Thread: Why I closed my BoA business checking account today

Why I closed my BoA business checking account today

Simply put: $10 million spent on a Super Bowl party.

I told them I didn't want to do business with them anymore. I felt that having an account with their bank was akin to sleeping with the enemy. I couldn't stand by and watch them spend $10,000,000.00 on a week long Super Bowl party after receiving $45 billion in taxpayer bailout money.

I reminded her that this was not a personal attack against her, but that her bosses in Charlotte need to pull their heads out of their posteriors; American people are tired of being raked across the coals, especially since 90% or more of the people I talk to were opposed to the Bank Bailout in the first place.

They also asked what I would be doing for an account in the interim. I responded that I was going to put my money into a local credit union. The gal looked like I beat her with a stick. Once again, I told her that it wasn't an attack against her, but that in our greed driven economy, money talks. This was the best way for me to share with their corporation how I felt.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by the biss View Post

I told them I didn't want to do business with them anymore. I felt that having an account with their bank was akin to sleeping with the enemy. I couldn't stand by and watch them spend $10,000,000.00 on a week long Super Bowl party after receiving $45 billion in taxpayer bailout money.

I reminded her that this was not a personal attack against her, but that her bosses in Charlotte need to pull their heads out of their posteriors; American people are tired of being raked across the coals, especially since 90% or more of the people I talk to were opposed to the Bank Bailout in the first place.

They also asked what I would be doing for an account in the interim. I responded that I was going to put my money into a local credit union. The gal looked like I beat her with a stick. Once again, I told her that it wasn't an attack against her, but that in our greed driven economy, money talks. This was the best way for me to share with their corporation how I felt.
    Very nice.

Haha I did the same thing recently. Took my money market accounts from them and put it into the local credit union. Unfortunetely one of the women there is the sweetest little thing ever. The only ounce of remorse I felt.

Quote Originally Posted by the biss View Post

As a former BoA customer (for similar reasons), thank you. I didn't have time to give the teller that message.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Good for you. They got hit hard in the market as well. Lost nearly 9% on the highest volume of the day (even bigger than the spiders).
    Truth forever on the scaffold, Wrong forever on the throne,--
    Yet that scaffold sways the future, and, behind the dim unknown,
    Standeth God within the shadow, keeping watch above his own.
    ‫‬‫‬

credit unions are the way to go. I'm doing the same.

I just wrote an email to ken.d.lewis@bankofamerica.com (CEO of BoA)... basically a copy and post of what I wrote above.

i closed my savings with chase, only keep minimal amount for checking.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.