Thread: Something fishy? Counterfeit foods enter the U.S. market

Something fishy? Counterfeit foods enter the U.S. market

Something fishy? Counterfeit foods enter the U.S. market

USA Today
    Jan. 19, 2009

Some of your favorite foods may be fakes.

Foods masquerading as something else — a more nutritious something else — have been big news in the past two years. Chinese food companies in particular have been blamed for making deadly alterations to dairy, baby and pet foods by adding melamine. The chemical makes it appear that the food or beverage has the required level of protein.

But what about food producers in this country? What fraudulent foods do U.S. consumers have to fear from American companies?

Experts say dangerous U.S.-produced foods are comparatively few, but producers have been known to practice "economic adulteration" — adding a little to their bottom line by padding, thinning or substituting something cheap for something expensive.

Full Story:
    http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/...ke-foods_N.htm
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's like they're actually trying to poison us. :/
    [Jeremy] zach is a typical racist from WV
    [CaseyJones] zach is hiding the fact that he is reptilian
    In 2012, 3rd party chatrooms will take over RPF Main Chat:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpos...69&postcount=1

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    Some of your favorite foods may be fakes.
    So you are saying that places like McDonalds and Krystal may not be serving real meat!?!?!?

I can't believe it!
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

It's real meat alright, just don't ask what kind.

Quote Originally Posted by tmosley View Post
    It's real meat alright, just don't ask what kind.
    I wouldn't even worry about that, I'd be more worried about the questionable, possibly unsanitary and certainly inhumane living conditions, eating sick and poisoned animals from the chemicals and questionable drugs they are fed.

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Plus, the people that work at McDonald's are often less than sanitary(down here, many come from Mezzo/South America).

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I wouldn't even worry about that, I'd be more worried about the questionable, possibly unsanitary and certainly inhumane living conditions, eating sick and poisoned animals from the chemicals and questionable drugs they are fed.

Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Poor animals
    Originally posted by revolutionman:
    "I don't like bob barr, the hair on his face is evil. I know thats dumb but there is just something i don't like about his moustache and eyebrows."

Originally Posted by amy31416:
    "Quit insulting snakes and lizards by comparing them to our politicians."

SAVE BUNCHIES!

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    places like McDonalds and Krystal
    What the hell is Krystal?

You guys need to get some friggin In n Outs..

That's what a hamburger is all about (and this is coming from someone who is primarily vegetarian 99% of the year..)

MMmmmmm mmmm bitches.. and there is NO trans fat in those fries, it's 100% pure vegetable oil
    Last edited by dannno; 01-22-2009 at 12:54 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by SnappleLlama View Post
    Poor animals
    Be grateful they haven't found a way(yet) to make Americans like the taste of Llamas!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by zach View Post
    It's like they're actually trying to poison us. :/
    well what can we even do about it..

if debt is slavery then we are in no position to make demands...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    What the hell is Krystal?

You guys need to get some friggin In n Outs..

That's what a hamburger is all about (and this is coming from someone who is primarily vegetarian 99% of the year..)

MMmmmmm mmmm bitches.. and there is NO trans fat in those fries, it's 100% pure vegetable oil
    this place is great.. its actually Christian owned.. and it is leaps and bounds ahead of the rest of the burger place in terms of health and safety..
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
    Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha View Post
    Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    Be grateful they haven't found a way(yet) to make Americans like the taste of Llamas!
    You be grateful that they haven't found a way (yet) to make Americans like the taste of heavenly boys...