Thread: You guys seen Mish Shedlock's take down of Peter Schiff?

You guys seen Mish Shedlock's take down of Peter Schiff?

"Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call to her tribunal every fact, every opinion."
    - Thomas Jefferson

WATCH: The Money Masters - How International Bankers Gained Control of America

READ: Tragedy and Hope: A History of The World in Our Time - Carroll Quigley

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Banned Troll - http://digg.com/users/silverlinkx2/history/comments/page2

Yes. For two threads already. And the rebuttal to this article. And I'm sure there will be a rebuttal to this rebuttal in a 4th thread

Quote Originally Posted by ChooseLiberty View Post
    the way he repeatedly personally attacks Peter Schiff doesn't inspire me trust in this guy.

Mish isn't an Austrian. Austrians don't give any credence to the "velocity" of money.
    Force always attracts men of low morality. – Albert Einstein

Government is essentially the negation of liberty. – Ludwig von Mises

The great non-sequitur committed by defenders of the State, including classical Aristotelian and Thomist philosophers, is to leap from the necessity of society to the necessity of the State. - Murray N. Rothbard

no smart man would put his faith in the US government and buy treasury bonds.
    you can buy now using an elevated dollar to get in on things that are poised to go way up when the dollar collapses. If he's right, and I think he is, his profits are going to be ridiculous. I've already showed by referencing some mining stocks that you can make a killing in this market playing Schiff's investment strategy.

-theoakman, RPF 1/26/09.

Oh what a difference 10 months makes. Deflationists, where are thou?

Quote Originally Posted by Mordan View Post
    the way he repeatedly personally attacks Peter Schiff doesn't inspire me trust in this guy.
    I am on 3 hrs sleep, 2 days running. Major fireworks should be coming, on Schiff, not sure what day, but soon.
    Mish

This guy has a problem
    We need immigrants in this country. What we don't need is politicians. Get rid of them! - Peter Schiff

No i haven't seen this why haven't there been more threads?

Schiff's portrayal of the housing bust is remarkable in its accuracy even if it was two years early. He might not have been the only one to call it, but his description back then of what he thought would happen was uncanny and for that he deserves praises.

However, this does not mean that his other calls are nearly as accurate, and Mish correctly points out his misses. Schiff is clearly a smart guy, but I think he can also be rather arrogant and some of the other stuff he says is rather easily refuted.

Now, Jim Rogers, as I have mentioned in another thread, is much much harder to refute compared to Schiff, but I believe one must also try to take in what the guys on the opposite end of a debate with Jim Rogers have to say. If they give intelligent replies, even if they do not agree with Rogers, then I think factoring the opposing view gives us a more complete picture of the economic situation.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jon_perez View Post
    Schiff's portrayal of the housing bust is remarkable in its accuracy even if it was two years early. He might not have been the only one to call it, but his description back then of what he thought would happen was uncanny and for that he deserves praises.

However, this does not mean that his other calls are nearly as accurate, and Mish correctly points out his misses. Schiff is clearly a smart guy, but I think he can also be rather arrogant and some of the other stuff he says is rather easily refuted.

Now, Jim Rogers, as I have mentioned in another thread, is much much harder to refute compared to Schiff, but I believe one must also try to take in what the guys on the opposite end of a debate with Jim Rogers have to say. If they give intelligent replies, even if they do not agree with Rogers, then I think factoring the opposing view gives us a more complete picture of the economic situation.
    Mish's reply wasn't intelligent. It was dishonest and manipulative.
    you can buy now using an elevated dollar to get in on things that are poised to go way up when the dollar collapses. If he's right, and I think he is, his profits are going to be ridiculous. I've already showed by referencing some mining stocks that you can make a killing in this market playing Schiff's investment strategy.

-theoakman, RPF 1/26/09.

Looks like WSJ will be putting out an article about this soon.....supposedly, Schiff is threatening a lawsuit.

http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2009/01...-peter-schiff/

http://clusterstock.alleyinsider.com...reworks-coming

Quote Originally Posted by slamminshaun View Post
    Looks like WSJ will be putting out an article about this soon.....supposedly, Schiff is threatening a lawsuit.

http://www.ritholtz.com/blog/2009/01...-peter-schiff/

http://clusterstock.alleyinsider.com...reworks-coming
    Around late 2008, some PR flacks were circulating a Schiff’s greatest hits — short excerpts of his appearances on major media. It was apparent to me that these heavily edited clips were not coming from random readers, but rather, were part of an organized PR campaign.

If envy would kill this guys would be allredy dead. The late attacks on Peter Schiff are all so lame. Peter can be criticized because of a lot of things, but this attacks are just manipulative and lame.

Hugo

Quote Originally Posted by hugolp View Post
    Around late 2008, some PR flacks were circulating a Schiff’s greatest hits — short excerpts of his appearances on major media. It was apparent to me that these heavily edited clips were not coming from random readers, but rather, were part of an organized PR campaign.

If envy would kill this guys would be allredy dead. The late attacks on Peter Schiff are all so lame. Peter can be criticized because of a lot of things, but this attacks are just manipulative and lame.

Hugo
    rofl, the Peter Schiff was right videos weren't some clever PR campaign. In fact, I think they were badly edited. Honestly, I remember almost every video the past 2 years. I could make a killer video that would probably be 10 times more effective. I would rather not spread the good word anymore given the consensus in this country. The only way for the ignorant to learn anymore is for them to pay a huge price for their ignorance. You try to talk to people with common sense and they look at you like you are crazy.

There are some answers I've gotten from people I know

"What do you mean housing prices go down?"
    "This is America, the richest nation on earth, we don't owe anyone money"
    Last edited by theoakman; 01-28-2009 at 12:52 PM.

-theoakman, RPF 1/26/09.

Quote Originally Posted by hugolp View Post
    And even if it was, so what? Is non kosher to have a PR campaign?

This is why the whole libertarian/free market philosophy never gets anywhere... constant fighting among themselves. God why ruin the message... just because we don't agree on the current outcome doesn't mean the future outcome isn't going to be the same.

We have a hard enough time with people who are statist attacking us

Quote Originally Posted by demolama View Post
    This is why the whole libertarian/free market philosophy never gets anywhere... constant fighting among themselves. God why ruin the message... just because we don't agree on the current outcome doesn't mean the future outcome isn't going to be the same.

We have a hard enough time with people who are statist attacking us
    Its about the money, baby. Mish was jelous of Peter fame and the money he was getting and he is playing the manipulative card.

Hugo

In case Mish has anyone seriously wondering if Peter's call on the US dollar is wrong, here's another piece from the Mises Institute that you should also read before you draw any conclusions: The Future of Gold

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That whole thing reeks of plain jealousy. I don't think anyone has been saying that Schiff is 100% right all the time or his funds are up a zillion percent. He did the one thing that no one else really did and that's call this current crisis out in advance, based on sound Austrian economics. That alone puts him on a higher level than most every CNBC hack panelist and fund manager and while Im not familiar with this "Mish" person, I doubt he called it either. It's funny that one guy pointing out that Schiff's funds are down and some of his predictions are wrong is getting so many pats on the back. That same trend could apply to nearly every friggin Wall Street investor in the country. Besides, Peter's views aren't based on turning a quick buck from an up day in the market like most of these hacks are. His views are long term. Only time will tell who comes out on top in the end.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book