Thread: Can we be realistic?

Can we be realistic?

I think taking over congress is a great goal, but not realistic. It's too costly and takes way too much time. In some cases taking a US House set here and there would be great, of course.

Realistically, we need to take over our states. The Federal Government is going to go belly up. We need voices in our states. Run for mayor or city council. Run for your state house spot. Run for state senate. Run for county sheriff.

In your city council pass a statue directing local police and sheriff to abide by the constitution and not to enforce stupid federal statues.

We can make a difference.
    " Anyone can become angry. That is easy. But to be angry with the right person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose and in the right way - that is not easy." --Aristotle

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by american.swan View Post
    I think taking over congress is a great goal, but not realistic. It's too costly and takes way too much time. In some cases taking a US House set here and there would be great, of course.

Realistically, we need to take over our states. The Federal Government is going to go belly up. We need voices in our states. Run for mayor or city council. Run for your state house spot. Run for state senate. Run for county sheriff.

In your city council pass a statue directing local police and sheriff to abide by the constitution and not to enforce stupid federal statues.

You must not have an understanding of how the system works.

#1 : Senate has a term of 6 years where the house is every 2 years

#2 : do you know how many city councils seats there are?

#3 : If you look at the constitution of every state all Sherriff pledge and OATH to defend and uphold the consitution what is passing a statute going to do?

#4 : Do you think we believe we can take all 435 seats in the house in 2010? NO we don't believe that but we need to take as many seats as possible.

#5 : Why is someone from South Korea dictating what we should or shouldn't do? No disrespect intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamer View Post
    #1 : Senate has a term of 6 years where the house is every 2 years

#2 : do you know how many city councils seats there are?

#3 : If you look at the constitution of every state all Sherriff pledge and OATH to defend and uphold the consitution what is passing a statute going to do?

#4 : Do you think we believe we can take all 435 seats in the house in 2010? NO we don't believe that but we need to take as many seats as possible.

#5 : Why is someone from South Korea dictating what we should or shouldn't do? No disrespect intended.
    1. Nothing to the contrary was argued by the OP.

2. A lot, which means we are more likely to take more. 500 council seats is far superior to 0 senators or 0 presidents.

3. The OP seems to be expecting a SHTF scenario. I think we'll just see the government forced to correct their spending/expenditure. We're in for some rough times, but I believe the federal government will be forced to correct itself while we have local officials representing and spreading "liberty" and ready to take over when the federal government needs to relieve itself of duties.

4. "As many as possible" is vague. We need to focus on one or two total federal candidates and spend the rest of the money on local offices so that resources aren't wasted as some were this time around. We don't have the numbers for a "Revolution". We're a ripple. We need to keep slowly increasing in strength until we are an enormous rogue wave. To try and topple a ship now would waste our momentum.

5. I know him as a very intelligent and caring American living in South Korea for the time being. More suggestion than dictation.

I concur the focus should be on local races (perhaps, along with supporting the moves of multiple states to declare their sovereignty), but the same rules apply for success. the RP/liberty candidates should run either for the Democratic or Republican nominations for OPEN seats depending on which way the districts vote, not try to run against entrenched incumbents.

They need to raise the normal money victorious campaigns raise, and build the normal sized voting blocs winners raise. Since most PACs support a larger warfare or welfare state on one issue or another, an alternative method must be created to financially sustain the liberty candidates and incumbents in ongoing election cycles. The resulting bank of local liberty incumbents then becomes the movement's immediate pool for running RP people for higher office.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Run for county sheriff.

This is all we need.
    http://constitutionallawenforcementassoc.blogspot.com/
    The County Sheriff:The Ultimate Check & Balance
    R[∃vo˩]ution

I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. -Ronald Reagan

Welcome to reality, at least concerning D.C. . It's a start.

Quote Originally Posted by hillertexas View Post
    This is all we need.
    This post is right on. I have been posting this kind of info on this forum for almost two years. People wont even read it.

WE, can put the federal reserve and the federal shadow government out of business by doing just 3 things. This can all happen in a just a couple of years, 4 at the most.

1. Make sure your sheriff is elected not appointed. If it is appointed, take it back and correct it. Run someone for Sheriff that meets with Sheriff Mack and agrees to REALLY support the constitution.

2. Run for or control who runs for city council seats......folks, this and the Sheriff is where ALL the power is.

3. After completing steps one and two, now take over the county in the same manner. The next step will be taking over the State.

This is how they have done it, now get out there and take it back. Once this has been done, the fed gov and fed res. will dry up and blow away because all their money (power ) will be cut off at the root.

Quote Originally Posted by fedup100 View Post
    This post is right on. I have been posting this kind of info on this forum for almost two years. People wont even read it.

WE, can put the federal reserve and the federal shadow government out of business by doing just 3 things. This can all happen in a just a couple of years, 4 at the most.

1. Make sure your sheriff is elected not appointed. If it is appointed, take it back and correct it. Run someone for Sheriff that meets with Sheriff Mack and agrees to REALLY support the constitution.

2. Run for or control who runs for city council seats......folks, this and the Sheriff is where ALL the power is.

3. After completing steps one and two, now take over the county in the same manner. The next step will be taking over the State.

This is how they have done it, now get out there and take it back. Once this has been done, the fed gov and fed res. will dry up and blow away because all their money (power ) will be cut off at the root.
    right-$#@!ING-on! I have been spamming this concept myself. This is the achilles heel of our enemy.
    Last edited by hillertexas; 02-07-2009 at 11:27 AM.
    R[∃vo˩]ution

I believe the very heart and soul of conservatism is libertarianism. -Ronald Reagan

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

How about a Constitution Party/Libertarian Party alliance for 2012.

I mean we can still both have our own parties but why not work on getting both parties on the ballots in all 50 states.

Then have a candidate that gets Ron Paul's, the Constitution Party's and the Libertarian Party's endorsements.

Even if many states seccede... a new nation will look to these 3 to set up an anti-Globalist republic.

Just an idea when you consider these clips.

part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fn6RYSk8G4E
    part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yxky...eature=related
    part 3 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N95pg...eature=related
    part 4 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFyUxsIiFVk

this is all about defending states rights against a power-hungry federal government - one that is becoming increasingly marxist to boot.

This project creates that alliance since we are non-partisan.
    Sincerely,
    Raymond D. Powell
    Founder, New Dawn Project
    Head Geek, Startbutton.com

Quote Originally Posted by hillertexas View Post
    This is all we need.
    That was the most interesting thing I've read all week I think.

Thanks!!
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

VERY well stated!

You're absolutely correct - we can bang our heads against the wall and spend untold amounts of resources trying to elect one or two people who have a semi-realistic shot at national office, or we can start at the grassroots level and start getting a decently sized presence in state assemblies and local sheriff's offices...

The really important thing to keep in mind here is that the state-level representatives and senators, mayors, councilmen, and the like of TODAY will be the same politicians who, (after they get some name recognition and backing) will be making realistic shots and national offices in the near future.

If anyone here has not yet checked out Ron Paul's "Campaign for Liberty" I would strongly recommend that you give them a look: www.campaignforliberty.com

The C4L site is in the process of setting up networks of people across the entire U.S. who will be politically active and work hard in upcoming elections to get "Ron Paul style" freedom loving politicians elected in the future.

I dunno, man. Maybe Senate seats are a bit out of reach, but how many voters would it take to capture a seat in House of Representatives? In the district I have my eye on, it would have taken a quarter-million in the last election. Since the turnout was only 40% in the last off-year election, I might need only 100,000 in 2010. Heck, that's doable.

Quote Originally Posted by Gene51 View Post
    I dunno, man. Maybe Senate seats are a bit out of reach, but how many voters would it take to capture a seat in House of Representatives? In the district I have my eye on, it would have taken a quarter-million in the last election. Since the turnout was only 40% in the last off-year election, I might need only 100,000 in 2010. Heck, that's doable.
    Welcome to the forum, Gene!
    R[∃vo˩]ution

...lest we forget District Attorney and J.P., city and county attorneys as well.
    Dude, I'm rich! Check out this tin can! Uber wealth, ftw!