Baking time: 45 min.

4 cups noodles (1/2 pound)
    1-tablespoon butter or margarine
    1 lb. ground chuck(hamburger)
    2 8-oz. cans tomato sauce
    1/2 lb. cottage cheese (1 cup)
    1 8-oz. Pkg. Soft cream cheese
    1/4 cup sour cream
    1/3 cup minced scallions (green onion’s ok)
    1 tablespoon of minced green peppers
    2 tablespoon melted butter or margarine

Early in day: Cook noodles a package directs; drain. Meanwhile, in butter in skillet, sauté chuck until browned. Stir in tomato sauce. Remove from heat. Combine cottage cheese and next four ingredients. In 2-quart casserole, spread half of noodles; cover with cheese mixture; then cover with rest of noodles. Pour melted butter over noodles, then tomato-meat sauce. Chill.

About 1 hour before serving; Heat oven. Bake

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Taco Recipe

Taco Recipe

I’ve been on a taco kick.

I used to hang out with a lady named Josephine when I was about four or five.

I liked taco’s a lot so she said she figured she better show me how to make them for myself later if she wasn’t around.

She stood me up on a stool next to the stove. It had a nice frying pan on it and she said, ”DON’T TOUCH. IT’S HOT!” to start with.

First you turn on the heat under the iron frying pan. Throw in some butter. Then chop up some Onion into little squares or so and throw it in (About a third of one is good for me). You can let them cook a little if you want but I usually just get onto opening the can of Roast Beef. Dump it in with the gravy. I sprinkle a thin coat of Chile Powder over the top. Then I sprinkle on some Minced Garlic. You don’t need this if you don’t want. Then I just let this sort of cook slow uncovered so the gravy evaporates.

Next I oil the bottom of the little pan and throw in a hunk of butter. I go to opening the beans and then throw them in. This one I cover. It doesn’t take much heat to get these warmed up by the time you are ready for them.

Now I mess around a little while and watch the beans and the meat every once in a while. What I watch for is the meat to cook down to where the gravy is about cooked away and the beans for not burning.

Before the meat is all of the way ready I cut up some lettuce and tomatoes and make a little salad. I put some Balsamic Vinaigrette on it but you can also use a simple oil and vinegar dressing if you want. A little salt and pepper goes on the top. When it is ready I take it to the table. I also take the Mild Salsa and Tabasco, paper towels, Salt and Pepper and what ever I’m going to be drinking.

Now I turn on the medium size frying pan on a medium heat and throw in a hunk of butter.

Then I cut up some Monterey Jack Cheese for the tacos and the slices that come out weird get thrown in the refried beans.

By now the pan is hot. I take a tortilla and put in some cheese and some of the meat. It doesn’t take much (I get about 6 tacos to the can). I leave room for other stuff later. I put that one in the frying pan and then do another one real fast. With the pan I use two fit nice side by side.

While they are starting I take over any stuff I forgot to take to the table earlier.

After a couple of minutes the one side may be getting nice and brown already. I take a look if it’s okay I set it on top of the other one and then sort of scoot the one on the bottom over until I can flip it. Then I flip the top one. The second side gets brown a lot faster than the first side did usually.

While this is happening I put some beans on my plate and cover the pan and turn off the heat. They stay warm a long time. I also cover the meat that is left so it doesn’t dry out before the next tacos. I also turn it off.

By now the other side is ready.

I take then to the table. Everything should be there by now.

I put some of my beans inside one of the tacos. Then goes in some of the salad. On the salad goes the mild salsa and the Tabasco. Then a little salt.

It’s just that easy!

This is what you will need:

About an 8” iron skillet

A 12" copper bottom frying pan

A small copper bottom pan with lid

1 can of Hereford’s Roast Beef

1 can of Rosarita Refried Beans.

Half and Onion

Tabasco Sauce

Mild Salsa

Head of lettuce

Monterey Jack Cheese

Butter

Newman’s Own Balsamic Vinaigrette

Tomato

McCormick Minced Garlic

Chile Powder

Floor tortillas (Corn tortillas are okay for a change sometimes)

Reading all these great recipes is starving me !!

Here are a couple of Southern classics:

Rice Krispie Chicken

2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken (who chicken cut up, or chicken breasts)
    1 1/2 cups mayonnaise
    3 cups Rice Krispies
    Salt, Pepper and Paprika to taste

Clean and dry chicken. Roll chicken in mayonnaise to cover completely. Put Rice Krispies, salt, pepper and paprika in a zip lock plastic bag. Crush Rice Krispies with rolling pin. Dip chicken into bag, piece by piece and shake until fully coated.

Put in baking pan. Bake at 425 to 450 for 45 minutes to one hour. Crispy on outside and moist inside.

CHERRY/JELLO SALAD Great to bring to covered dish dinner

2 small packs cherry jello
    1 1/2 cups boiling water
    1 small can drained crushed pineapple
    1 can cherry pie filling
    1 - 8 ounce package cream cheese
    1 cup sour cream
    1/2 cup sugar
    tiny bit of vanila flavoring

Dissolve jello in the boiling water, mix in the pineapple and pie filling. Let congeal in refrigerator.

Once congealed, blend cream cheese, sour cream, sugar. Add a tiny bit of vanila and put on top of the conjealed jello salad. Keep refrigerated.

CHICKEN/CHIPPED BEEF CASEROLE

6 chicken breasts boned and skinned
    1 - 8 ounce cream cheese
    1 Jar Armour Chipped Beef
    1 can Cream of mushroom soup
    6 strips of bacon

Spread chipped beef along bottom of a glass caserole dish. Wrap each chicken breast individually with one bacon strip. Place on top of the chipped beef.

Combine the cream cheese and cream of mush soup and pour over top of the chicken. Cover with foil and bake at 300 degrees for 2 to 3 hours. Serve with rice.

BARBECUE SHRIMP The No. 1 requested item for me to make and bring to any family get together.

6 slices bacon
    3 sticks of margarine
    2 Tablespoons Dijourn Mustard (I use Coleman's Dry Mustard)
    2 teaspoons chili powder
    1/2 teaspoon basil
    1/2 teaspoon thyme
    2 teaspoons ground pepper
    3/4 teaspoon oregano
    2 heaping tablespoons Zataran's shrimp and crab boil
    1/2 to 1 teaspoon tabasco sauce
    2 Pounds large shrimp with shell on

Place the raw shrimp with shell on into a glass caserole dish.

Chop the raw bacon into bite size pieces, add to frying pan (I use scissors). Saute the bacon so it is partially cooked. Add margarine to the bacon and let it melt. Add all the other ingredients (except the shrimp). Let simmer for 5 minutes.

Pour the entire spicey mixture on top of the shrimp. Stir and bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes, stirring at 5 minute intervals.

Serve in bowls.... shrimp, sauce and all with a side of french bread for dipping. I've been told in LA., they eat this shrimp with the shell and all; however, I prefer to peel mine as I am eating them.

Avocado Cilantro Lime dressing:

1 lg ripe avocado
    1 cup greek yogurt
    1/2 cup real mayo
    1 cup cilantro
    juice from 1 lime
    1/4 pepper of your choice (I use habanero or serrano)
    5 or 6 green onions chopped
    2 tsp vinegar..white or balsamic..your choice
    salt and pepper to taste

add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth

serve as salad dressing, dip or sauce

Grilled chicken breasts marinated in ancho chili sauce
    Slice into strips after done

On a large platter:

bed of chopped bibb lettuce and romaine
    add chicken on top while warm
    surround with peeled and sectioned tangerines, grapefruit, and blood oranges
    top with chopped avocado and avocado cilantro lime dressing (see above for recipe)

Really easy, we had this for lunch today:

Hamburger Barley Soup:

1 lb ground beef
    1 onion diced (yellow)
    2 carrots (I slice then do a rough chop since I don't like cooked carrots much)
    2 ribs celery, small slice, I include the leafy part
    1 green bell pepper

saute in soup pot, add salt/pepper. When meat is sauteed through and onions are translucent, add:

1 large can of diced tomatoes
    1 large carton of beef broth
    water as needed (keep it "soupy")
    about 1/2 C barley
    thyme
    rosemary
    salt/pepper

simmer for about an hour, and that's it.
    Last edited by amy31416; 07-28-2013 at 03:40 PM.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Place egg in boiling water, boil 12 minutes peel salt and pepper. Eat.
    "The Patriarch"

Strawberry peach vinaigrette dressing

1/2 cup strawberries
    1 large peeled ripe peach
    4 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
    3 tbsps apple cider vinegar
    2 tbsp lemon juice
    1/2 tsp liquid sweetener
    1/8 tsp salt

blend in blender until smooth

Any one have good hot-sauce recipes they have personally tried. I know plenty of salsas and have already canned some. I've got a lot sweet, jalapeno and habenero.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Any one have good hot-sauce recipes they have personally tried. I know plenty of salsas and have already canned some. I've got a lot sweet, jalapeno and habenero.

2-3 large tomatos peeled and cut in quarters...(I steam them for a few minutes to loosen the peel)
    4-5 chopped green onions
    1 cup cilantro
    2-3 serrano chili peppers (or habaneros)
    1/4 cup chopped garlic
    lime juice from one lime
    salt/pepper to taste

I have a nutri-bullet so it basically liquifies it.....haven't tried it in a regular blender.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I've already posted mine at rpf's before. it's pretty basic and more like a pico-de gallo. Dice up your hot peppers, add to taste.

Dice up and add to processor in this order to taste, heavy on the cilantro. Hot peppers, garlic, cilantro, onions, green pepper, tomatoes and or tomatillos. Chop till chunky but mixed well, add lime and salt to taste.
    "The Patriarch"

Creme of anything soup
    Angel hair pasta
    Parsley
    Casserole dish, cheddar on top

Mix and smell all your spices and add whatever. Bake until not dry.

Everyone will agree that a can of chicken makes it taste better (except for the chicken).
    Last edited by nayjevin; 07-29-2013 at 10:59 PM.
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

Southwest Chicken Casserole (slow cooked)

4 lg chicken boneless skinless chicken breasts
    2 cans cream of chicken soup
    1 can cream corn
    1 pkg onion soup mix
    1 pkg chipotle sauce mix
    2 tsp bacon drippings
    2 cans Rotel tomatoes
    1 can green chilis
    1/2 cup milk
    1/4 cup jalapeno salsa
    Salt and pepper
    Corn tortillas
    Shredded cheddar
    Sour cream

Season chicken with salt and pepper and brown in olive oil

Mix soup, milk, onion soup mix, corn, chipotle sauce mix, bacon drippings until smooth

Line bottom of crockpot with corn tortillas
    Add chicken and cover with sauce mixture
    Add Rotel,chilis and salsa

Cook on high for 3 to 4 hrs..stir..chicken should be falling apart

Line casserole dish with corn tortillas...add a layer of the chicken mixture, a layer of cheese and repeat layers with the last step being cheese on top.

Bake in oven at 350 for 20 minutes or until cheese is melted.

Serve with guacamole and tortilla chips

easy one

Pesto Parmesan Pasta

Boil one pkg penne or rigatoni pasta
    drain in colander
    while still in colander add 2 pats butter, one half cup parmesan cheese and one half cup pesto sauce...
    blend well until butter and cheese melt

serve with salad and garlic toast

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quick, good breakfast:

Toad in the hole for one person

2 slices white bread
    2 eggs
    2 slices cheese
    butter
    salt and pepper to taste

take a biscuit cutter or a glass and cut out the middle of the bread. Put butter in frying pan like you're doing a grilled cheese sandwich. Toast one side of the bread and flip over. Crack two eggs and pour one in each hole, salt and pepper to taste. As the egg begins cooking per your taste, place a slice of cheese on top and serve when cheese melted.

Here's one for the holidays:

Eggnog Affogato:

Eggnog Ice Cream:

1 Cup Egg Nog
    2 Cups Heavy Cream
    1 Cup Milk
    1/4 cup Sugar

(splash of rum or bourbon may be added, though I don't recommend the brandy with the coffee)

Mix it all together, toss into the freezer for maybe 45 minutes, take it out, break it up and mix it, then stick it back in the freezer for two hours. It should make maybe 4 1/2 cups of ice cream.

Affogato itself:

1 shot fresh espresso
    1 small scoop of eggnog ice cream (though scoop according to how you like it)
    1 pinch of ground nutmeg
    +small amount of lemon juice and sugar to rim it.

Affogato is super simple, easy to make, and incredibly delicious. Simply rim the cup with lemon juice and sugar, scoop the ice cream in, sprinkle a little nutmeg over, pour a shot of espresso, and maybe top with a little lemon zest if you want. You don't need to make the ice cream (I admit that I don't usually, I just tossed together an ice cream recipe), but homemade ice cream is usually the best.

------

Mustard Alfredo:

2 cups heavy cream
    1/2 cup butter
    1 2/3 cup of parmesean cheese
    3 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
    2 cloves of garlic, minced.

Pour cream into saucepan over medium heat, add butter when bubbles form and stir. Add in parm and garlic after butter melts, stirring constantly now. Take sauce off heat, stir in dijon mustard, and and let it sit a little. Works well over pasta and fish. Again, it's super simple but delicious to make.

This might sound lame, but I find it addictive:

2 handsful of cranberries (raw)
    orange slices, without membrane (2 med oranges)
    sweetener of your choice

Throw in blender until everything's in small bits, best if eaten next day after sitting in fridge--I just eat it as-is

Also very good if you put it in a shaker with ice and and 1.5 oz vodka and make yourself a holiday cocktail.

Beer.
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

Breakfast tacos or taquitos

Brown in butter 1/2 cup green onions until tender
    When almost done add 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
    And 1/4 to 1/2 chopped jalapeño
    Add 4-5 eggs
    Stir to scramble
    Cook to desired consistency
    Salt and pepper optional

Serve in soft flour or corn tortillas heated
    Add cooked bacon or sausage
    Top with shredded cheddar cheese
    Fold and eat