Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions and constructive criticisms for the new CFL site

Thumbs up Suggestions and constructive criticisms for the new CFL site

There's no sense in overwhelming the CFL web team with suggestions on opening day, so let's talk amongst ourselves for a while, and refine some ideas into solid proposals. Also, tiny tweaks and minor fixes can be posted here as well.

Random rants about the web site can be posted in other threads; I'd like this thread to actually be a resource for the web team.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    On http://www.campaignforliberty.com/nominate.php?c=DC and http://www.campaignforliberty.com/nominate.php?c=SC, the verbiage at the top is the same as it is for http://www.campaignforliberty.com/nominate.php?c=CC:

"If your county doesn't have a coordinator, we'd like your help in finding the right person for the task. Please submit your recommendations, and a coordinator at the next level up will review the recommendation and make a decision as possible."

I think it would be awesome if the site had a way for people to select their state/district and find a list of CFL candidates running for any office in an upcoming election - whether local, state or federal.

On http://www.campaignforliberty.com/pr...ers.php?task=1 the item labeled "Each precinct has a specific location where its residents go to vote, called a polling station. Where is the polling station for your precinct? Please include name of location and the complete address." has a small text field. This should be a textarea at a minimum, if you want the full address.

Also, it would be nice to automatically link to my state's polling place finder web site.

On our Profiles, we should be able to have a big list of checkboxes for our skills and abilities, with a text field by each for specific information. For example:

[x] Web development [_I know PHP, MySQL, ..._______________]
    [x] Copy editing [_____________________]
    [ ] etc.

This way, CFL would be able to build a list of members with certain abilities, which could then be tapped for upcoming projects.

I haven't had much time to look at the site. I do, however, want to ask you guys to consider putting in the action alert message something like " Don't just call once. Keep calling them!"

• Terra Eclipse
    • More polished calender features
    • Ability to edit congressional district
    • Better navigation system
    • Updated 'states' page; map is ugly
    tu ne cede malis

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Kovaciny View Post
    On our Profiles, we should be able to have a big list of checkboxes for our skills and abilities, with a text field by each for specific information. For example:

[x] Web development [_I know PHP, MySQL, ..._______________]
    [x] Copy editing [_____________________]
    [ ] etc.

This way, CFL would be able to build a list of members with certain abilities, which could then be tapped for upcoming projects.

Excellent idea, Jonathan.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
    —Charles Mackay

"god i fucking wanna rip his balls off and offer them to the gods"
    -Anonymous

On http://www.campaignforliberty.com/co....php?mode=area, it says:

Pending Contacts (yours)
    No contacts in process.

Pending Contacts (their's)
    No contacts in process.
    Their's is over-apo'strophed.

Also, it'd be nice if it didn't add #. to every URL. Why does it do that?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Kovaciny View Post
    On http://www.campaignforliberty.com/co....php?mode=area, it says:

Their's is over-apo'strophed.

Also, it'd be nice if it didn't add #. to every URL. Why does it do that?
    Yeah, makes me have to hit the back button twice.
    tu ne cede malis

On http://www.campaignforliberty.com/pr...ers.php?task=1, it asks some questions that don't really make sense to be filled out in each precinct, but instead could be filled out at the county level or higher.

Most of the questions could be answered with a dropdown menu with all of the possible selections available. For example, "What State House District are you in? Who is your state representative, and what is his or her contact information?" should just be "Select your state House District:" and then the representative's name and a link to their web site would appear.

Exclamation Strongly encourage very clear guidelines

at the beginning of each thread. This is likely my very last time on the RPForums because of the--forgive my honest reporting--low class, misogynous, vile-looking and sounding, four and five letter words, and the ugly name-calling, and vulgar terms. The B. Barr bashing showed me free enterprise in the USA. Forum users are free to use limited, trashy vocabulary in conducting their conversations, and their lack of consideration for others chased me away. I cannot waste my life on crap, $#@!, $#@!, damn, turd, hell, $#@!, douche bag, retarded moustache writing. Our enemies must love such ignorance and ranting.

Ron Paul asked for people to use "respect" in several of his speeches. I'd like to see that noted on the website. (Sorry, my technical skill re: computers is nil.) Thanks.

Hey Guys - Just wanted to let y'all know that we are listening and reading these suggestions. A lot of these things are already on the list. The fact we have a small staff working on a lot of projects means we didn't have time to do all of the beta testing we would have liked to, so your input is HUGE. Please keep it coming and keep it constructive. Please feel free to PM me if you have an opinion or idea you would like to share privately. I will forward all to the web team.

Right now priority one is security. I am going to be focusing on improving the state pages and map so stay tuned...

Quote Originally Posted by mellamojuana View Post
    I cannot waste my life on crap, $#@!, $#@!, damn, turd, hell, $#@!, douche bag, retarded moustache writing. Our enemies must love such ignorance and ranting.
    and yet here you are wasting your life on "crap, $#@!, $#@!, damn, turd, hell, $#@!, douche bag, retarded moustache?"

^your words, not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Right now priority one is security. I am going to be focusing on improving the state pages and map so stay tuned...
    Don? Don.

Bro, c'mon.
    Dude, I'm rich! Check out this tin can! Uber wealth, ftw!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The precinct walk lists should be with the free membership. This keeps those who can't afford the membership fee from doing the actual legwork. Not to mention the precinct program for RonPaul2008.com which was free didn't drum up enough effort except from us that were committed to it. I was the only one in my parish.

My suggestion... donations only
    I AINT PAYIN $#@!Z! espicially with a credit card.
    Ná bris reacht is ná déan reacht

"We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately."
    "Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor liberty to purchase power."
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
    Benjamin Franklin

DOWNLOAD PEERGUARDIAN! Block Government trackers!

An overseas area maybe. And some way you can get in contact; search for those in it.
    “I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard.” ~ William Lloyd Garrison

Quote Originally Posted by TGGRV View Post
    Conza, why do you even bother? lol.
    Worthy Threads:

links to other liberty minded websites

Minor bug: On http://www.campaignforliberty.org/co....php?mode=area, in the Coordinators sidebar, clicking My County county profile is 404'd because my county's name has a space in it. Just gotta do a quick str_replace on that to drop the spaces out of the link.

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    Hey Guys - Just wanted to let y'all know that we are listening and reading these suggestions. A lot of these things are already on the list. The fact we have a small staff working on a lot of projects means we didn't have time to do all of the beta testing we would have liked to, so your input is HUGE. Please keep it coming and keep it constructive. Please feel free to PM me if you have an opinion or idea you would like to share privately. I will forward all to the web team.

terra eclipse

On the Precinct Leadership page, do we seriously have to wait a month between tasks?

October: Better know your precinct

November: Get our known supporters re-identified and back on board

December: Get involved in your precinct

January: Voter survey

Some graphic design changes I'd suggest:
    The background - the brushed aluminum just looks out of place.
    The shadowing around the content pane is just too much and too dark.
    The image across the top doesn't look like it fits real well... that needs some work.
    The red and blue title bars, button bars, and content panes are too bright. I know they were trying to match it with the colors used in the Campaign for Liberty logo, but as it is, it is distracting from the actual content. Those colors need to be washed out or lightened up a little. Actually, now that I look at it more closely, the reds and blues used within the site are much brighter than the reds and blues used in the logo.
    "No matter how noble you try to make it, your good intentions will not compensate for the mistakes that people make; that want to run
    our lives and run the economy, and reject the principles of private property and making up our own decisions for ourselves." -Ron Paul

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    On http://www.campaignforliberty.org/calendar.php, why do the date fields default to December 31?

Also, when I submitted an event with an error (no description or an invalid date) it didn't remember what I had put in for the date and time.

Community features

Would be nice to have a section that show-cases recently updated blogs, friends list, other social networking tools etc.

Also I'd like to have a way of editing my information (i entered the incorrect congressional district).

I would like to be able to pay my dues and/or make donations via bank draft. This would save CFL a lot of money in credit card fees, and I'm sure a lot of people would set up auto-debits for recurring donations.

On http://www.campaignforliberty.org/qna.php, the voting really needs to be AJAX-based, instead of 1) click radio button, 2) click Submit, 3) wait for page reload, 4) scroll back down to where you were.

I wouldn't mind a "Videos" page. Preferrably arranged by:

Debates
    Interviews
    Speeches
    Fan-Made

Quote Originally Posted by MRoCkEd View Post
    terra eclipse
    Dear God please yes.
    Disclaimer
    Nothing I post is the official stance of the US Air Force. I am speaking as an individual under my first amendment rights.

Change for the sake of change but not doing the right thing is pure folly. Our Revolution must prevail. And it will!
    Ron Paul

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast