Thread: Russians on '08 elections

Russians on '08 elections

Was watching Russian channel one news. They covered our elections. Talked mostly about media front runners. Then they talk about republican chances of winning the election. They give republicans only 20%, citing how unpopular they are in America. Just thought it was funny to hear this on Russian TV.

We need Ron Paul!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    did you hear Putin dissolved his govt 2 days ago...? weird. maybe sending a message to the US!

Actually their prime minister's office got dissolved because he stepped down. I'm not going to argue for Russian democracy, but they really need stability there and any democratic reform will come when original party starts to splinter.

Quote Originally Posted by silverhandorder View Post
    Actually their prime minister's office got dissolved because he stepped down. I'm not going to argue for Russian democracy, but they really need stability there and any democratic reform will come when original party starts to splinter.
    Okay thx - our news made it sound like it was Putins doing....

If we keep antagonizing the Russians with missile interceptors on their border, we are going to have a lot more to worry about than Putin dissolving his cabinet.

Quote Originally Posted by RP4ME View Post
    did you hear Putin dissolved his govt 2 days ago...? weird. maybe sending a message to the US!
    I think that is common. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissolution_of_parliament
    "You know not what you are given, but forever will you know what has been taken away from you..."

"As long as we live beyond our means we are destined to live beneath our means." - Ron Paul at a CNBC Debate in Michigan (10/09/07)

The move to plant a "flag" under the north arctic is a message from Russia, the flights of their new bombers nearly over Nato countries is a message from Russia, the rumors they are spreading about reopening their base in the Mediterranean is a message from Russia, their testing of new atomic level ordinances is a message from Russia, and their calling us stupid is a message from Russia.

The only message 80% of American's have gotten out of that was lost in McDonald's hamburgers somewhere.
    ..Oo.o~ Rights are Divine ~o.oO..

Yeah the message is that the Neocons better start backing off.
    You can be sure that Russian intelligence is keeping very close track of the Neocon plans to dominate the world. If you look at the PNAC folks, they think that we could win a nuclear war. Putin is giving them a moment of pause before they try something stupid, like attacking Iran.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    If we keep antagonizing the Russians with missile interceptors on their border, we are going to have a lot more to worry about than Putin dissolving his cabinet.
    hmmm you mean something like war on Iran??????

Quote Originally Posted by Hook View Post
    Yeah the message is that the Neocons better start backing off.
    You can be sure that Russian intelligence is keeping very close track of the Neocon plans to dominate the world. If you look at the PNAC folks, they think that we could win a nuclear war. Putin is giving them a moment of pause before they try something stupid, like attacking Iran.

Please tell putin I said thanks!

The good news is we've scared them so much the Russian Military Industrial complex is pushing for a comeback to compete with ours. I honestly don't like the idea of not having more unused military equipment to sit around for years until the next fabricated bogey man or needed mercantile protection action. I was worried for a bit there that we might have aided them directly in their economic recovery through fair trade and increased tourism. Whew! That was a close one, last thing we need is a cultural exchange with those crazy vodka drinking American song loving blue jean buying ruskies!

Better that we hate each other, really for the best.
    ..Oo.o~ Rights are Divine ~o.oO..

Quote Originally Posted by hard@work View Post
    The good news is we've scared them so much the Russian Military Industrial complex is pushing for a comeback to compete with ours. I honestly don't like the idea of not having more unused military equipment to sit around for years until the next fabricated bogey man or needed mercantile protection action. I was worried for a bit there that we might have aided them directly in their economic recovery through fair trade and increased tourism. Whew! That was a close one, last thing we need is a cultural exchange with those crazy vodka drinking American song loving blue jean buying ruskies!

Better that we hate each other, really for the best.
    Yeah, I also long for the days of mutual hatred between America and Russia. I was so disappointed by the possibility of truce between us. The world was so much simpler during the cold war.
    "We revere the Native American tradition of making choices based on what's best for the coming seven generations. And then we support more gun control, the one thing that made all the genocides and massacres of civilians throughout history possible." - Richard Roberts

Quote Originally Posted by RP4ME View Post
    Please tell putin I said thanks!
    I agree. It's sad we have to be thanking Putin, but I don't see many immediate options until the elections.