Thread: Ruin Your Health With the Obama Stimulus Plan - by Betsy McCaughey

Ruin Your Health With the Obama Stimulus Plan - by Betsy McCaughey

http://www.hudson.org/index.cfm?fuse...etails&id=6010

The bill’s health rules will affect “every individual in the United States” (445, 454, 479). Your medical treatments will be tracked electronically by a federal system. Having electronic medical records at your fingertips, easily transferred to a hospital, is beneficial. It will help avoid duplicate tests and errors.

But the bill goes further. One new bureaucracy, the National Coordinator of Health Information Technology, will monitor treatments to make sure your doctor is doing what the federal government deems appropriate and cost effective. The goal is to reduce costs and “guide” your doctor’s decisions (442, 446). These provisions in the stimulus bill are virtually identical to what Daschle prescribed in his 2008 book, “Critical: What We Can Do About the Health-Care Crisis.” According to Daschle, doctors have to give up autonomy and “learn to operate less like solo practitioners.”
    Am I the only one upset about this? I keep hearing about insurance companies gaining access. I can't believe that either!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by jackers View Post
    Bump
    Bumping after 20 minutes?

Iceland instituted such a system in 1999. Very comprehensive and yes, available to private companies. At least they were up front with that part. Of course another selling point was that it would provide management information to streamline health services. This is just being sold the other way around. I'm not shocked. It's just more of the power grab.

The DeCODE Proposal for an Icelandic Health Database

Ooooh! I'm starting to feel like a HTT European now.

XNN
    "They sell us the president the same way they sell us our clothes and our cars. They sell us every thing from youth to religion the same time they sell us our wars. I want to know who the men in the shadows are. I want to hear somebody asking them why. They can be counted on to tell us who our enemies are but theyre never the ones to fight or to die." - Jackson Browne Lives In The Balance

And we know our records will be safe, just ask the FAA employees who's social security numbers and names were recently hacked.
    Insanity should be defined as trusting the government to solve a problem they caused in the first place. Please do not go insane!