Thread: RP Republican now a vice chair of DC GOP

Thumbs up RP Republican now a vice chair of DC GOP

Congratulations to Craig Max on his election to Vice Chair (one of three) and Outreach Comm Chair of the DC Republican Committee last night.

Craig is a new friend I met via the Ron Paul presidential campaign though it seems like much longer. He was on our slate of delegate candidates from the beginning. I would venture to guess that he is now the highest ranking Ron Paul Republican in the GOP party structure.

This accomplishment should come as no surprise as Craig has been paying his dues to the party: volunteering, legal advice, buying a table at the fundraising dinner last year, acting as treasurer to a local GOP council candidate, etc.

No new Ron Paul Republicans were elected to the DCRC last night (some of us are still there) and we lost one member who resigned (though he has direct access to the RNC).
    My review of the For Liberty documentary:
    digg.com/d315eji
    (please Digg and post comments on the HuffPost site)

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

Nicholas Sanchez on Bush's legacy, September 30, 2007.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You're probably about to see something similar happen in Nashville.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    You're probably about to see something similar happen in Nashville.
    Good luck and keep up the great work!
    digg.com/d315eji

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

the legendary run barry goldwater set up for himself between 1960 and 1964 feels incrediably
    similar to our here and now despite the market peak that was achieved in 1965. we all are on
    the verge of a long deep depression ...and if barack obama only holds things to a stasis field
    status quo, he is SO open to a bi-election shift in the U.S senate and house of representatives...

and the momentum builds...
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Awesome.

*insert "on by one" inspirational quote here*
    [Jeremy] zach is a typical racist from WV
    [CaseyJones] zach is hiding the fact that he is reptilian
    In 2012, 3rd party chatrooms will take over RPF Main Chat:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpos...69&postcount=1

There will be good news from NC as well, I predict! Congrats to Craig Max!

(I don't know if you guys got the memo, but I'm on the NC platform committee and we have one other RLC member on it as well, and a John Locke member as well......looking good I'm telling you....)
    Liberty, of course, has her price in blood, if we do not suppport her when she is in trouble.

Good, we need more of these stories from more states. Sometimes we gotta pay our dues.
    digg.com/d315eji

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sorry if this is a little late but I have something to say.

It's good that we're seeing more and more Ron Paul supporters elected to office all over the country. But when it comes to Washington D.C., I don't see how this will help make D.C. freer. It's one of the most overwhelmingly Democratic places in the country, with a Cook Partisan Rating of D+39 (i.e. an average 89% of the vote). Even in 1984, Ronald Reagan only got 13% of the vote there. Granted, the new Republican establishment that emerges is going to share alot more common ground with the Democrats, but will it be enough? What can Mr. Max accomplish for the cause of freedom? Would it make more sense to run as a Democrat or Independent in D.C.?

Quote Originally Posted by Romantarchist View Post
    Sorry if this is a little late but I have something to say.

It's good that we're seeing more and more Ron Paul supporters elected to office all over the country. But when it comes to Washington D.C., I don't see how this will help make D.C. freer. It's one of the most overwhelmingly Democratic places in the country, with a Cook Partisan Rating of D+39 (i.e. an average 89% of the vote). Even in 1984, Ronald Reagan only got 13% of the vote there. Granted, the new Republican establishment that emerges is going to share alot more common ground with the Democrats, but will it be enough? What can Mr. Max accomplish for the cause of freedom? Would it make more sense to run as a Democrat or Independent in D.C.?
    Sorry for MY delayed response, just now saw your comments.

The issue I addressed is the internal treatment of RP Rs within the party. Craig was not running for public office, but a party one.

That said, yes, we Republicans are outnumbered here yes. We're about 7% of the total.
    digg.com/d315eji

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley in DC View Post
    Good, we need more of these stories from more states. Sometimes we gotta pay our dues.
    http://blogs.tennessean.com/politics...s-haslam-wamp/

http://politics.nashvillepost.com/20...aul-supporter/

http://politics.nashvillepost.com/20...-thats-mature/
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

The issue I addressed is the internal treatment of RP Rs within the party.
    You ought to see these this example:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=199346

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    You ought to see these this example:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=199346
    Matt, I asked Aaron, but no response yet, but wasn't the Campaign for Liberty shilling for the election of the guy kicking us out of the party structure over a RP guy?
    digg.com/d315eji

Matt, I asked Aaron, but no response yet, but wasn't the Campaign for Liberty shilling for the election of the guy kicking us out of the party structure over a RP guy?
    The ISC of the CFL-FL, a guy named Mark Cross, ran for RPOF Chair. When he realized he didn't have a chance of winning, he decided to drop out. Makes sense. But when he did it he was sitting next to the govrnor and got nervous, and then decided to flat out endorse opponent Jim Greer. And I also think he might have been trying to build bridges (unfortunately Mark didn't realize at the time that one cannot cannot negtioate with a snake).

I think Mark is probably an ok guy, I've only met him once, and I think that he was doing what he thought was best, even though he was clearly wrong in the situation. But that's history; and now it's coming back to bite us.

I'm not sure what Mark's position is now, but many many many people DO NOT like Jim Greer.