Thread: gold or gold stocks? silver or silver stocks?

gold or gold stocks? silver or silver stocks?

Opinions please

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    only what you can hold in your hand and defend, not paper, I thought this was common knowledge

If you can't hold it in your hands, it isn't yours
    "I'm not just trying to win or get elected. I am trying to change the course of history" - Ron Paul

Possession is 9/10ths of the law.

Anything but physical metal is paper metal and may not be worth the paper it's printed on.

i would want to own twice as much physical metal as i would mining shares. So if i had 100K to invest.

i would buy maybe $50K physical gold, 25K gold miners, 20K silver, 5K silver miners (there aren't too many good silver miners out there).

and in terms of buying physical, you might want 30K to be in your physical possession, and maybe the other 20K in something like goldmoney.com or the perth mint or something like that.

that's just my opinion. there is no real need to buy the miners unless you're trying to make a big score. it's less volatile and risky to just own the physical... but there's potentially a much bigger upside to the miners... so if you want that big score, the miners provide the best chance at a big capital gains.

with your wealth, having a portion in paper is better than nothing. you already have physical gold and europac, so the next would be to get silver in physical.

see miningpedia.com for metal related stocks.

Go with mutual funds that invest in precious metal miners. Unless you do your DD on a stock it does not make them a big winner if gold soars.

I like REE, rare earth elements, like Niobium.
    http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards...?board_id=8822

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    All of them! Of course, that's assuming you have an amount of physical on hand already.
    Hear Congressman Paul's weekly legislative update toll free 888-322-1414

thanks guys i'll think i'll predominately keep physical. I'll dabble a bit in the mining stocks but if it only gives you better leverage, I can always do that with some of my gold. I could leverage some of my gold 5/1 or something

Arklatex

Have to own GDX and IAG

80% Miners
    20% Bullion