Thread: Hey Dude, Can you Hang Ten?

Thumbs up Hey Dude, Can you Hang Ten?

Since most Ron Paul supporters like to surf... at least on the internet, I thought this sign campaign would motivate the masses. Tell me what you think...

How many Ron Paul supporters are there? 1 million? 500,000? Lets say 100,000. If each person put up at least 10 semi-permanent signs, thats ONE MILLION SIGNS, We could solve the Name recognition problem. The media would have no choice but to talk about all the signs appearing everywhere. As it is, there is a very small percentage of RP supporters hanging all of the signs... We need to get everyone involved.

I think it gives folks a goal. It serves as a source of motivation... "have you hung your ten signs for Ron Paul?" ... And its fun. We could have Surfer Dude/Hang-Ten Ron Paul sign parties.

So how can I/We start the "Hang Ten for Ron Paul" Campaign?

TruckinMike

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sounds good to me. Hang ten; count me in!!
    "Remember that a government big enough to give you everything you want is also big enough to take away everything you have.” Barry Goldwater

GREAT... I think the thing to do now is have a "HangTen" sign party with your local meetup group. Get the concept out. When I get home, thats my plan.

My flickr page hosts the surfer dude image. Its not great, but it'll do.(80% rule)

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne...7613106&size=m

Truckinmike

This actually could be turned into an awesome fundraiser/party idea.

Have a Hawaiin/Luau/Beach themed party. Grab some cheap leis and other decorations, invite all your friends, and turn it into a Ron Paul event.

I need to do something to get our one meetup energized. No one participates in anything. This might do the trick.

getting folks active is the hardest part, But it Looks like the "Hang Ten for Ron Paul" campaign might have some legs......

its funny, we have to campaign for campaigners

side bar:

Since you are in PA.. at mile marker 39, on I-80, near SR3007, there is a HUGE abandoned billboard that needs about (8) 4x8 RP campaign signs. Also at mile marker 58.8, near eastend rd, on the south side of the highway, there is an old barn that was once used as a sign, the owners may allow a RP sign to be place on it as well.

Truckinmike

Quote Originally Posted by TruckinMike View Post
    Since you are in PA.. at mile marker 39, on I-80, near SR3007, there is a HUGE abandoned billboard that needs about (8) 4x8 RP campaign signs. Also at mile marker 58.8, near eastend rd, on the south side of the highway, there is an old barn that was once used as a sign, the owners may allow a RP sign to be place on it as well.

Truckinmike
    Woah. Thanks! Is that info you've gathered yourself, or is this stuff available somewhere?
    And do you happen to know how one could figure out where the mile markers are, aside from driving the road in search of them?

mile marker 39 is about 5 miles west of the Allegheny River and the town of Emlenton. And mile marker 58.8 is 19.8 mile east, down I-80, near Clarion, and west of the Clarion river.

And yes, I was just driving thru and jotted it down.

Truckinmike

Forget everything I've said.... I quit!

I bet that billboard is still sitting empty on I80!!

TruckinMike
    “No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders.”
    ― Samuel Adams

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Our forefathers gave their lives, fortunes and sacred honor to preserve liberty for their posterity (US!). Somehow I don't think Truckin' Mike will give up so easily. At least he better not.

(And yeah, I can hang ten but I much prefer pulling in to double overhead tropical barrels!)
    Ninth Amendment:
    The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.

Tenth Amendment:
    The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

You are right!... I'm not even close to having frozen bloodied feet like our fore fathers!

“No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders.”
    ― Samuel Adams

We tried this in Milwaukee and the signs didn't stay up very long. We are going to be taking a more cost effective approach.

I got reports tonight that in some areas of FL the tree hanging method is working well....
    No one reads signatures.

We tried this in Milwaukee and the signs didn't stay up very long. We are going to be taking a more cost effective approach.
    It takes persistence... find other locations that will not get torn down. Dollar for dollar coroplast is the best. The signs must be hung very high with a ladder. And in trees, on bridges, everywhere.

If you are still having problems then go out of the city limits and place on roads leading into the city. They stay the longest. And if they take them down...PUT THEM BACK UP.

at $2 a sign...what kind of "cost effective" venture are you expecting? A cash return...

---if you really want a cheap sign try http://www.ronpaulgrassrootshq.com

they have pole signs for $166 for 400 or 41.5 cents per sign!

Hope this helps

Truckinmike
    ― Samuel Adams

The country is beautiful there and your dog is so cute! Thank you !

Parker is such a ham... he was showing off for the video camera (I guess you saw his debut on youtube ?.?.)

if not here it is..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj-EbUKrDIE

Truckinmike
    ― Samuel Adams

I'll take him if you ever want to get rid of himHa ha.
    Is he a border collie mix?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mike,

You have some buddies on the road! I just got done with a 1450+ mile road trip from miami to west central texas, I have a simple bumper sticker on my car and in my back window, truckers were honking at me as I drove past.

Most impressive one was at night, going through the tunnel there in Mobile, Alabama only two of us there, and that horn was LOUD in he tunnel (btw that tunnel makes night nto day, it is BRIGHT in there!)

Also outside of Ocala, FL on i75 there is a full out billboard! Nice work whoever has done this!! The FDOT can't take that one down!!
    No one reads signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatwasp View Post
    I'll take him if you ever want to get rid of himHa ha.
    Is he a border collie mix?

Border Collie/ Lab

but he takes more of the collies traits. When he gets excited his ears turn up and square off like a labs.

TM
    ― Samuel Adams