Thread: Why is there is a Selective Service when we have an individual right to bear arms?

Why is there is a Selective Service when we have an individual right to bear arms?

An armed populace can defend the homeland from invasion. In fact that is one of the reasons it exists.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Because it only selects those not exempt from having to defend their countries. In an ideal world all would be available to be called to action. If there truly was a threat, why wouldn't we commit every resource at it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ex Post Facto View Post
    Because it only selects those not exempt from having to defend their countries. In an ideal world all would be available to be called to action. If there truly was a threat, why wouldn't we commit every resource at it?
    If anyone invaded our country, I would grab a gun and shoot the invaders if they came into my community. I know you would as well.

Just in case you MIGHT decide to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    An armed populace can defend the homeland from invasion. In fact that is one of the reasons it exists.
    According to Wikipedia.org:

"The Selective Service System serves at least two purposes. It is the means by which the United States administers military conscription. It entails registering all males between the ages of 18 and 26 with the system for the purpose of having information available about potential soldiers in the event of war. Registration for Selective Service is also required by certain U.S. departments, before one's application for employment may be considered."

I'm sure most of us realize the actions of the Selective Service is unconstitutional. We are born "Free." This freedom is given to us by our creator, not given to us by a government. Therefore, we are free to choose to fight or not fight as we see fit.

FF

Because the state likes to defend our country "over there"
    I ignore the fact that RP's take back the GOP strategy is working. I ignore the fact that RP accomplished more from his 2008 GOP run than he ever has before. I ignore the fact that 3rd party candidates lose and are a joke to voters. I ignore all this b/c I have an arousing fantasy where RP runs 3rd party in 2012, magically polls at 15%, magically is allowed in the debates, and then magically wins the election. Trust me, it'll work this time.
    - The naive attitude of too many RPF members

Well lets see... The government steals from, murders, kidnaps, and imprisons innocent people on a daily basis. Is it really surprising that they enslave innocent people as well? Of course not. Your answer is, they are criminals. Criminals act only to enrich themselves and their friends.
    No one can speak for me. No man is above me. None may exercise authority over me while I stand on my own property. The only valid law is the Natural Law discoverable by every man's ability to reason.

Why is there Selective Service when involuntary servitude is illegal?
    Knowledge will forever govern ignorance; and a people who mean to be their own governors must arm themselves with the power which knowledge gives. -James Madison

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by James Madison View Post
    Why is there Selective Service when involuntary servitude is illegal?
    Just in case you don't choose to "volunteer", kinda like with the "voluntary" income tax ( extortion ) part time slavery.

Anyone beginning to see the patterns here?