Thread: 401K Discussion Thread.

401K Discussion Thread.

So how many are still dumping money in their 401k?

I have been thinking to stop throwing my money at it or change how i invest it?

So i was thinking to start a thread to talk about what people are doing these days with their 401k plans.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    depends on the amount of corporate matching you receive. As long as your money put it is being matched at a high %, I'd think putting into the 401K is still a wise investment. Nowhere can you put in a dollar and immediately have it turn into $1.50 or higher.

Contributing any amount above what is matched doesn't make sense right now.

Of course, the matching dollars must be large enough to give you a net gain based on your investment decisions.

as far as investment choices, bonds are a safe place, one of the only safe places. There are probably others as well depending on your plan choices.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.

I am in my 401k up to the matching amount. Unfortunately there are not any great options for me to park this investment so I picked the one which looks safest. My 401k is a small part of my overall investment strategy so I am not too worried.
    Insanity should be defined as trusting the government to solve a problem they caused in the first place. Please do not go insane!

I am not contributing to mine currently, though I may start again soon. I converted what I had to the cd and bond options months ago to hold value, and as soon as I think either the market has dropped all it's going to or the fate of the dollar is sealed and imminent, I will move it back to stocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    There's not a liberty lover on the planet who isn't called a liberal by the right, and a con by the left.

I'm still putting money in it. I have always believed that it would be a good thing for the markets to crash while I'm young, so that I would accumulate more shares through regular contributions. I just don't want the management expenses to eat up the returns.