Thread: #th Amendment

#th Amendment

Out of curiosity, if I started several threads in the U.S. Constitution forums (However, I would prefer someone with far more knowledge than what I have, but either way), would this be a decent way to start these threads?

One: No conversations, no discussions, only questions in which the reader woulud need to read the information given to make up his own mind. (Sorry for the poor wording, my body is shaking like a leaf and my brain isn't functioning 100%)

Anyway, it would look something like this....

Question :
    Ask a single question?
    Or more questions?

Definition
    If there is a simple definition write it, else a link.

Links :
    somewhere on the internet that gives a decent explanation to the question.
    A quoted link/s from another thread that is prudent for the question.
    pro: url Some argument for /url
    con: url Some argument against /url

Notes :
    Any extra information. This would be a good place for explaining/links to explanations of how this particular question might be answered in more than one Amendment. Such as Bill #### pertains to this question, etc...

Question :
    etc... For other questions...

Such as one question that I've asked and am in the process of looking up...

Question :
    What constitutes a religion?
    Who/what defines what a religion is?

Links
    None

Anyway, basically, something like creating homework for anyone viewing this sight, or using this site to be able to read up on information about the constitution in a more layered/informed manner. As long as it's kept fairly simple, such as don't ask 100 questions and post 1000 links, 1 to 3 questions, which pertain to at least the subject of the first question, and only a few links, less than 15, unless there are a lot of pro's and con's.

Well, I've lost my train of thought...Well, hopefully someone can make heads or tails of what I said here....

<Edit>
    Just forgot to mention, that I'd like there to be a seperate thread started for each Amendment. Try to keep it as simple as possible...
    Last edited by EgwaTlvdatsi; 02-23-2009 at 11:11 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My suggestion: Just start with the Bill of Rights ( 1 - 10 ) and see how it goes.

Sorry , I can't make sense of that post.
    Are you asking a question?
    Are you asking advice?

Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

...May be fine and dandy if I could remember everything I read, and find every piece of info I can, but alas, it is fairly difficult to remember every fine detail...However, it was just an idea for the moment. Trying to organize what/how/where to read about the what/when/why/reason.

Quote Originally Posted by pcosmar View Post
    Sorry , I can't make sense of that post.
    Are you asking a question?
    Are you asking advice?
    Sorry, whenever I get these bloody shakes my brain goes with them...Ha ha, the backspace is my friend when I get like this, ha ha...

Anyway...While trying to understand more about the BoR and the Constitution, I've been thrown around like a rag doll. Reading this, reading that, goto Reading this.

Dang...I lost my train of thought again...SOB...Ok, ok...Just to simplify it...Many people went through school to learn about politics, however, most people have not. Therefore, having a question and read up series of threads might be helpful in creating a school like environment in order to read about particular elements. Thus being able to answer the question with what you know, rather than having the question answered for you by someone else...Such as if I'm browsing through the 1st Amendment thread and find a question that I'd be curious about, thus I could go through the links provided to get an understanding of the question stated, or whatever...

Sorry, can't do any better than that...Um...Probably just forget this for the time being...I'll think about it and try to word it better if I can...

Well there are several sites that explore various questions.
    For a basic understanding , just read them. It was written in plain English.
    There are many threads here where the concepts are discussed and debated, but mostly it is plain and simple. It says what it says.

A site that I like with a wealth of information,
    http://www.constitution.org/
    Last edited by pcosmar; 02-23-2009 at 12:19 PM.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom