Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 152

Thread: What you will now see from the Media

  1. #1

    Default What you will now see from the Media

    In particular; I will focus on Fox News.

    Since the President has changed, the party has changed, the INTENDED perception has changed, so does the media's overt agenda for each channel.

    For the last 8 years Fox News has blatantly been pro-war, pro-fascism, pro-bush, pro-whatever they were told to be.

    In those 8 years, it became to be seen for what it was - a propaganda network. It WASN'T just limited to them, but they were the obvious douchebags, they were the ones defending the state, the wars, Bush, etc.

    Now, over the same last few years, in particular, all the attacks of Bush etc.... have been coming from the likes of Keith Olberman, MSNBC, etc. all the "lefties".

    During this time, they gained credibility etc. Denounced wars, whatever. They "told it like it is". No real obvious "propaganda". (Obviously MASSIVE AMOUNTS, I'm just taking this from a laymans perspective... the general sheeple, who are now following Obama like drones)

    Anyway, now that Obama is President, the script is going to flip.

    MSNBC, CNN, Hardball, Olberman etc. THEY will become the propaganda outlets. THEY will be the NEW FAUX NEWS!

    They speak out against the regime, when their "side" is not in power. NOTHING ever gets done, its all chatter in the wind, it SEEMS like there is vocal opposition to the status quo, but it really means jack squat.

    This is why Glenn Beck moved to Fox News. They are now the ANTI-STATUS QUO CHANNEL. See his show? He's calling government

    Glenn Beck Seems to Understand
    Posted by Thomas DiLorenzo at January 27, 2009 07:58 AM

    This morning on Faux News he said, "the government has become just like the mob." He was referring to how the Fed ORDERED several banks to take bailout money, and then ORDERED them to lend it. He also used the "S" word to describe Obama's "economic plan."

    Funny how Faux News supported Bushian fascism with every ounce of its energy, but is now becoming a critic of a slightly different form of socialism.
    - http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewr...es/025007.html
    This is, there ain't nothing funny about it. FISHY is more like it.

    So expect to start questioning yourself when Fox News actually say shit that makes sense, like Libertarian style stuff. (Won't be all the time, but more so than ever) Like actual Conservative, Glen Beck type of comments. All the trolls start to appear ok. It is because they are the new anti-status quo channel, who won't do shit against the other tide of public opinion and media.

    People go, Fox News attacking Obama? Yeah, no wonder they supported Iraq, Bush, Neocons etc. They'll instantly dismiss whatever it is, and kling to the MSNBC, CNN BULLSHIT that will be thrown at them.

    *sigh*

    It is all part of the false paradigm. It is all coerced. It doesn't "just" happen.

    </hopefully sensical rant>
    I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard. ~ William Lloyd Garrison

    Quote Originally Posted by TGGRV View Post
    Conza, why do you even bother? lol.
    Worthy Threads:
    Ignore: Xerographica, newbitech, Travlyr



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

    Default

    Great analysis. I can't stand to watch any of the mass media news channels, so I can't really comment in depth about what Fox or MSNBC is doing. I know that Fox's message has definitely changed, based on a few programming changes. Propaganda programming. My distaste for these channels means that I don't have conversations about some missing kid, a murdering mom, or some flip comment by a politician.
    Maxed out to ALL of Ron Paul's campaigns.

    Listen to Liberty Tree Radio! ::

    Pro-Liberty, Pro-Gun, Pro-Militia Radio 5 days a week, 10 LIVE HRS TALK RADIO PER DAY!

    http://www.libertytreeradio.4mg.com

    http://www.themicroeffect.com (8A - 11A EST daily)

    http://www.live365.com/stations/edtheak47 (3 PM- 9 PM EST daily)


    Organize, Arm, Equip, and Train as a Militia !


  4. #3

    Default

    I had nbc on last night and I wanted to puke. ABC, CBS and others are nearly as bad. Beck is barely standable and Hannity is just a warmonger who somehow thinks smaller government includes a huge defense department and just cant get over the "Fox of the past" to turn it to that channel. Hannity is funny when he goes off about obamamania though, but again the rules dont apply when someone questions him about "W"

    Really is there any good TV news anymore? Ill stick to internet outlets for (some of) the truth

  5. #4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Conza88 View Post
    People go, Fox News attacking Obama? Yeah, no wonder they supported Iraq, Bush, Neocons etc. They'll instantly dismiss whatever it is, and kling to the MSNBC, CNN BULLSHIT that will be thrown at them.
    wow. Yeah, that sounds about right. Whenever we speak out against Obama, we'll automatically be associated with the neocons. ugh

  6. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    769

    Default

    I know what you are saying about Fox News and it is infuriating how they ignored the RINO agenda and anti-Constitutional behavior of the Bush administration.

    One example moment was when Bill O'Reilly was trying to coax Americans into accepting the Amnesty proposal, saying it was the best deal we are gonna get. It was probably the most overt propaganda I had ever seen. The funny thing was the actual legislation had not been released yet, it had only been drafted by lulac, mecha, Ted Kennedy, other dems, Bush and McCain/Graham, Ed Gillespie and Harry Reid in a backroom. Even Tom Tancredo had only been able to get pieces of it...No person had read it completely, so to have Bill trumpet it for acceptance was extreme to say the least.

    In a defense of Glenn Beck, he is saying much the same thing that got him canned from CNN and from what I understand is creating some friction at fox. I do know that O'Reilly and he are at odds. It has been said that O'Reilly thinks he has an outdated view (translation speaks to what people are really saying/thinking).

    But I do agree with the too little too late approach, they had a chance to help expose and they did not. After all, Rupert Murdock is a Hillary supporter and sees the Obama election as profitable. This is the case for many so-called Conservative talk show hosts. They let Bush slide and didn't ratchet up the heat when they should of, on purpose it seems.

  7. #6

    Default

    That's why I watch CNN, CSPAN, FOX, BBC, MSNBC(rarely) and use the net.
    The American people will never knowingly adopt Socialism. But under the name of
    'liberalism' they will adopt every fragment of the Socialist program, until one day
    America will be a Socialist nation, without knowing how it happened. ~ Norman Thomas

    Insurrection will amass from the inside. ~ Me 3/17/09

  8. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sevin View Post
    wow. Yeah, that sounds about right. Whenever we speak out against Obama, we'll automatically be associated with the neocons. ugh
    We were pegged as lefties when we demonstrated against the neocons too...seems to be a lose-lose trap they've tried to set for us. Fuck their little matrix-I'll oppose 'em all the way. NWO fails!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    The government is incapable of doing what it's supposed to do. A job like the provision of security is something best left to private institutions.
    My music/art page is here"government is the enemy of liberty"-RP
    That which doesn't kill me has made a grave tactical error
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    This whole board is a thoughtcrime in progress.
    Quote Originally Posted by danke View Post
    I carry my man purse for fashion, not function.

  9. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chosen View Post
    One example moment was when Bill O'Reilly was trying to coax Americans into accepting the Amnesty proposal, saying it was the best deak we are gonna get.
    What is this you are talking about?
    I don't watch "faux news" so I don't know.
    The only thing I can think of is the immigrants.
    In either case it sounds like he is the DA.
    Amnesty sounds like we commited a crime and we need a good deal.

  10. #9

    Default

    You talk as if these show hosts are writing their own programs. 'Glenn Beck is good some of the time.' They are all talking heads. If you are discouraged with the government, watch our show at 4:30. If you like our government, tune in at 5! It's all viewer/rating type bullshit. This is a business. I wouldn't believe any of these guys if they told me their real names.
    You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
    To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete."

  11. #10

    Default

    Fox news is actually benefitting from this Obamamania. They have all but put an end to MSNBC's surge. Unfortunately, they are still defining conservative as war and police state, and this is all their sheep will regurgitate back to you, when you try to explain the simple difference between small and big government.
    "It is our true policy to steer clear of entangling alliances with any portion of the foreign world. "
    George Washington

    "Since the general civilization of mankind, I believe there are more instances of the abridgment of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations"
    James Madison

  12. #11

    Default

    Very nice observation. Thanks for the insight, OP!

  13. #12

    Default

    The sad thing was hearing the rants from FOX (including Glenn Beck) over the closure of Gitmo. They're still clinging to the War on Terror and probably will until the very end.

    I'm not sure anything has really changed - the "liberal" outlets have always been propaganda machines for the Democrats and they continue to be. Fox is still the outlet for the neoconservatives who now see that their best line of attack is economics. The only change is FOX has changed from defensive tactics to offensive.
    NC doesn't need ThomTillis as the Republican nominee for US Senate.

  14. #13

    Default

    I can find no credibility with either side considering they supported either McCain or Obama. Olbermann will definately lose viewers because the "change has happened" - hilarious. And the "underdog" will always garner increasing support.

    But you hit on it right. The media is a tool to emphasize the slight differences between the two sides of congress. When we know in reality the foreign policy, economic/fiscal are relatively the same.

    It is all spectacle. You may be better off watching Yale play Harvard, because it is more of an issue of "rivalry" than actual substance. All spectacle.
    "You ain't fooling nobody.........with the lights out!"

  15. #14

    Default

    Ok, this is the bs I'm talking about. On dailypaul front page:

    "It seems Ron Paul has taught Glenn Beck well"

    Now, look at what is being said! Good fcken GAWD.

    THe ONLY REASON: it is being said NOW, is because it DOES NOT MATTER to them.

    It is ALL about Fox News, re-capturing it's base. The sad thing is, it's not because Glen Beck is learning or anything - it's because he's now been given the ABILITY to attack outright. Because the higher ups have allowed it.

    Why couldn't he do this on his show ALL THROUGHOUT the campaign? i.e Because it mattered then, it may have swayed peoples votes.

    So I guess, it's hard - you spread this; you give fox news credibility. But I guess, you should point out, this in some way, and then get folks to read AUSTRIAN ECONOMICS. OR - RON PAUL was RIGHT ALL ALONG.

    Use the outlet, but convert them before Fox News changes tune again and they follow like sheep.
    I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard. ~ William Lloyd Garrison

    Quote Originally Posted by TGGRV View Post
    Conza, why do you even bother? lol.
    Worthy Threads:
    Ignore: Xerographica, newbitech, Travlyr

  16. #15
    Member jkr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    OhiO baybeeeeee
    Posts
    6,151

    Default

    down is up and black IS white

  17. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Conza88 View Post
    Ok, this is the bs I'm talking about. On dailypaul front page:

    "It seems Ron Paul has taught Glenn Beck well"

    Now, look at what is being said! Good fcken GAWD.

    THe ONLY REASON: it is being said NOW, is because it DOES NOT MATTER to them.

    It is ALL about Fox News, re-capturing it's base. The sad thing is, it's not because Glen Beck is learning or anything - it's because he's now been given the ABILITY to attack outright. Because the higher ups have allowed it.

    Why couldn't he do this on his show ALL THROUGHOUT the campaign? i.e Because it mattered then, it may have swayed peoples votes.

    So I guess, it's hard - you spread this; you give fox news credibility. But I guess, you should point out, this in some way, and then get folks to read AUSTRIAN ECONOMICS. OR - RON PAUL was RIGHT ALL ALONG.

    Use the outlet, but convert them before Fox News changes tune again and they follow like sheep.
    From what I understand it is because he was walking on egg shells with CNN. Between he and Lou Dobbs there was a massive activist attendance which was contradictory to the far left agenda of Ted and Co. They started to put the two in the same time slot, then canned Beck when he began to speak of pitchforks and torches and have them on the set. They canned him from what I have heard was due to Republican anger during the election cycle (the GOP voice was McCain Left).

    As consolation he received the Fox gig, but only after the election.

  18. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sevin View Post
    wow. Yeah, that sounds about right. Whenever we speak out against Obama, we'll automatically be associated with the neocons. ugh
    And that is a very real danger. But it's why we must scream at the top of our lungs to distinguish ourselves from the big-government conservative crowd.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    this space for rent

  19. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Conza88 View Post
    It is all part of the false paradigm. It is all coerced. It doesn't "just" happen.
    If you think this is all some sort of conspiracy theory then you are off your rocker



    That being said there is some truth to what you are saying about the noticeable differences. But what is happening is that the neo/conservatives are aligning with the libertarians not necessarily because of principle, but because of partisanship. For example... not a single Republican in the house voted for the stimulus package. However many of them did vote for the first Wall Street bailout. I think many would've voted for this one if it wasn't the opposition in the White House. It's easy to throw stones at your opponent but it takes real resolve to throw stones at members of your own party.


    So I say we start educating and milking the media coverage for all it's worth to hopefully explain libertarianism and the philosophical foundation thereof. This way when the neo/conservatives split in the future we can have more people with us than previously.
    Last edited by Matt Collins; 01-29-2009 at 08:41 PM.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    this space for rent

  20. #19

    Default

    I don't watch fox news. I youtube it from you guys.
    For the Republic! For the Cause!
    The Truth About Central Banking and Business Cycles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaxIPPMR3fI#t=186

  21. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    If you think this is all some sort of conspiracy theory then you are off your rocker
    What, like you're off your rocker if you believe there is a move towards world government? Please don't insult Ron Paul like that.

    That being said there is some truth to what you are saying about the noticeable differences. But what is happening is that the neo/conservatives are aligning with the libertarians not necessarily because of principle, but because of partisanship. For example... not a single Republican in the house voted for the stimulus package. However many of them did vote for the first Wall Street bailout. I think many would've voted for this one if it wasn't the opposition in the White House. It's easy to throw stones at your opponent but it takes real resolve to throw stones at members of your own party.
    Perceived opposition. Every Republican will "oppose it" <- LOL. But the bill will STILL GET PASSED. Just you watch. And if it fails like last time, they'll come back again.

    In the mean time, the rest of America who OPPOSE the bailouts, instead of going MAN, the Democrats AND Republicans - SUCK BALLS. What about the Libertarian party?!?

    They are all filtered back into the Republican party, which is controlled.

    How The Elite Control Politics

    ^ Wake the fck up.

    So I say we start educating and milking the media coverage for all it's worth to hopefully explain libertarianism and the philosophical foundation thereof. This way when the neo/conservatives split in the future we can have more people with us than previously.
    Ummm, yeaaah this is exactly what I've said. Point people to it, but also acknowledge it for the message, and SHOW THEM OTHER MATERIAL: show them it is being discussed on the mainstream news, then point them to LEWROCKWELL.COM and MISES.ORG - use the mainstream media, to help give credibility.

    But if we start going, WATCH fox News, watch Glen Beck - all that happens is, they eventually change their tune. AS THEY WILL. Then all the work goes wasted, the drones you were telling to watch Glen Beck, are now going to get confused when you say - "Don't watch Glen Beck, we really aren't terrorists!"
    I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard. ~ William Lloyd Garrison

    Quote Originally Posted by TGGRV View Post
    Conza, why do you even bother? lol.
    Worthy Threads:
    Ignore: Xerographica, newbitech, Travlyr

  22. #21

    Default

    So not only do the elite play both political parties, the play both types of news networks to give people something to bitch about. Now the NAU is no longer conspiracy theory, it's something in the works.

    2/3 of the world will accept the Mark of the Beast...You should see the thread in civil liberties section to understand what this mark is. It really is happening.

  23. #22
    Needs a bigger boat Anti Federalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    In a Nine Line Bind
    Posts
    56,067
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default

    The Undertaker (R - Seventh level of hell)

    We are at war with Jihadism! Some rights must be curtailed to protect our democracy! The banks must be relieved of their bad assets in order to stimulate the economy!



    Andre the Giant (D - Land of happy thoughts and fuzzy feelings)

    We are at war with Jihadism! Some rights must be curtailed to protect our democracy! Government must stimulate the economy!

    "It's a Free Country."
    "They hate us for our Freedoms."
    "The troops are protecting your Freedom."




    You're not nuts! You're FISHERMEN!!!

  24. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Conza88 View Post
    What, like you're off your rocker if you believe there is a move towards world government? Please don't insult Ron Paul like that.
    A move towards world government doesn't = conspiracy theory.



    Quote Originally Posted by Conza88 View Post
    They are all filtered back into the Republican party, which is controlled.
    For now... but if we work on it we can change this. I have seen proof firsthand.


    Quote Originally Posted by Conza88 View Post
    Point people to it, but also acknowledge it for the message, and SHOW THEM OTHER MATERIAL: show them it is being discussed on the mainstream news, then point them to LEWROCKWELL.COM and MISES.ORG - use the mainstream media, to help give credibility.

    But if we start going, WATCH fox News, watch Glen Beck - all that happens is, they eventually change their tune. AS THEY WILL. Then all the work goes wasted, the drones you were telling to watch Glen Beck, are now going to get confused when you say - "Don't watch Glen Beck, we really aren't terrorists!"
    You make a very very good point and I absolutely agree. But being able to say that Ron was on Cavuto 35+ times, or that Beck has frequently interviewed libertarians only lends credibility among the masses to our cause.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    this space for rent

  25. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    A move towards world government doesn't = conspiracy theory.
    Good. So the fact that the Media is the Fourth Estate and is owned by the global elite, also isn't a conspiracy theory.

    For now... but if we work on it we can change this. I have seen proof firsthand.
    I don't think you'll ever be able to reform the Republican party. Just my opinion. I think the only real change can come about, by pointing out that the BOTH parties suck. So try for the LP party and spread the message. But I realise, with Ron Paul in the Republican party, there is still hope and should probably be given a real good effort to take it over.

    The problem is; there is a limited number of seats, districts running etc. Thomas Jefferson intended that there be 1 representative for every 30,000 people.

    House of Representatives should have 10,000 congressman to be fully representative. I'd like to see two party system try manage THAT! Ron Paul folks wld literally destroy and take over.

    So much harder when that isn't the case though.

    [You make a very very good point and I absolutely agree. But being able to say that Ron was on Cavuto 35+ times, or that Beck has frequently interviewed libertarians only lends credibility among the masses to our cause.
    Whatever it is, it should be too give us credibility. And to point out relentlessly that the media is also defunct. Use it as transition to get folks to our resources, not stay pinned on theirs.
    Last edited by Conza88; 01-29-2009 at 11:10 PM.
    I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard. ~ William Lloyd Garrison

    Quote Originally Posted by TGGRV View Post
    Conza, why do you even bother? lol.
    Worthy Threads:
    Ignore: Xerographica, newbitech, Travlyr

  26. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Conza88 View Post
    I don't think you'll ever be able to reform the Republican party. Just my opinion.
    I have seen firsthand evidence to the contrary.


    Quote Originally Posted by Conza88 View Post
    I think the only real change can come about, by pointing out that the BOTH parties suck. So try for the LP party and spread the message.
    Of course both parties suck, which is why we are trying to change one of them. Unfortunately the LP is not viable and won't be for some years to come. Why? Well for many reasons which I don't have the time to list but largely because the GOP and Dems won't allow ballot access in many places.


    Quote Originally Posted by Conza88 View Post
    But I realise, with Ron Paul in the Republican party, there is still hope and should probably be given a real good effort to take it over.
    Exactly. And we are working towards this end. Why rebuild a car from scratch when you can simply jump on board another one and hijack it?



    Quote Originally Posted by Conza88 View Post
    Whatever it is, it should be too give us credibility. And to point out relentlessly that the media is also defunct. Use it as transition to get folks to our resources, not stay pinned on theirs.
    Of course. It's only the first of many stepping stones into a large base of knowledge.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    this space for rent

  27. #26

    Default

    Ron Paul: Gold Standard 1/30/09 Fox Business

    ^ Check that shit out!

    They are helping him explain the point! People picture carrying around gold, when you mention the gold standard.. they set that money gag up, so they could help the viewers connect with what he is saying, ISN'T insane.

    Proves my point exactly... FOX HELPING RON MAKE HIS POINT?!

    His message NEVER CHANGED. They were bemoaning him a few months ago, "GOLD STANDARD?! ROFLCOPTER" "KOOK"

    And whats even more hilarious, it was that same guy...

    This ain't genuine, this again - just trying to bring people into the fold.

    Point being, move people in the direction of lewrockwell.com and mises.org WHILE YOU CAN.
    I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard. ~ William Lloyd Garrison

    Quote Originally Posted by TGGRV View Post
    Conza, why do you even bother? lol.
    Worthy Threads:
    Ignore: Xerographica, newbitech, Travlyr

  28. #27

    Default

    Sean Hannity is now a Libertarian!!!

    The esoteric agenda continues!
    I will be as harsh as truth, and uncompromising as justice... I am in earnest, I will not equivocate, I will not excuse, I will not retreat a single inch, and I will be heard. ~ William Lloyd Garrison

    Quote Originally Posted by TGGRV View Post
    Conza, why do you even bother? lol.
    Worthy Threads:
    Ignore: Xerographica, newbitech, Travlyr

  29. #28

    Default

    You've explained it very well Conza.

    I am on the same page as you. Beck and Hannity are not "waking up" to these new ideas. I've seen lots of people think that Beck is now a friend.

    They are following a script day in and day out.

  30. #29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Conza88 View Post
    Sean Hannity is now a Libertarian!!!

    The esoteric agenda continues!
    You definitely called it in your first post. I hope this thread sticks around, because when people re-join the forums in 3 years, we'll have a lot of people who have bought into the conditioning.

    This Beck-Hannity thing is a bunch of baloney.
    Maxed out to ALL of Ron Paul's campaigns.

    Listen to Liberty Tree Radio! ::

    Pro-Liberty, Pro-Gun, Pro-Militia Radio 5 days a week, 10 LIVE HRS TALK RADIO PER DAY!

    http://www.libertytreeradio.4mg.com

    http://www.themicroeffect.com (8A - 11A EST daily)

    http://www.live365.com/stations/edtheak47 (3 PM- 9 PM EST daily)


    Organize, Arm, Equip, and Train as a Militia !


  31. #30

    Default

    The OP is absolutely correct.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc


    "Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

    "Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast




« Previous Thread | Next Thread »


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •