The other poster truly under estimates the CFL!!!!!!!

as far as i am concerned our state leader in Colorado for the CFL ,is our republican leader in Colorado. she isn't running for statechair but she is one great woman who has colorado republicans excited. the neo-cons will either join our message or they will write the cogop into the history books like the whig party!! the failed gop has no choice, if they do not walk or talk our message and actually pass our grassroots sniffer test. they have no chance of winning. no one is buying what they are selling!
    Last edited by speciallyblend; 03-16-2009 at 11:45 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What does the event have to do with it? Regardless of the nefarious nature of the document, it really is a training doc, not an action plan against the event. ISTM - making this out to be targeting the event would just make us look paranoid. I hope CfL presents a measured response, but am glad they are not rushing in...
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulhawaii View Post
    What does the event have to do with it? Regardless of the nefarious nature of the document, it really is a training doc, not an action plan against the event. ISTM - making this out to be targeting the event would just make us look paranoid. I hope CfL presents a measured response, but am glad they are not rushing in...
    ello, i am at work overnight shift. curious question? where are you right now hehe? just wondered

night shift at hotel =let cute girls hit the hot tub afterhours oo well married killed that thought

What does the event have to do with it? ..
    The event happens to be in the state the document is from..
    Hear Congressman Paul's weekly legislative update toll free 888-322-1414

Well, just b/c we are paranoid, doesn't mean they aren't out to get us.
    I don't think the CFL has its roots in the soil deep enough to "go after" this task, this is what we have the grass for. I think the power of the grass has A LOT to do with it's ability to act independently, and above ground as compared to it's inspiration. I think of the CFL as a sort of tuber if you know what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by speciallyblend View Post
    ello, i am at work overnight shift. curious question? where are you right now hehe? just wondered

night shift at hotel =let cute girls hit the hot tub afterhours oo well married killed that thought
    and me, 2000 miles away...

Quote Originally Posted by TruthisTreason View Post
    The event happens to be in the state the document is from..

Why do you think it is the wise political move for CfL to be leading the charge in this?
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

and me, 2000 miles away...

Why do you think it is the wise political move for CfL to be leading the charge in this?
    well being i am in the middle of colorado that still could be either direction. I am betting on the islands but knowing you. you could be anywhere on the east coast marching to lady hope's reel 99cents itunes, the best revolutionary jam

Dr. Baldwin Boldly Speaks Out

What a great article! All I have to say is Chuck Baldwin 2012.
    "Then David said to the Philistine, 'You come to me with a sword, a spear, and a javelin, but I come to you in the name of Yahweh of hosts, the God of the battle lines of Israel, Whom you have reproached.'" - 1 Samuel 17:45

"May future generations look back on our work and say that these were men and women who, in moment of great crisis, stood up to their politicians, the opinion-makers, and the Establishment, and saved their country." - Dr. Ron Paul

I have no "hang-ups" voting for Chuck Baldwin last time around.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Theocrat View Post
    What a great article! All I have to say is Chuck Baldwin 2012.
    Chuck is the BOMB.
    Woops.
    I mean that FIGURATIVELY
    Dear Big Govy,
    Please - Don't arrest me, or swat team my house, or shoot me dead outide my "compound" I was just joshin'.
    pss, I don't really have a "compound". I'm not even sure what that word means.

here's what I will tell the MO author of "information analysis":

I agree whole heartedly with your assessment that supporters of the US Constitution and people like me that are seeking the obliteration of the Federal Reserve are "terrorists".....we will be in good company with the likes of George Washington, Hamilton, Jefferson, Adams, etc. that were also TERRORISTS and "overthrew" the TYRANNTS of their own day!! In fact the Declaration of Independence says it is "OUR DUTY".

The tree of liberty needs to be refreshed with the blood of patriots and tyrants. To hell with being "sheep" led to the slaughter, the Federal Government is a JOKE and most of the citizens of the nation are idiots that don't even know what kind of government they "HAD", let alone anything about history or their inalienable rights given by GOD (not any men or governments).

Proud to be a PATRIOT.
    "Rebellion to tyrants is obedience to God."--Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by revolutionary8 View Post
    Chuck is the BOMB.
    Woops.
    I mean that FIGURATIVELY
    Dear Big Govy,
    Please - Don't arrest me, or swat team my house, or shoot me dead outide my "compound" I was just joshin'.
    pss, I don't really have a "compound". I'm not even sure what that word means.
    Compound means "the house of a guy they want people to think is scary".
    “If you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.” -CS Lewis

The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft.

If our society were a forum, congress would be the illiterate troll that somehow got a hold of the only ban hammer.

I'd rather walk in on twenty-seven militia members in a remote, ramshackle roadhouse while all of them are on their thirteenth beer than go hunting even once with Dick Cheney.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

I'm glad to see someone mentioned in the flyer responded to this MO MIAC.
    I don't see why this isn't top news in the MSM.
    "Never Miss a Good Chance to Shut up"

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaCato View Post
    I'm glad to see someone mentioned in the flyer responded to this MO MIAC.
    I don't see why this isn't top news in the MSM.
    They're too busy chiding us for not buying newspapers any more. Of course, if there was any news in even one of those troubled papers, they could sell it coast to coast.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast