View Poll Results: When will hyperinflation hit USA?

Voters
82. You may not vote on this poll
  • By end of 2009

17 20.73%
  • By end of 2010

31 37.80%
  • By end of 2011

11 13.41%
  • By end of 2012

3 3.66%
  • After 2012

3 3.66%
  • Hyperinflation will not happen in the near future

17 20.73%

Thread: When will hyperinflation hit USA?

When will hyperinflation hit USA?

deleted
    Last edited by sam9657; 02-17-2009 at 11:57 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I know everyone's definition of hyperinflation is different, but let just assume hyperinflation means very high inflation.

but a plurality think it won't happen at all?? whaaaat?

In 2 hours.

No, I doubt hyperinflation will actually hit. What we have to worry about is a useless dollar and inflation going back to where it was. The Fed seems to like slow steady inflation that it can deny. Hyperinflation would make everyone realize their is too much inflation and they'd have to take action.

Quote Originally Posted by nick.mccann View Post
    The Fed seems to like slow steady inflation that it can deny. Hyperinflation would make everyone realize their is too much inflation and they'd have to take action.
    You seem to think they still have it all under control. I sincerely doubt that they do. The signs seems to indicate otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

In 2 hours.

No, I doubt hyperinflation will actually hit. What we have to worry about is a useless dollar and inflation going back to where it was.
    Useless dollar = hyperinflation

The Fed seems to like slow steady inflation that it can deny. Hyperinflation would make everyone realize their is too much inflation and they'd have to take action.
    If they "like slow steady inflation," why did they just dump a hyperinflated quantity of currency into the market?? They can't have any control over prices after they've done what they've already done with the money supply. Whether the Fed "likes" it or not, this is the situation they've created.

Once the decoupling of the dollar peg takes place, then it WILL be HYPERINFLATION. Now its not a garuantee that countries will decouple, but i believe they will eventually. After they keep dumping money into our treasuries and realize that we still arent going to recover, no matter how much money we throw at the problem, we will see asia and the middle east changing there 'investment' strategy.

I voted sometime in 2010.

1st quarter 2010, its going to take time for the IMF to restructure the SDR into gold backed SDR. We'll be hearing more and more news about this in the coming weeks. We are on our way to 1 world currency. Forget the Amero.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crash Martinez View Post
    but a plurality think it won't happen at all?? whaaaat?
    This is impossible, ALL fiat currencies end in hyperinflation. So it is not a matter of if but when.

Hyperinflation as in needing 100 dollar bills for a loaf of bread? 2012 or later.. but major major inflation- like 10 dollar loaves of bread? By the end of 2010..

A lot of it really depends on the middle east and when they dump the dollar.. with the low low prices of gas we are bankrupting the oil nations- their budgets are in the negative because they NEED oil at certain prices to sustain their own budgets. (each country has different price needs).. but with oil staying this low, it's inevitable- they'll HAVE to dump the dollar for self preservation. When that happens the pace of inflation will skyrocket.. the plug will have been pulled.

You also have the question of when will all this money we've been creating since Sept. trickle down into mainstreet? By the time it actually trickles down with Obama in office we'll have created EVEN MORE money.. it will be a run away train by the time inflation rears it's ugly head to the masses.. there will be no stopping it then.

So I'm voting by the end of 2010..

It normally takes about one year for an increase in the money supply to be reflected in price inflation. Since the money supply doubled late last year, I would say that we should see about 100% inflation by December this year or January of next year. It may come a bit later, as the banks are sitting on much of that money, effectively delaying the start time. That's why I put by the end of 2010.

It could easily happen sooner, especially if foreigners dump dollars at any point.

Quote Originally Posted by tmosley View Post
    It normally takes about one year for an increase in the money supply to be reflected in price inflation. Since the money supply doubled late last year, I would say that we should see about 100% inflation by December this year or January of next year. It may come a bit later, as the banks are sitting on much of that money, effectively delaying the start time. That's why I put by the end of 2010.

It could easily happen sooner, especially if foreigners dump dollars at any point.
    That sounds about right, I think.

i think we will begin to see inflation get its kickoff sometime this summer as thats when gas prices will rise (as they always do that time of the year). the really big blows will start to launch beginning of 2010; and end up in hyperinflation by 2011. IMHO

Quote Originally Posted by sam9657 View Post
    This is impossible, ALL fiat currencies end in hyperinflation. So it is not a matter of if but when.
    Can you list every fiat currency in the 20th Century and which ones have experienced hyperinflation? It is the exception- not the norm.

JenHH has been listening to too much Lindsay Williams. According to him, the Middle East would already be bankrupt (within three weeks of oil going to $50 a barrel he said). But they are not.

http://www.businessdictionary.com/de...inflation.html
    hyperinflation

Definition
    Ruinously high increase (50 percent or more per month) in prices due to the near total collapse of a country's monetary system, rendering its currency almost worthless as a medium of exchange. Although hyperinflation is caused mainly by excessive deficit spending (financed by printing more money) by a government, some economists believe that social breakdown leads to hyperinflation (not vice versa), and that its roots lie in political rather than economic causes. The longest lasting (15 months) hyperinflation occurred in Germany between August 1922 and November 1923 (in the aftermath of first World War) during which prices rose at an average rate of 322 percent per month, and sometimes doubled or even trebled in a single day.
    People here tend to overuse the term hyperinflation.

Quote Originally Posted by tmosley View Post

I think this^, but maybe not at that high of a rate. Also gold leads inflation by a year, and with golds recent run up, its further proof for early 2010.