Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What causes conflict between Christian Conservative Republicans and libertarians?

Quote Originally Posted by ghemminger View Post
    Always wondered about this. We are for the abolishment of the income tax and constitutional principles. I wonder where such DEEP hate come from???

I was a NeoCon at one time and NEVER hated Libertarians... never really thought of them at all
    Because religion is collectivist by nature. Libertarians are individualist by definition. It's a contradiction.
    Force always attracts men of low morality. – Albert Einstein

Government is essentially the negation of liberty. – Ludwig von Mises

The great non-sequitur committed by defenders of the State, including classical Aristotelian and Thomist philosophers, is to leap from the necessity of society to the necessity of the State. - Murray N. Rothbard

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brassmouth View Post
    Because religion is collectivist by nature. Libertarians are individualist by definition. It's a contradiction.
    religion could be individualistic if it didn't have monolithic governing bodies who turn the path of searching into a side show with freaks for their empowerment.
    Imagine, everyone on their own independent journeys of search for truths... meeting only to exchange ideas....
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

So, now that we've established you can be christian, atheist, libertarian, republican, old, young, republicrat , black, green or purple ....AND you can Not rightly say all of one Particular group hates freedom. Then we can call BS on this thread and its motive.

Sounds like a hate troller.

Becuase you watch a T.V preacher, you can judge a faith...?

Well i hope People dont look at this one thread and think Every Ron paul follower is this divisive, this ignorant and self centered.

There's a big world out there... The ron paul movement welcomes you, but please, sit in the back and keep quiet during class.

Hating/categorizing a group of highly devoted and powerful individuals WHILE bashing their faith.....

You know? why didn't i think of that? That's what ron paul should have done, Im sure Thats what he would be proud of. What all his hard work has produced.
    Faith or not, That's just rude.

Really, thanks for exercising your 1rst amendment rights, but there are other forums that would welcome your non-informative, skewered anti-liberty movement opinion.

Christians in the Republican party can be persuaded. The way to approach them is this way:

Tell them that you cannot legislate morality through the government, that it is the job of the church and the community to reach out to those in need. Let them know you think their goals are noble, but ultimately it hurts their cause if they are trying to force their values on others.

They will be able to sympathize if you remind them that by backing liberty they will keep government out of their lives and that they would have free choice of schools, and their tax dollars would not go to immoral programs.

This approach works. The thing is, they are good people, who do want to do the right thing, so if you are not putting down their values they will see the light.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Infamouswoodster View Post
    So, now that we've established you can be christian, atheist, libertarian, republican, old, young, republicrat , black, green or purple ....AND you can Not rightly say all of one Particular group hates freedom. Then we can call BS on this thread and its motive.

Sounds like a hate troller.

Becuase you watch a T.V preacher, you can judge a faith...?

Well i hope People dont look at this one thread and think Every Ron paul follower is this divisive, this ignorant and self centered.

There's a big world out there... The ron paul movement welcomes you, but please, sit in the back and keep quiet during class.

Hating/categorizing a group of highly devoted and powerful individuals WHILE bashing their faith.....

You know? why didn't i think of that? That's what ron paul should have done, Im sure Thats what he would be proud of. What all his hard work has produced.
    Faith or not, That's just rude.

Really, thanks for exercising your 1rst amendment rights, but there are other forums that would welcome your non-informative, skewered anti-liberty movement opinion.
    I think its important to have open communication about differences. All families have disputes.
    The world is not all rainbows... unless you are on that end of bourbon street.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

Quote Originally Posted by Stary Hickory View Post
    Christians in the Republican party can be persuaded. The way to approach them is this way:

Tell them that you cannot legislate morality through the government, that it is the job of the church and the community to reach out to those in need. Let them know you think their goals are noble, but ultimately it hurts their cause if they are trying to force their values on others.

They will be able to sympathize if you remind them that by backing liberty they will keep government out of their lives and that they would have free choice of schools, and their tax dollars would not go to immoral programs.

This approach works. The thing is, they are good people, who do want to do the right thing, so if you are not putting down their values they will see the light.
    Or what has more value... someone who does good because he is forced to, or someone who is given true free will and decides to behave in a righteous manner.
    Last edited by torchbearer; 02-01-2009 at 10:08 PM.

didnt read all the replies, but from my own experience, one must seperate the implied "christian" message/support from so called candidate that decides to use "christian language" or "christian words" to get their stance across....truth or lie.

my mom and dad voted for McCain even though i always spoke of ron pauls message. they took McCain because during his debat with Obama, he stated that he was saved and believed in God, where as obama didnt really say so one way or the other.... Until that moment, they were unsure. thats all it took.

sad

Paul believes in god, but didnt push the fact because it has not much bearing or should have much bearing on the fight for our country. plus paul doesnt play the whole" christian" suck up game.

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post
    Christianity didn't start this crap and if you don't know that, you don't know much of anything at all. It was started by a bunch of Atheist $#@!s, who have a God complex of THEMSELVES. The goal has always been to get rid of Christianity. That way you can give your full allegiance to THEM. I'm not saying that some misled Christians haven't fallen into the trap, because they HAVE. They are helping in their own destruction. I'm none too happy about that either. But, so are many atheists, agnostics and everything in-between.
    Woah..... atheist $#@!s with a God complex, wtf? Should've joined earlier. Let it all out LE. Whatever, this thread was asking for more BS with a title like this though. Would've been interesting to see the gay vs. "Christians" battle. Anyway, Christianity isn't gonna disappear common it's seriously a ridiculously prominent majority. Even Mexicans are Christian for the most part. Hey, atleast we aren't Canada didn't they kick the protestants out sometime ago in their history.
    Believe your Justice.-Metal Wolf Chaos

Quote Originally Posted by Brassmouth View Post
    this is an ironic response.

"us" is a collectivist word. I suspect The vast majority that supported Ron Paul would not pass a libertarian purity test either.

Quote Originally Posted by M House View Post
    Woah..... atheist $#@!s with a God complex, wtf?
    If you don't know what I'm talking about, you have a LOT of learning to do.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

If you don't know what I'm talking about, you have a LOT of learning to do.
    same back at you LE.

The vast majority in this country believes in Jesus Christ in some way, shape, or form and as such, the majority of the blame can not be led at the feet of the atheists.....even the militant $#@! variety.

Last edited by Dieseler; 02-02-2009 at 12:04 PM.
    Pandora's box is not only open but its sides have been split with a razor and it now resides in a dumpster.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hey, I wasn't around in the old days of God complex atheists. I prefer to jump in to threads if I have to hear crap about what my beliefs are same as you. But whatever I can see the christians driving the gays away from the movement, and then the Christians getting driven away by the backlash like Torch said. If it was more complex than that, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    same back at you LE.

The vast majority in this country believes in Jesus Christ in some way, shape, or form and as such, the majority of the blame can not be led at the feet of the atheists.....even the militant $#@! variety.
    Well, that's interesting and all, but I was speaking about the people behind the curtain who have been working for scores of years to bring in world government. It was not a general statement about atheists.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Those people to me don't have a set belief, anyway. They'll use whatever force they can religion or not. If your churches want to join them....great. If they don't.....sucks for them.

Those people to me don't have a set belief, anyway. They'll use whatever force they can religion or not. If your churches want to join them....great. If they don't.....sucks for them.
    Well, just because they "don't to you", doesn't mean that they don't.
    ================

Well, that's interesting and all, but I was speaking about the people behind the curtain who have been working for scores of years to bring in world government. It was not a general statement about atheists.
    the people behind the curtain?

They are powerless without the will of the majority, and that is wear the blame truly lies.

I haven't read this whole thread but it would help if y'all weren't so anti-Christian. It's really effing tiresome. In a country where more than 80% are some form of Christian you'd think those with anti-Christian views would keep their mouths shut in order to help their cause.

Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    the people behind the curtain?

They are powerless without the will of the majority, and that is wear the blame truly lies.
    Well, the MAJORITY voted for Obama and it certainly wasn't Christians who put him in office.
    ================

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTerrel View Post
    I haven't read this whole thread but it would help if y'all weren't so anti-Christian. It's really effing tiresome. In a country where more than 80% are some form of Christian you'd think those with anti-Christian views would keep their mouths shut in order to help their cause.
    True, but they're not wise enough to figure that out, apparently.
    ================

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, the MAJORITY voted for Obama and it certainly wasn't Christians who put him in office.
    Huh? Plenty of Christians voted for Obama. Yeah....

Huh? Plenty of Christians voted for Obama. Yeah....
    Nah, it was you little heathens that put him in office.
    ================

How can you be so sure of that?

Well, I did actually vote for Chuck

because we arent afraid of Emmanuel Goldstein... um.. I mean Osama Bin Laden.

True, but they're not wise enough to figure that out, apparently.
    Yes. if you are in a minority. Please shut up.

This is the one thing that I envy about the Democrats. No stupid bickering over religious stuff on that side.

I think it's a mutual amount of hate. The GOP has been flat out hijacked by the bible thumpers. They used to be just one of many groups that made up the party. Now they are the party. The GOP is no longer the big tent party and this is exactly why. The evangelicals, as a whole, shun any one that doesn't wear their religion on the sleeve and doesnt support the religious agenda as the platform of the GOP. They simply don't want "non-believers" in "their party". Ive seen the comments across the net way too many times to have any other opinion. Of course there are exceptions to this rule and many of those exceptions are members here. Unfortunately, you are the minority. And as a non-religious person, so am I.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

I know you don't, Torch. But, you have to admit that we, as a group, haven't done much to welcome Christians into this movement. Quite the contrary, we drove them away, in addition to anyone over 40.
    I think you're confusing "this movement" with "this website."

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghemminger View Post
    Always wondered about this. We are for the abolishment of the income tax and constitutional principles. I wonder where such DEEP hate come from???

I was a NeoCon at one time and NEVER hated Libertarians... never really thought of them at all
    If you figure it out, let me know, okay? Because I am a Christian, I have always considered myself fairly conservative, and in the past I've tended to vote Republican. But they hate me, too

nt
    Last edited by Live_Free_Or_Die; 11-20-2009 at 07:27 PM.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast