Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution (MsD - HOAX)

Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution (MsD - HOAX)

Military to Pledge Oath To Obama, Not Constitution

* Posted by SpitFire on January 29, 2009 at 3:32pm
    * Send Message View SpitFire's blog

Conservative News and Reporting
    "News for the Rest of Us"
    Michele Chang

Secretary of Defense Robert Gates is extremely frustrated with orders that the White House is contemplating. According to sources at the Pentagon, including all branches of the armed forces, the Obama Administration may break with a centuries-old tradition.

A spokesman for General James Cartwright, the Vice Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, states that the Obama Administration wants to have soldiers and officers pledge a loyalty oath directly to the office of the President, and no longer to the Constitution.

"The oath to the Constitution is as old as the document itself." the spokesman said, "At no time in American history, not even in the Civil War, did the oath change or the subject of the oath differ. It has always been to the Constitution."

The back-and-forth between the White House and the Defense Department was expected as President George W. Bush left office. President Obama has already signed orders to close Guantanamo and to pull combat troops from Iraq. But, this, say many at the Defense Department, goes to far.

"Technically, we can't talk about it before it becomes official policy." the spokesman continued. "However, the Defense Department, including the Secretary, will not take this laying down. Expect a fight from the bureaucracy and the brass."

Sources at the White House had a different point of view. In a circular distributed by White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs, the rationale for the change was made more clear.

"The President feels that the military has been too indoctrinated by the old harbingers of hate: nationalism, racism, and classism. By removing an oath to the American society, the soldiers are less likely to commit atrocities like those at Abu Ghraib."

"We expect a lot of flak over this," ! the classified memo continues. "But those that would be most against it are those looking either for attention or control."

The time frame for the changes are unknown. However, it is more likely that the changes will be made around the July 4th holiday, in order to dampen any potential backlash. The difference in the oath will actually only be slight. The main differences will be the new phrasing. It is expected that the oath to the Constitution will be entirely phased out within two years.

--
    STOP SPP is a non-partisan group of citizens concerned over ...
    the creation of the NORTH AMERICAN UNION.
    This will dismantle USA as we know it today.

http://www.resistnet.com/
    Last edited by Gin; 01-29-2009 at 04:02 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Originally posted by revolutionman:
    "I don't like bob barr, the hair on his face is evil. I know thats dumb but there is just something i don't like about his moustache and eyebrows."

Originally Posted by amy31416:
    "Quit insulting snakes and lizards by comparing them to our politicians."

SAVE BUNCHIES!

Didn't Adolph do that too, in Germany, about 77 years ago? I guess it's just "change" for us. Hop on board the ObaMachiavellian Express.

I have seen (and posted) a lot of damning stuff about Obama.. but this just can't be real.... can it?
    "Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people
    designed to make of their victory,
    there would have been no surrender at
    Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me.
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation,
    I would have preferred to die at Appomattox
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand." - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

no they won't. no they won't. no.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Couple this with the students pledging allegiance to pictures of Obama, and I am scared out of my mind right now. What is going to come of this? Either the night is darkest just before the dawn, or this is a seemingly unstoppable train that we are near powerless to stop.
    http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by GK Chesterton
    It is often supposed that when people stop believing in God, they believe in nothing. Alas, it is worse than that. When they stop believing in God, they believe in anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rt. Hon. Edmund Burke
    Nothing is so fatal to religion as indifference.

I....I can't even.....

*speechless*
    "I don't like bob barr, the hair on his face is evil. I know thats dumb but there is just something i don't like about his moustache and eyebrows."

SAVE BUNCHIES!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    somebody please tell me that this is some crazy conspiracy theory....

Can't imagine this is true.

Athough it would take care of those pesky soldiers who refuse to serve because they take their oath seriously.

Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world.
    Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has...

John Stevens

New information indicates that this article may be an hoax perpetrated by jumping in pools blogspot. I will however not remove the article until such time it has been further investigated as in respect to substance it would perfectly fit the Usurper and it cannot be excluded the tag “Satire” placed later by the original author.
    http://www.oilforimmigration.org/facts/?p=906
    Last edited by ronpaulhawaii; 01-29-2009 at 03:06 PM.
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Quote Originally Posted by Kalifornia View Post
    somebody please tell me that this is some crazy conspiracy theory....
    I pray that is the case. If it happens, my God, can it? Is it even possible? Surely someone, the SC, the Senate, the House, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, just someone will stop it dead.

Edit: After searching, I'd say it is almost certainly satire, but it goes too far. That is just not funny.
    Last edited by nate895; 01-29-2009 at 03:12 PM.
    http://www.ronpaul2012.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by GK Chesterton
    It is often supposed that when people stop believing in God, they believe in nothing. Alas, it is worse than that. When they stop believing in God, they believe in anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rt. Hon. Edmund Burke
    Nothing is so fatal to religion as indifference.

only published in some blog? not credible at all.

Hey guys if this is satire I apologize from the bottom of my heart and fell into yet another crap trap....
    Folks, I'm not sure that it is so much Satire but that maybe it's been scrubbed... , while trying to further source it,
    I came across this which really makes me believe this may very well be true...

This Is Very Disturbing!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moderator: To me this is hard news but post where appropiate.

My son, who is in 1st grade, came home yesterday saying that he didn't want to go back to school anymore. So I asked him why? He said that during the Pledge of Allegiance the teacher put up a large image of Obama next to the flag. I asked him if he was sure of this and I suggested to him that maybe the teacher just put up an 8x10 photo of the president. He said, "No, it is a large picture of Obama and when we are done Ms. **** turns off the image." I also asked if they did this for Bush last year? He again said, "No." This was my sons first day back to school since before Christmas, he was on a 5 week track break.

My wife volunteers a couple of days each week with helping out with my sons teacher doing various duties. She said that she would come in early this morning to see what was going on. She just got back and reported that this was true and then some. She said she waited out in the pod area and could see inside 3 of the 5 class rooms in this section of school. She said that when the kids stand each teacher flips on the classroom overhead and a full body image of Obama, with six U.S. flags behind him, comes up about 4 feet away from the flag that hangs on the wall. She said that the image has Obama staring straight at you with no facial expressions, just a serious look. I asked my wife if Obama had his hand over his heart? She said that she was so taken aback by this that she didn't see it. What is worse is she said that all of the kids in each class faced Obama instead of the flag that hangs in the corner.

What the heck is going on?

Guys and gals, I need some advise on how to approach this. I can be somewhat hot headed so I need to plan accordingly with what to say to the principal when we go in to inquire about this. I am sure I will be brushed off so what is my next step? Obviously it will be the school district but then who? ACLU, Veteran groups, Christian groups? Who would be interested in this vile activity?

This is happening in the Clark County School District here in Las Vegas, Henderson area
    http://www.thetreeofliberty.com/vb/s...ad.php?t=45498

For this reason is why I ALWAYS Source my posts, so you folks know where I get my info....

As far as the original post... I pray to God this is not the case... but something tells me it is true and has been scrubbed from the Net. Alot of information has been scrubbed since Mr. Obama Usurped the Office .. so I am not ready to write it off just yet... just be aware that this possibility does exist.
    Last edited by Gin; 01-29-2009 at 04:01 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Given the left's long time obsession with the "Cult of Personality", I see no reason to be any too surprised about this possibility.

Copy right infringement.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    I think he is referring to the fact that they will have to choose between serving the commander-in-chief or the Constitution.
    Today 7:19am on post

Liberty Forest ⇒ Liberty Forest ⇒ General Politics
    Reload this Page Obama "hard choices for military ahead"

I want my kick-back.

Wow. Many more on search..it's become a meme. The oldest is from Jan. 28th. A day late and a dollar short again.. O.K. I'll settle for a six pack of PBR and a Slim Jim.

Quote Originally Posted by DJ24966 View Post
    So, is this a hoax or not?
    Hoax.

I only bothered to look it up in order to get Gin off the hook.

Its rumors. Black Five military website has debunked it.
    http://www.blackfive.net/main/2009/0...-changing.html
    From Black Five:
    My email back to the news exec was that, while I thought it completely false and satirical (all pledges from Demi Moore to President Obama aside), I would look into it. Using a few of the B5 authors' contacts, we have been able to receive verbal confirmation from sources that this is completely FALSE. We will post official responses from General Cartwright's office if/when we receive them.

There you have it.

Blackfive.net defends the Obama Administration from slander. Next up, pigs in flight over the ice flows in the gulf of mexico.

~Blackfive

Update: For the curious, the "news story" has been popping up at other blogs and email, not just the one linked. We wanted to keep it from going viral.

I apologize for any parital heart attacks or strokes this may have caused.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    tis a hoax... and quite a whopper no less!
    given that gates is a hold-over from thah "W"
    like who is the idle hand in "loose lips sink ships" terms
    like who invented all this around a watercooler???
    like burger~king is home of the "whopper"...not?
    gin ... like some stories are way too good to be true!

Thank the Gourd above this is a hoax!

*sigh of relief*

SAVE BUNCHIES!

Quote Originally Posted by yellowwing View Post
    Its rumors. Black Five military website has debunked it.
    http://www.blackfive.net/main/2009/0...-changing.html
    From Black Five:
    My email back to the news exec was that, while I thought it completely false and satirical (all pledges from Demi Moore to President Obama aside), I would look into it. Using a few of the B5 authors' contacts, we have been able to receive verbal confirmation from sources that this is completely FALSE. We will post official responses from General Cartwright's office if/when we receive them.

There you have it.

Blackfive.net defends the Obama Administration from slander. Next up, pigs in flight over the ice flows in the gulf of mexico.

~Blackfive

Update: For the curious, the "news story" has been popping up at other blogs and email, not just the one linked. We wanted to keep it from going viral.

I apologize for any parital heart attacks or strokes this may have caused.
    Why should we believe "Black Five military website"? I can find several websites that call Ron a racist. Does THAT "debunk" Ron?

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/debunk
    Last edited by Truth Warrior; 01-30-2009 at 10:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by yellowwing View Post
    There you have it.

haha - thanks and welcome to the forum
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

figure it out by inference... mr gates is a teamplayer.
    barack obama got debriefed by colin powell recently.
    connie rice LIKED the idea of hillary then in her job,
    for it keeps quite a lid on 911 and all is tres duckie...
    THEREFORE, i'd more believe SPIRO AGNEW had an
    idea like that in 1973 were he to be sworn in to a much
    more powerful job ...than i do believe barack obama is that
    creative, inventive, and cognicent of the old roman empire...
    ...and even then, i would have taken six months to believe even
    spiro agnew could contenance a change of the oath like that!!!
    Last edited by Aratus; 01-30-2009 at 10:12 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast