Thread: How do yuo go about gathering donations for Ron Paul?

How do yuo go about gathering donations for Ron Paul?

I want to gather checks from jewelers in the downtown jewelry district. Everyday for the past week I've been going down there wearing a shirt and they keep asking me about him I was thinking of setting up a little table on the sidewalk with some fliers and some cool gifts and a few other supporters, and then offer the gifts for any donation of say $50 or more....

Do I need to do anything special to be able to accept donation money? How would I then give it to HQ?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Some people are wary of that, donations are/should be directed to the campaign address or website. If you sell anything its entirely up to your honesty to then donate it. Thats why there are tons of internet sites selling t-shirts and the like to make a buck some not most do not have any affiliation with campaigns at all, and a few even sell Romney shirts and stuff on a sister site. Be wary, and don't get in trouble!

Quote Originally Posted by im_a_pepper View Post
    Some people are wary of that, donations are/should be directed to the campaign address or website. If you sell anything its entirely up to your honesty to then donate it. Thats why there are tons of internet sites selling t-shirts and the like to make a buck some not most do not have any affiliation with campaigns at all, and a few even sell Romney shirts and stuff on a sister site. Be wary, and don't get in trouble!
    How would you then donate that money though?

I don't want to sell something, I want to give people a free gift (out of my own pocket) in exchange for them making a donation.

Can I just ask them to pay by check, payable to Ron Paul, and then mail all the checks with a list of their names and addresses or something so they can register it as a donation? I don't want to be taking any cash or money directly. I want it to go straight to them, but I want it to be done correctly.

The BEST way would be for you to print off some of these......

https://www.ronpaul2008.com/files/RP2008-Reply-form.pdf

...and then mail them in for them. I did this and then had a jar for small donations set on the table to help pay for paper, stamps, etc. and usually a couple 3-4 dollars easily comes along if necessary.

*added* Be sure to always give this information with donations otherwise some donations will be sent back or destroyed due to new FCC and other campaign finance reform issues.
    Last edited by im_a_pepper; 09-12-2007 at 10:12 PM. Reason: added info