Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's YOUR Duty to run for office

It's YOUR Duty to run for office

If you believe in liberty and freedom and rule of law. You need to be either running for office or supporting those who do. I know I am new here, and that many here are doing exactly this. So sorry to preach to the choir, but i still believe that many here would not run for office.

I recently have been considering getting into politics, I am not a great speaker, nor do I think I have any chance of getting elected. But by god I will run, and if a better man beats me, and he believes in liberty and freedom, then I will support him in every way that I can.

So those of you who think you cannot run or can't win, run anyways. it's not about winning or losing it's about giving the public a chance at freedom, and maybe someone will see in you those qualities which you don't even see in yourself. We spend our time thinking about who will be the next Ron Paul, when there are literally millions of Ron Pauls throughout the country.

It's your duty to run, we need to see liberty candidates in every race, at every corner. Win or lose, I will support each and every one of you, and I will even run myself and probably get sorely defeated, but it doesn't matter. And let me tell you I KNOW there are tons of people better suited for office than me.

I just think now is the time for the average American to try and make a difference. It's not a negative to run for office, we need to stop thinking like that, it's the best thing you can do for your country. Especially in these times, Libertarians need to be on the move, and we need leaders wherever they may be. Win, Lose, Succeed, Fail I will support you.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've already seceded from the US. I'm currently President of the Republic of Watson. If you ever decide to secede, let me know so we can establish international relations and commerce.
    When a trumpet sounds in a city, do not the people tremble?
    When disaster comes to a city, has not the Lord caused it? Amos 3:6

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    I've already seceded from the US. I'm currently President of the Republic of Watson. If you ever decide to secede, let me know so we can establish international relations and commerce.
    I guess this is a start, now if you were really serious you would run for local or bigger offices. being president of yourself is of course mandatory, however help the rest of your fellow Americans out and run for an office that will affect them too.

I understand your ideology, and I too give a rat's ass about unconstitutional laws.

I did. I was elected unanimously and for life as Emperor of my sovereign nation.
    Last edited by Truth Warrior; 02-04-2009 at 10:13 AM.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by wizardwatson View Post
    The Sovereign Republic of HB34 is willing to be on friendly terms with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Stary, run in 2010.

If you are at least 25 years old you should run against the incumbent.

Check out the subforum at the bottom of Liberty Forest or go to www.RetakeCongress.com

Quote Originally Posted by JoshLowry View Post
    Stary, run in 2010.

If you are at least 25 years old you should run against the incumbent.

Check out the subforum at the bottom of Liberty Forest or go to www.RetakeCongress.com
    I'll run, but I would like to see everyone run. I just hate to see jaded people with the right ideas refusing to run. I'll look at the link, I'll do what I can, but I really really feel like someone else would be better suited. However practice what you preach I suppose.

The point is, if I am considering running that is very significant. Because I am the type who would NEVER had run before. I think that is a good sign, the people who ought to be in office are often the ones who are most reluctant.

As it is now, only power hungry $#@!s get in office, and I am tired of it.

Ive actually considered it. First I have to provide for my family. Once my day to day survival is no longer in question, Ill float my candidacy for a local office among the nearby patriots and see who salutes.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've been thinking about legally changing my name to None Of The Above. I'm thinking I could win a few elections just by people who don't like the other candidates.

I could make signs.. "Vote for None of the Above!"

Who knows, maybe one day I could be President Above!!

Let's move forward to the Constitution.. I am the new GOP. I stand with Rand.

It's YOUR Duty to run for office

no its my duty to protect my family FROM the damage congress creates.......thats is first
    "Paper is poverty,... it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788.
    WWW.APPLESEEDINFO.ORG

Appleseed Project - "Common folks teaching common folks to shoot uncommonly well"

Quote Originally Posted by V3n View Post
    I've been thinking about legally changing my name to None Of The Above. I'm thinking I could win a few elections just by people who don't like the other candidates.

I could make signs.. "Vote for None of the Above!"

Who knows, maybe one day I could be President Above!!

LOL! Maybe Nobody can be my VP!

“I have many friends in the libertarian movement who look down on those of us who get involved in political activity,” he acknowledged, but “eventually, if you want to bring about changes … what you have to do is participate in political action.” -- Ron Paul
    http://www.amconmag.com/article/2008/sep/22/00019/
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

LOL! Maybe Nobody can be my VP!
    "None of the Above" has been tried.

It was printed at the TOP of the ballot.

Quote Originally Posted by Truth Warrior View Post
    "None of the Above" has been tried.

It was printed at the TOP of the ballot.
    dag! I was afraid of that!

I've considered legally changing my name to Thomas Jefferson.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thomas Jefferson Johnson? Jeff Johnson the name you know!

dag! I was afraid of that!
    That just brings us back to NOBODY.<IMHO>

Radical!!!

n/m
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Why? You bear nary a resemblance to him(literally or rhetorically).
    This website is private property. It's not public property.

Pretty simple. The whole bunchies charade is not an issue this country needs to face. You can use [img] tags just fine.

If I did it, I'd run on the campaign slogan of "Constitutional Limits"

Every vote would be based on whether the bill is constitutional or not.

Pretty simple. The whole bunchies charade is not an issue this country needs to face. You can use [img] tags just fine.

Natalie doesn't think it's a "charade".

If you want Constitutional, it might be better to pick "John Adams", Ron's favorite FF.

It is only your "duty" to run for Congress if you are capable of running as a credible candidate. If you're not up to that (i.e., if you don't have the experience, resources, and dedication) then don't run for Congress. Please. You'd be wasting donors and activists time and money, and we in the liberty movement have a limited quantity of both to go around.

So what IS our duty? To get involved by donating and working for credible candidates who choose to run for office.
    Join the Free State Project - www.freestateproject.org

Now that Rand is out - Gary Johnson 2016!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Hale View Post
    It is only your "duty" to run for Congress if you are capable of running as a credible candidate. If you're not up to that (i.e., if you don't have the experience, resources, and dedication) then don't run for Congress. Please. You'd be wasting donors and activists time and money, and we in the liberty movement have a limited quantity of both to go around.

So what IS our duty? To get involved by donating and working for credible candidates who choose to run for office.
    sorry. don't necessarily agree with that. the people with experience and resources to run are the ones who come back to bite freedom in the ass most of the time. i sometimes feel we woukd be better off picking an unknown maverick in every district and running them in a concerted effort.

I know, i know they would never win (sigh). it would be a waste. (sigh) but the people with the power and political cache will rarely if ever fight for freedom once in office. sad but true.

what experience is needed to be a congressman anyway. you just have to know what's right. how to vote, and be able to get others to do the same.

the only wa to get others to do the same is get some kind of critical mass in place. we'll never do that with ones who have the apparent needed traits. they have already been poisoned.

pappy

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Stary Hickory View Post
    I'll run, but I would like to see everyone run. I just hate to see jaded people with the right ideas refusing to run. I'll look at the link, I'll do what I can, but I really really feel like someone else would be better suited. However practice what you preach I suppose.

The point is, if I am considering running that is very significant. Because I am the type who would NEVER had run before. I think that is a good sign, the people who ought to be in office are often the ones who are most reluctant.

As it is now, only power hungry $#@!s get in office, and I am tired of it.
    I ran in 2008. For U.S. Congress. Even got endorsed by Dr. Paul himself!

Then I got kicked off the General Election Ballot.

I ended up with 12 write in votes. 12 people who wanted a chance at freedom, I suppose.

Now where am I? Back here on Ron Paul Forums, trying to help orchestrate a collapse of the FED. (see link below)

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=178115

Quote Originally Posted by pappy View Post
    sorry. don't necessarily agree with that. the people with experience and resources to run are the ones who come back to bite freedom in the ass most of the time.
    I think you're mixing up cause and effect. Experience and resources may be common in bad guys, but I wouldn't go so far as to think it causes badness. More likely, the bad guys simply think strategically and put up candidates with experience and resources.

i sometimes feel we woukd be better off picking an unknown maverick in every district and running them in a concerted effort.
    Yes, it's nice in think that we could recruit an army of novices in each district and run them for office, but our goal here is to win as many seats as we can. That requires doing more than throwing as many candidates as possible at the wall and seeing who sticks. Better to field two dozen quality candidates and put our scant resources behind them than field 100 joke candidates and divide our resources to the point that they are no longer effectively allocated.

I know, i know they would never win (sigh). it would be a waste. (sigh) but the people with the power and political cache will rarely if ever fight for freedom once in office. sad but true.
    It's a good thing this isn't true, otherwise, it would be pointless to run any race, because the qualified candidates are all evil and the unqualified candidates are incapable of winning.

what experience is needed to be a congressman anyway. you just have to know what's right. how to vote, and be able to get others to do the same.
    In theory, this is true, but not in practice. Voters determine the required experience. What experience is actually needed to fill the functions of a congressman is irrelevant, the experience our candidate needs to have is the experience that voters want our candidate to have.

I think you might be misjudging what I consider good experience - I don't necessarily mean experience in elected office. A businessman with a lot of experience could well fit the bill. Or a local community leader. What matters is that the person has the networks in place to make an effective run for the office.
    Join the Free State Project - www.freestateproject.org

Now that Rand is out - Gary Johnson 2016!

hi david! good luck on any future attempts!

I want to run in 2012 in Arizona. We are going to pick up two House seats from the 2010 census. Republicans control the state legislature here. I'm sure the districts would be favorable to Republican candidates.

Choose Liberty Candidates to Support: http://tinyurl.com/dnz2nb
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast