Thread: Did Obama copy Schiff word for word in his press conference yesterday!?!

Did Obama copy Schiff word for word in his press conference yesterday!?!

It appears President Obama cribbed these words from the "Peter Schiff was Right" video. Look at this from the transcript:

"Now, you are making a legitimate point, Chuck, about the fact that our savings rate has declined and this economy has been driven by consumer spending for a very long time -- and that's not going to be sustainable. You know, if all we're doing is spending and we're not making things, then over time other countries are going to get tired of lending us money and eventually the party is going to be over. Well, in fact, the party now is over. " http://www.politico.com/news/stories...654_Page6.html

Compare that to the video @4:55 !!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I0QN-FYkpw#t=4m55s

Who else would say the "The party is over" in the context of consumer spending and foreign lending. I certainly can't think of anyone but Peter Schiff ....wow!

Update here's the youtube of the press conference @27:50 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlqH83JxAw8#t=27m50s
    Last edited by Chieftain1776; 02-10-2009 at 01:19 PM.
    "We took it in the shorts with Bush-Cheney, the Iraq War, and by sacrificing fiscal responsibility to hold power.”
    ~John Boehner, GOP Minority Leader

"Take out all this movement stuff. There is no movement.... Look, I know this probably sounds arrogant to say but I redefined the Republican Party." ~President George W. Bush to speechwriter

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, I can tell you it wouldn't be the first time Obama jacked someone else's words.
    Beware of these Obama supporters: ProBlue33, newbitech, libertarian4321, Kade, Electronicmajji, SeanEdwards,

Quote Originally Posted by Chieftain1776 View Post
    It appears President Obama cribbed these words from the "Peter Schiff was Right" video. Look at this from the transcript:

"Now, you are making a legitimate point, Chuck, about the fact that our savings rate has declined and this economy has been driven by consumer spending for a very long time -- and that's not going to be sustainable. You know, if all we're doing is spending and we're not making things, then over time other countries are going to get tired of lending us money and eventually the party is going to be over. Well, in fact, the party now is over. " http://www.politico.com/news/stories...654_Page6.html

Compare that to the video @4:55 !!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I0QN-FYkpw#t=4m55s

Who else would say the "The party is over" in the context of consumer spending and foreign lending. I certainly can't think of anyone but Peter Schiff ....wow!
    using 4 vague words is "word for word"

George W Bush has said "the party is over" before in regards to wall street. I wouldn't look into this too much.

No. Obama's 20 speech/staff writers watch all of Schiff's success and used the points to make the ORACLE of OPTIMISM OBAMA look fiscally intelligent.

The most effective mechanisms that will work... don;t forget the team of people had 2 weeks to put all this together for BO.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

Who else would say the "The party is over" in the context of consumer spending and linking it to foreign lenders. I certainly can't think of anyone but Peter Schiff.

And who else has been pounding the drum about foreign creditors and consumer spending. Even those in the "Austrian" community think Schiff was going overboard talking about deficits and foreign lending. Also the reporter didn't even bring up foreign lenders... Obama did. I think it's definitely possible the tech savvy Obama saw the video and may even be paying attention to Peter Schiff's criticism.

Note that he actually rejects the overspending criticism as the cause at the beginning of the answer to the reporter...so he's probably looking at different arguments....

Just say'in....
    "We took it in the shorts with Bush-Cheney, the Iraq War, and by sacrificing fiscal responsibility to hold power.”
    ~John Boehner, GOP Minority Leader

"Take out all this movement stuff. There is no movement.... Look, I know this probably sounds arrogant to say but I redefined the Republican Party." ~President George W. Bush to speechwriter

Big deal. I bet Obama didn't even realize he said that.
    I ignore the fact that RP's take back the GOP strategy is working. I ignore the fact that RP accomplished more from his 2008 GOP run than he ever has before. I ignore the fact that 3rd party candidates lose and are a joke to voters. I ignore all this b/c I have an arousing fantasy where RP runs 3rd party in 2012, magically polls at 15%, magically is allowed in the debates, and then magically wins the election. Trust me, it'll work this time.
    - The naive attitude of too many RPF members

It's called "co-opting" -- you steal and use the words/phrases of your opponents and distort them, in the end this guts the meaning of the words and obfuscates everything so that [virtually] no one knows which way is up or down.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Right, because "the party is over" is such an original phrase.

What on earth makes think you Obama listens to Schiff? If he did, maybe we wouldn't be screwing ourselves more and more by the day.

Quote Originally Posted by WRellim View Post
    It's called "co-opting" -- you steal and use the words/phrases of your opponents and distort them, in the end this guts the meaning of the words and obfuscates everything so that [virtually] no one knows which way is up or down.
    huckabee is the master of stealing ron pauls issues
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

Actually if you look back over the past year you can see how Obama has mimicked Ron Paul on Countless occasions... including the Money Bombs. He saw where Ron Paul was successful and Hijacked his and the grassroots ideas and statements. Nothing about Obama is original....
    Last edited by Gin; 02-10-2009 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jake View Post
    George W Bush has said "the party is over" before in regards to wall street. I wouldn't look into this too much.

Then AIG showed how to throw a party on the taxpayers dime.
    CNN = Communist News Network