Thread: A Question About Buffett...Need Help

A Question About Buffett...Need Help

Is he, or Berkshire Hathaway, a member or have an interst in the Federal Reserve? Any help would be appreciated

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Berkshire owns much of Wells Fargo which, I believe, is a member of the Fed.

The NY Fed calls the tune and the shots. It ALWAYS has. Being a Fed "member bank" counts for nothing.

I appreciate the timely response but I recieved an email from a friend, it reads like this:

Wells Farso is not a member of the Federal Reserve System. There are 12 MEMBER regional privately-owned banks within the FED. Wells Fargo is not one of them. Then there are private banks that participate in transactions directly with the FED... they are not really "members", they are primarily labeled as "dealers". Wells Fargo is also NOT on this dealer list.

Quote Originally Posted by LT for the Truth View Post
    I appreciate the timely response but I recieved an email from a friend, it reads like this:
    From WIki.

Created in 1913 by the enactment of the Federal Reserve Act, it is a quasi-public (government entity with private components) banking system[1] that comprises (1) the presidentially appointed Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System in Washington, D.C.; (2) the Federal Open Market Committee; (3) twelve regional privately-owned Federal Reserve Banks located in major cities throughout the nation acting as fiscal agents for the U.S. Treasury, each with its own nine-member board of directors; (4) numerous other private U.S. member banks, which subscribe to required amounts of non-transferable stock in their regional Federal Reserve Banks; and (5) various advisory councils.

Quote Originally Posted by danberkeley View Post
    From WIki.

Created in 1913 by the enactment of the Federal Reserve Act, it is a quasi-public (government entity with private components) banking system[1] that comprises (1) the presidentially appointed Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System in Washington, D.C.; (2) the Federal Open Market Committee; (3) twelve regional privately-owned Federal Reserve Banks located in major cities throughout the nation acting as fiscal agents for the U.S. Treasury, each with its own nine-member board of directors; (4) numerous other private U.S. member banks, which subscribe to required amounts of non-transferable stock in their regional Federal Reserve Banks; and (5) various advisory councils.
    What do Ron, Murray and Griffin say about it?