Thread: Tagline at CNN

Tagline at CNN

I got caught clicking on a headline at CNN, talking about Jindal being "the rising star" of the GOP (I wonder if it was Jindal's staff itself that paid them to say this, or the GOP, but that's another point).

Next to his picture, in the four bullets it gives for a description, here are the last two:

First Indian-American governor among potential 2012 GOP presidential candidates
    Experts think 37-year-old Jindal could help GOP appeal to younger voters
    So, In the interest of fairness, CNN should now start adding to any story featuring Ron Paul that he is "among potential 2012 GOP presidential candidates." And "Turnout proves that 75-year-old Paul appeals to younger voters despite being GOP"

Think we could get a little help, CNN, could we be taken seriously?

No?

(This also proves the importance of having a "media liaison" that can PLANT the seeds of "electability" early)

__________________________________________________ _________________________________________

AHH! I took time to scroll through (not read) the article:

A recent CNN/Opinion Research Corporation survey indicates that Mike Huckabee and Sarah Palin top the list of potential 2012 Republican presidential hopefuls, attracting about one-third of Republicans and independents who lean toward the GOP, from among those surveyed. The survey is an early measure of possible support, not a horse-race snapshot.

Jindal, falling behind former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, former House Speaker Newt Gingrich and former New York Mayor Rudy Giuliani, grabbed the backing of 19 percent. Florida Gov. Charlie Crist drew 7 percent.

They're already Polling, and Paul isn't offered as a G-D option.

Fury.

F-ing fury.

I hope AC chokes on Blitzer's cream.
    Last edited by mczerone; 02-23-2009 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Added the "Poll results"
    "You cannot solve these problems with war." - Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Did anybody else think that Slumdog Millionaire was kinda lame?

I mean, I have to say from a technical aspect it was pretty well done.. it just seems like they exploited the Millionaire thing to keep everybody's attention... and then they all broke out into dance at the end when the credits started rolling, like the slumdog millionaire dance is going to be the next big thing.. and now they are trying to pitch an Indian American as a potential GOP candidate to capture the youth?? And they put the article out the day after Slumdog wins Motion Picture of the year and a bunch of other Academy Awards?? Geeez.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

My guess is that they're trying to find any "alternative" candidate that has potential to ring in the "youth votes."
    [Jeremy] zach is a typical racist from WV
    [CaseyJones] zach is hiding the fact that he is reptilian
    In 2012, 3rd party chatrooms will take over RPF Main Chat:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpos...69&postcount=1

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

I mean, I have to say from a technical aspect it was pretty well done.. it just seems like they exploited the Millionaire thing to keep everybody's attention... and then they all broke out into dance at the end when the credits started rolling, like the slumdog millionaire dance is going to be the next big thing.. and now they are trying to pitch an Indian American as a potential GOP candidate to capture the youth?? And they put the article out the day after Slumdog wins Motion Picture of the year and a bunch of other Academy Awards?? Geeez.
    There were too many green beans in my Chicken Pot Pie tonight.

ETA: Oh, sorry, I finished your post and saw an actual point, I thought we were just responding without purpose for comedic effect.
    "You cannot solve these problems with war." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post

The ending credits were just there to appease the Bollywood culture, which is a big part of South Asia. I thought it was neat, because like any other Indian movie, if they had been speckled across the whole movie, they would have poisoned the plot, pacing and extended the duration of the movie, making the LOTR trilogy seem like a blink of an eye in comparison. imo ofcourse

Bobby Jindal and Slumdog Millionaire has both been overplayed. The bubble is bursting.