Thread: John Boehner: Ron Paul "a good friend of mine," "does a nice job"

Wink John Boehner: Ron Paul "a good friend of mine," "does a nice job"

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/pol...gg.boehner.cnn

Starts at 18:15 in the video.

Mentions Ron Paul at 18:40.

There was a question about marijuana, and Boehner gave a ridiculous answer: if we legalize it, there will be an increase in crime; there is no medical use for marijuana," etc.

It was funny, though, hearing the host pronounce the Digg usernames - "This is a question is from sockfire." How often do you hear that on the news?
    "That's one thing about freedom; you have to tolerate the nonsense too." - Ron Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Knightskye View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/pol...gg.boehner.cnn

Starts at 18:15 in the video.

Mentions Ron Paul at 18:40.

There was a question about marijuana, and Boehner gave a ridiculous answer: if we legalize it, there will be an increase in crime; there is no medical use for marijuana," etc.

It was funny, though, hearing the host pronounce the Digg usernames - "This is a question is from sockfire." How often do you hear that on the news?
    What an idiot. Yet another example that the GOP does not stand for individual liberty at all.

We are surrounded. Do-gooders on the left telling everyone how to live, and do-gooders on the right telling everyone how to live.

We the people, by an overwhelming margin, want it legalized. Do they care? Nope.

lol he avoided the water boarding question

Boehner is a NEOCON, Inner Circle, Power Freak.

Don't forget, back in NOVEMBER, John "Crap Sandwich" Boehner, held their private secret meeting amongst the inner circle, to select the NEW LEADERS of the GOP House of Representatives/RNC/CONGRESS in a SECRET location in Virginia.

Ron Paul didn't even know about the secret meeting in selecting the new GOP leadership, until, JOHN ROBERTS, on LIVE TV told him!

BTW, CNN was interviewing Ron Paul about the FAILURE of the GOP/RNC... looks like Boehner and the NEOCONS continue their ways!

BOEHNER is NO FRIEND to true republicans, Libertarians, and/or constitutionalists. Over half of Boehner's campaign donations are from the corporate masters he sells out to... BOEHNER needs to go, but we know it won't happen...

But I remain positive, and hope for that huge meteor to hit SW Ohio!
    Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 01-24-2009 at 01:11 PM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

boehner is a piece of neo-con poop

its jut republican rhetoric. all republicans are pretending to buddy-buddy with paul now that mccain lost. if mccain won you wouldn't even be hearing about paul from any of these guys.
    Draft Gary Johnson 2012

See if the law takes from some persons what belongs to them, and gives it to other persons to whom it does not belong. See if the law benefits one citizen at the expense of another by doing what the citizen himself cannot do without committing a crime. Then abolish this law without delay, for it is not only an evil itself, but also it is a fertile source for further evils because it invites reprisals. – Frédéric Bastiat

Quote Originally Posted by stormcommander View Post
    lol he avoided the water boarding question
    "I'm going to trust people in the field to do things that are legal."

Plausible deniability.
    "That's one thing about freedom; you have to tolerate the nonsense too." - Ron Paul

what a tool.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why is it when one of the insiders makes a positive statement about Ron Paul people on this forum moan and complain? Take the compliment...remember, many who DO respect Boehner heard his words also. Tones

Yes, Boehner, we know Ron Paul does a good job. Thanks for being unafraid to mention his name in public, much less in a positive light. Now, then. When will you start doing as good a job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

These guys just want to use us without accepting or even expressing our beliefs. I laughed at the letter I received from my local GOP the other day. They crowed about how attendance was up around 5-10% at most of their caucuses state wide in 2008. Little do they realize the attendance probably would've been down about 20% if not for the Ron Paul supporters turning out.

Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    Yes, Boehner, we know Ron Paul does a good job. Thanks for being unafraid to mention his name in public, much less in a positive light. Now, then. When will you start doing as good a job?
    this
    "I'm not just trying to win or get elected. I am trying to change the course of history" - Ron Paul

Immaturity abounds on the Ron Paul Forum as usual. tones

Expecting an elected official to represent the people, not the special interests, is immature now? Expecting one to emulate those he knows do a nice job is childish? My, how low this nation has sunk...
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by tonesforjonesbones View Post
    Humbug.

I'm 44 and "Boner" is a tool.

Seriously, that was nothing more than a platitude.

He doesn't believe in or support the RP message in any meaningful way.

I don't know about you, but I'm sick and tired of Republican hacks pissing on my leg and telling me it's raining.
    “Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Humbug.

I'm 44 and "Boner" is a tool.

Seriously, that was nothing more than a platitude.

He doesn't believe in or support the RP message in any meaningful way.

I don't know about you, but I'm sick and tired of Republican hacks pissing on my leg and telling me it's raining.
    Yep, I agree with this. Notice how he dodges the questions -- if the question's on bailouts and increased spending by Republicans, he talks about earmarks.

If the question's about fiscal responsibility, he harps on about the democrats spending practices, while conveniently ignoring the fact that the Republicans were burying us in debt and increasing spending as fast or faster than the Ds!

Practically everything out of his mouth was obvious B.S. to anyone paying attention and knowing any of the facts, I just don't know how I ever believed this crap. These guys don't have a principled bone in their bodies, or if the ever did, it's buried under so much Machievellian greece, that it makes no difference anyway.

I'm not voting for any R or D that supported the bailouts, period, or hasn't really faught to reduce spending. The GOP can loose all their seats as far as I'm concerned. Most of them don't stand for small government at all, they love big government if it's theirs.
    Last edited by tremendoustie; 01-24-2009 at 06:07 PM.
    “If you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.” -CS Lewis

The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft.

If our society were a forum, congress would be the illiterate troll that somehow got a hold of the only ban hammer.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tonesforjonesbones View Post
    Maybe calling Boehner a "crap sandwich" or a "piece of poop" is immature, but I wouldn't call the majority of posts in this thread immature.

Dr. Paul votes no a lot.

When I was there mostly under Clinton, the Rs loved it. Not so much against Bush. Now that a D is back in office as prez, Dr. Paul will be in better graces with his caucus.
    My review of the For Liberty documentary:
    digg.com/d315eji
    (please Digg and post comments on the HuffPost site)

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

Nicholas Sanchez on Bush's legacy, September 30, 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley in DC View Post
    Dr. Paul votes no a lot.

When I was there mostly under Clinton, the Rs loved it. Not so much against Bush. Now that a D is back in office as prez, Dr. Paul will be in better graces with his caucus.
    Be still my beating heart! So, I presume we won't be seeing them fielding the latest Chris Peden (or whatever his name was) to run against our man in his 2010 primary?

When will they next perform that trick?

Interesting move from a party that so claims to value unity, wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Knightskye View Post
    Maybe calling Boehner a "crap sandwich" or a "piece of poop" is immature, but I wouldn't call the majority of posts in this thread immature.
    Boehner called the TARP plan a crap sandwich, then practically crawled acround on his knees to get GOP votes for it.

So, he started it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley in DC View Post
    Dr. Paul votes no a lot.

I still don't see them giving him a chair though.

Republicans love our numbers but hate our issues. The thing is, we are the issues.

For Boehner to say that Ron Paul is doing a good job and then say you're against legalized marijuana is like saying that Ghandi is doing a good job but you are for using violence to get things done.
    Definition of political insanity: Voting for the same people expecting different results.

Boehner is a politician, just like all the rest. He'll say whatever he thinks will get him elected.

The fact of the matter is that most VOTERS want marijuana to stay illegal. Most VOTERS don't think for themselves, and they've been told their whole lives that pot is bad, pot is bad, pot is bad. So they want pot to stay illegal. Most young people want pot to be legal, but most young people don't vote.

Boehner isn't the problem; he's just a symptom. Anyone who runs for office on a platform of marijuana legalization will lose. It's inevitable that someone like Boehner who says whatever he thinks his constituents want to hear will win almost every time.

Our job is not to convince Boehner and his ilk to come around to our way of thinking. Our job is to convince people who already agree with us to VOTE. Then the John Boehners of the world will start singing our tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Feenix566 View Post
    Boehner is a politician, just like all the rest. He'll say whatever he thinks will get him elected.

The fact of the matter is that most VOTERS want marijuana to stay illegal. Most VOTERS don't think for themselves, and they've been told their whole lives that pot is bad, pot is bad, pot is bad. So they want pot to stay illegal. Most young people want pot to be legal, but most young people don't vote.

Boehner isn't the problem; he's just a symptom. Anyone who runs for office on a platform of marijuana legalization will lose. It's inevitable that someone like Boehner who says whatever he thinks his constituents want to hear will win almost every time.

Our job is not to convince Boehner and his ilk to come around to our way of thinking. Our job is to convince people who already agree with us to VOTE. Then the John Boehners of the world will start singing our tune.
    not true all 3 counties in Colorado where i live voted in majority to make legal. its pretty much legal in colorado/colorado mtns already. A speeding ticket cost more then 1oz and a bowl

everything takes time ,no worries eventually the corrupt gop leadership will be dead literally!! change comes everyday another brainwashed person passes away as we speak!!!
    Last edited by speciallyblend; 01-26-2009 at 06:19 PM.
    2016 gop est business as usual, rules do not apply.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.